Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) (/showthread.php?tid=67110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Popeye - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 14:12)takoi Wrote: Btw. you do not need frodo to play HLS streams. You only need that for playing the master m3u8 directly.

So, we need frodo for it's m3u8 support and not HLS, ok? Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - takoi - 2012-11-16

No, but for the master playlist. The master playlist (.m3u8) consists of multiple streams (which are also m3u8 playlists, but of ts segments) i.e you can play m3u8 playlists that contain the actual data in pre-frodo.

I'm sure I told some swedish dude working on the svt plugin this. All you need to do is get the stream url from the master playlist. Even better, since (correct me if Im wrong) svt is using akamai, you can just replace master.m3u8 in the url with index_x.m3u8 where x is a number denoting the quality. This is what I do in the nrk plugin. nrk which is also using akamai as cdn.

It is possible to make it work in pre-frodo, you just need get somebody to do this simple programming...

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Popeye - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 14:46)takoi Wrote: No, but for the master playlist. The master playlist (.m3u8) consists of multiple streams (which are also m3u8 playlists, but of ts segments) i.e you can play m3u8 playlists that contain the actual data in pre-frodo.

I'm sure I told some swedish dude working on the svt plugin this. All you need to do is get the stream url from the master playlist. Even better, since (correct me if Im wrong) svt is using akamai, you can just replace master.m3u8 in the url with index_x.m3u8 where x is a number denoting the quality. This is what I do in the nrk plugin. nrk which is also using akamai as cdn.

It is possible to make it work in pre-frodo, you just need get somebody to do this simple programming...

Aha! Thanks for the info. This seems quite simple ... https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-svtplay/blob/frodo/default.py#L389

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Popeye - 2012-11-20

Well, I can get it to work for everything that is not encrypted. Guess there has to be a newer version of ffmpeg...

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Popeye - 2012-11-21

I realized I'm running openelec 2.0.0 on my htpc and that it might have a never version of ffmpeg so I hacked a bit in the frodo version of svtplay and got things working.
Then change is minimal and I'm using the ATV2 hlsStrip method to strip away all but the last (highest quality) stream from the m3u8 files.
Note, this is only for openelec 2.0.0 plugin.video.svtplay-2.1.3.zip (Updated from 2.1.1)
And here is the source

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Novin - 2012-11-22

Hello

Successfully used this script yesterday on Frodo Beta 1 (plugin version 3.0.0) but today it doesn't work. I have since restarted XBMC but I can't think of anything else.

I get this error in xbmc.log when I try to start something:

23:08:34 T:3026180928 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:08:34 T:3026180928 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
23:08:34 T:3026180928 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:08:35 T:3026180928 NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.3.0
23:08:35 T:3026180928 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/thnov/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py", line 522, in <module>
startVideo(url)
File "/home/thnov/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py", line 361, in startVideo
jsonString = common.parseDOM(html, "param", attrs = { "name": "flashvars" }, ret = "value")[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
23:08:35 T:3077375808 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.svtplay/?url=%2Fvideo%2F596507%2F21-11-21-45%3Ftype%3Dembed&mode=video]
23:08:35 T:3026180928 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Full log here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1375899/

Should I file a bug?

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - CosyCat - 2012-11-22

same problem for me today.

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Daniel Malmgren - 2012-11-22

Darn. I was so happy. Are SVT doing this to us on purpose?

/Daniel

Re: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Novin - 2012-11-22

In the meantime, XOT-UZG works.

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Popeye - 2012-11-23

The problem is not SVT it's something wrong with the commonFunctions that cant handle a url properly. It cuts of the "url" parameter from "plugin://plugin.video.svtplay/?url=%2Fvideo%2F585441%2F18-11-08-25%3Ftype%3Dembed&mode=video&page=1". after "type" resulting in url = "/video/585441/18-11-08-25/type" and not url = "/video/585441/18-11-08-25/type=embed" as it should be....

I did this fix at the bottom of the default.py

PHP Code:
def get_parameters(parameterString):

commands = {}

splitCommands parameterString[parameterString.find('?')+1:].split('&')
    for 
command in splitCommands
        if (
len(command) > 0):

splitCommand command.split('=')

name splitCommand[0]

value splitCommand[1]

commands[name] = value  

return commands

#params = common.getParameters(sys.argv[2])
params get_parameters(sys.argv[2]) 

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Daniel Malmgren - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-23, 00:02)Popeye Wrote: The problem is not SVT it's something wrong with the commonFunctions that cant handle a url properly.

You seem to be right. Looking it this forum it seems almost all video plugins stopped working at the same time Wink

Anyway, your fix doesn't do any difference to me, I still get the same error.

/Daniel

Sv: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Popeye - 2012-11-23

If you use the latest svtplay commits on the Frodo branch things worked 16hours ago when i fiddled with the openelec 2.0 backport.

Without some debug log its hard to say why my fix didn't help you :-D

RE: Sv: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Daniel Malmgren - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-23, 21:15)Popeye Wrote: Without some debug log its hard to say why my fix didn't help you :-D

I got the exact same error as Novin above. Hovewer when I tried to reproduce the error now I can't. Because now everything works. Starting to think I might have altered the file py file while it was already open in xbmc and so the changes didn't get through.

Anyway, thanks a lot! Everything working now!

/Daniel

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - andersmh - 2012-12-01

I am running XBMC 12.0 Beta 1 on a Mac Mini OSx.Today I noticed that some of the content is not played ok via the SVT plugin. The audio is ok but the video is not smooth. Examples are På spåret part 2 (part 1 is ok) and Historieätarna part 2. The later one was ok a few days ago. If I run it from the web on Safari it works just fine. I have restarted the system but that did not help. Any sugestions?

RE: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV) - Berndt - 2012-12-01

I tried posting at a different thread but havent gotten any replies so im trying here.

Hello!

Im new here and have a question about the Svt Play plugin for xbmc.

First i want to say that i have searched for this issue but havent managed to find any anwers so im posting here.

So, the plug in for svt play stoped working a long time ago for me on my apple tv2, i was using the " eden " version,, the other day i found out that there was a beta version out " frodo " so i tried installing that on my laptop which is running linux, i installed the svt play pug in and voila! it worked! so, all happy i decided to install Frodo on my apple tv too, and svt play dont work there,, it loads the categories, and i see the " preview " for each program but when i click on a program i want to watch it starts to load and then it stops and the popup comes up that says something about a script error.

I just now installed Frodo on my windows 7 pc and svt play works just fine there too!

So,, any ideas why it wont work on my apple tv2?

Thanks.