Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- akezeke - 2011-11-25

Tompen Wrote:Hi akezeke,
Looking at your source, trying to learn stuff.
Why is it not:

Session::getInstance()->unlock();

before return on line 56 in SearchResultBackgroundLoader.cpp?
If log prints "search results arrived, aborting due to request", when is lock released?

I guess the answer is.. never Smile
It is now fixed.

And by the way, thank you for your openelec integration, I actually installed it on my HTPC today cutting off about 10 seconds of boottime and got my remote support back!

2 versions of xbmc on 1 machine. - torleif - 2011-11-29

Hi
I am running ubuntu 11.10 and have xbmc installed and configured.
I wish to try the spotify version and was wondering if it is possible to install this version without deleting my already installed xbmc?

Can I just use this guide and run the 2 versions side by side?

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2

ThanksBig Grin

- soder - 2011-11-29

torleif Wrote:Hi
I am running ubuntu 11.10 and have xbmc installed and configured.
I wish to try the spotify version and was wondering if it is possible to install this version without deleting my already installed xbmc?

Can I just use this guide and run the 2 versions side by side?

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2

ThanksBig Grin

I've done what your asking for. I was using the pre build version from the repository, and then did my own build.

The "files" are kept on different places and share the same ~/.xbmc folder for userdata..

After I builded it my self, the command "xmbc" start the newest, but it I manuallt try to run my old repository version, also that works.

But, since the pre eden works very well, I never use the old one. Also, a lot of skins and addons doensn't work on pre eden, but need svn versions, and these may not work very well on the older version of XBMC.

/Söder

- torleif - 2011-11-30

soder Wrote:I've done what your asking for. I was using the pre build version from the repository, and then did my own build.

The "files" are kept on different places and share the same ~/.xbmc folder for userdata..

After I builded it my self, the command "XBMC" start the newest, but it I manuallt try to run my old repository version, also that works.

But, since the pre eden works very well, I never use the old one. Also, a lot of skins and addons doensn't work on pre eden, but need svn versions, and these may not work very well on the older version of XBMC.

/Söder

Thanks!

I installed it to my home directory and everything works fineBig Grin
I am new to linux and dont know how all works.

As I understand it. I downloaded from git and cd to the download dir, then first ./bootstrap then ./configure then "make" and last "make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc"

From what I understand everything compiles in the source dir, and when I "make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc" it gets installed in $HOME/xbmc ?

If I wish to uninstall should I just "make uninstall" from the same dir where I compiled the program or should I be in the install dir when is use "make uninstall" ?
If everything is installed to the specified dir. Can I just delete the dir instead of uninstalling? or are there other files being installed on the system?

Thanks!!

- sidetaske - 2011-12-01

Tompen Wrote:Hi sidetaske, May I suggest you take a look at this post.

Thanks, that seems a bit easier than my way.. I actually edited all the files akezeke had changed myself in Opdenkamps source manually with Notepad++. But hey, I got it working and I must say that it is much better than the original SpotyXbmc.

- kooolkat357 - 2011-12-03

sidetaske Wrote:Thanks, that seems a bit easier than my way.. I actually edited all the files akezeke had changed myself in Opdenkamps source manually with Notepad++. But hey, I got it working and I must say that it is much better than the original SpotyXbmc.

In what way is it better? Any chance you would share your version of SpotyXbmc?

api - Spikey1989 - 2011-12-04

Hi all!

i was just looking how it goes with and real addon to spotify.. i was looking on there website and found this one API key?

hope it could be any help to any1 Smile

/spikey

- soder - 2011-12-04

Spikey1989 Wrote:Hi all!

i was just looking how it goes with and real addon to spotify.. i was looking on there website and found this one API key?

/spikey

This is what everybody needs to be able to do anything with Spotify. :-)

/Söder

Problem switching tracks - jmarcet - 2011-12-04

Hi,

I've just compiled and installed the current HEAD on my Gentoo HTPC.

Everything works reasonably well but skipping tracks. With a playlist on queue, trying change to the next or the previous song fails saying there is no next file, then exiting.

I don't see anything in the logs. I'll try to check the sources but I don't even know where I should look.

Any hints?

- jmarcet - 2011-12-04

All right, I got some logs. It looks like it actually tries to play each other file but fails to do so:

Code:
ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file spotify:track:6ofJs2WdtE2qzyYyqNYuj4.spotify
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 2, path [spotify:track:6ofJs2WdtE2qzyYyqNYuj4.spotify]

The entire log is here: pastebin.com/ZkpuVbbJ

Spotify Add on - dallasnights - 2011-12-04

YES has anyone devleoped a true plugin that works on ATV yet please let us know

Spikey1989 Wrote:Hi all!

/spikey

- MagicMicky - 2011-12-04

Hi there !
First of all, thank you for spotyxbmc, this is really awesome ! Spotify on your TV is really an awesome feature Big Grin

I was just wondering, if I want to update spotyxbmc, do i just have to compile the last version ? Won't this erase some parameters or something ?
And, with spotyxbmc updates, would I also update xbmc version ? Cause some things are kinda buggy sometimes.

Thanks for your answers

- akezeke - 2011-12-04

jmarcet Wrote:Hi,

I've just compiled and installed the current HEAD on my Gentoo HTPC.

Everything works reasonably well but skipping tracks. With a playlist on queue, trying change to the next or the previous song fails saying there is no next file, then exiting.

I don't see anything in the logs. I'll try to check the sources but I don't even know where I should look.

Any hints?

Hi,

I tried to reproduce your problem, and succeeded when I enabled crossfade between songs. So for now... just disable crossfade and let me now if that helps. Not really a solution for the problem but maybe a cure for the symptoms. That will do for now.

/David

- akezeke - 2011-12-04

MagicMicky Wrote:Hi there !
First of all, thank you for spotyxbmc, this is really awesome ! Spotify on your TV is really an awesome feature Big Grin

I was just wondering, if I want to update spotyxbmc, do i just have to compile the last version ? Won't this erase some parameters or something ?
And, with spotyxbmc updates, would I also update xbmc version ? Cause some things are kinda buggy sometimes.

Thanks for your answers

Yes, to update you need to recompile the latest version, and yes, it will also update XBMC to the latest git version from the master branch.

I don't think it will erase your parameters. The settings and library stays.

- jmarcet - 2011-12-04

akezeke found a workaround for the issue: disabling song crossfading.

github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/issues/12