Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-24

@carret I haven't had xbmc crash at boot, but it did crash when I first opened the music library. I guess it takes a while to pull in all of your artists, because now it loads fine.

The problem I'm having now is it won't playback local files, only tracks from Spotify. Does anybody know how to fix this? (Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - NotGrounded - 2012-06-25

Kudos to those that came up with the idea and developed SpotifyXBMC!

I agree with discmeister that only having specific songs and/or albums that have been starred in Spotify show up in your library would be a much better solution.

One thing I also discovered is you can't have smart playlists include any songs from Spotify. Hopefully that gets fixed/added at some point. It would be wonderful to have seamless smart playlists that include content from your local library and Spotify songs.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-06-25

what we need the most is active developers! If you have time, please give it a try Wink
https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-24, 22:41)Balthazar Wrote: @carret I haven't had xbmc crash at boot, but it did crash when I first opened the music library. I guess it takes a while to pull in all of your artists, because now it loads fine.

The problem I'm having now is it won't playback local files, only tracks from Spotify. Does anybody know how to fix this? (Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit)

Wow, nevermind. After playing around with this for awhile I figured out I had two "MyMusic.db" files in my userdata folder. I'm not sure what I did, but the only tracks I couldn't play were no longer on my server but still in one of the databases evidently. I guess that is why they wouldn't play Tongue

I dumped the databases and started from scratch, now everything works fine.

@neoflex, I wish I had the skills to help you and akezeke out. This is a great addition to XBMC. Unfortunately all I can do is offer moral support. So keep up the good work!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - elnino99 - 2012-06-30

Hi guys

I really need some help with an problem that I have. Would first mention that I´m a noob at this, so please keep that in mind Smile

I have this Asrock ion 330 with a clean install of XBMCbuntu which I downloaded a couple of days ago. So far so good. vdpau is enabled so that my 1080p movies run smoothly.
But after following the guide to install spotyxbmc2 (https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/), I´ve seem to have lost this vdpau option, and the cpu is at 100% when playing HD movies. Which is quite annoying to watch btw Confused

Anyone have an idea how I can get this option back?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 08:58)elnino99 Wrote: Hi guys

I really need some help with an problem that I have. Would first mention that I´m a noob at this, so please keep that in mind Smile

I have this Asrock ion 330 with a clean install of XBMCbuntu which I downloaded a couple of days ago. So far so good. vdpau is enabled so that my 1080p movies run smoothly.
But after following the guide to install spotyxbmc2 (https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/), I´ve seem to have lost this vdpau option, and the cpu is at 100% when playing HD movies. Which is quite annoying to watch btw Confused

Anyone have an idea how I can get this option back?

From the readme.linux file:

If you wish to use VDPAU decoding you will now have to change the Render Method
in Settings->Videos->Player from "Auto Detect" to "VDPAU".

Have you done this? If so i think there is an argument you can pass while configuring to include vdpau support. I'll look around and post back, but I have vdpau working on my build by default.

Edit ./configure --enable-vdpau. Like I said though, I don't think it is necessary.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - elnino99 - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 15:27)Balthazar Wrote: From the readme.linux file:

Have you done this? If so i think there is an argument you can pass while configuring to include vdpau support. I'll look around and post back, but I have vdpau working on my build by default.

Edit ./configure --enable-vdpau. Like I said though, I don't think it is necessary.

Thank you for the feedback.

I have allready tried with and without the ./configure --enable-vdpau, but the VDPAU option is not there.
From the fresh XBMCbuntu installation there was a checkbox underneath the rendering method for vdpau, but this also ofcourse now gone.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 18:26)elnino99 Wrote:

I have allready tried with and without the ./configure --enable-vdpau, but the VDPAU option is not there.
From the fresh XBMCbuntu installation there was a checkbox underneath the rendering method for vdpau, but this also ofcourse now gone.

Can you post the steps you are taking to compile? Maybe someone will spot something. Are you pulling from the master branch or from Eden? 32-bit or 64-bit?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-07-01

elnino99, can you post a pastebin of the result of the configure command.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - elnino99 - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 00:03)neoflex Wrote: elnino99, can you post a pastebin of the result of the configure command.

Here you go Smile

http://pastebin.com/8wjQgRxx

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - elnino99 - 2012-07-01

(2012-06-30, 22:25)Balthazar Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 18:26)elnino99 Wrote:

Can you post the steps you are taking to compile? Maybe someone will spot something. Are you pulling from the master branch or from Eden? 32-bit or 64-bit?

I´m pulling from Eden I guess? How would I know?

It´s 32-bit

These are the steps that I do. It´s pretty much a complete copy/paste from https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/
(as mentioned before, I not good at this, so I wouldn´t even know what else to do. hehe)

Code:
$ wget http://developer.spotify.com/download/libspotify/libspotify-10.1.16-Linux-i686-release.tar.gz

Code:
$ tar xzf libspotify-*.tar.gz

Code:
sudo make install prefix=/usr/local

Code:
git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install git-core make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libltdl-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs python-dev libyajl-dev libboost-thread-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev autopoint libtinyxml-dev

Code:
$ ./bootstrap
Code:
$ ./configure --enable-vdpau
Code:
$ make
Code:
$ sudo make install

I´m able to compile without any errors, so Spotify is running nice. Which is awesome btw. The downside is that I somehow lost vdpau, which is not that awesome.

I appreciate the help.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - dodoadoodoo - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 09:13)elnino99 Wrote:
Code:
$ ./bootstrap
Code:
Code:
$ make
Code:
$ sudo make install

I´m able to compile without any errors, so Spotify is running nice. Which is awesome btw. The downside is that I somehow lost vdpau, which is not that awesome.

I appreciate the help.

Looks like you are using the master branch. I'd recommend the Eden branch instead, probably a bit more stable, and hopefully with VDPAU :-). Try the following in your source directory:
Code:
$ make distclean
(Cleanup)
Code:
$ git checkout remotes/origin/Eden
(Switches branch)
Code:
$ ./bootstrap
Code:
Code:
$ make
Code:
$ sudo make install
(like before)

/D

(2012-07-01, 10:29)dodoadoodoo Wrote: Looks like you are using the master branch. I'd recommend the Eden branch instead, probably a bit more stable, and hopefully with VDPAU :-). Try the following in your source directory:
Code:
$ make distclean
(Cleanup)
Code:
$ git checkout remotes/origin/Eden
(Switches branch)
Code:
$ ./bootstrap
Code:
Code:
$ make
Code:
$ sudo make install
(like before)

/D

Yes! Smile That worked!

Awesome.. Thank you so much.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Peligrozo - 2012-07-03

Ugh, this addon looks wonderful but the compiling thing is too much for me to handle. Does anyone happen to have a Windows installer handy? Smile

Running x64 Windows 7, Frodo alpha 2 build.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - MatLCFC - 2012-07-03

(2012-05-14, 18:03)modderhut Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 20:26)henrikyo Wrote: followed the instruction, had a fresh copy of frodo alpha (nightly) installed.

Did the install. got an error message when double clicking the new exe files, saying xbmc needs to close.

so i never got to the splash screen

Sry to hear that. I have compiled a full installer; http://hotfile.com/dl/155807063/ae17048/...x.rar.html

If you want give it a try please let me know the result.

good luck!

I have finally manged to compile my own installer.

Only problem. This works fine with the skin MQ3 but with MQ4 most of the text disappears (below).

I don't want to resort to any other Spotify add-on. This one is by far the best. What causes this, Is there anyway to get round it?