Kodi Community Forum
HQ OpenGL HW (GPU) upscalers from Bobo1on1? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: HQ OpenGL HW (GPU) upscalers from Bobo1on1? (/showthread.php?tid=67486)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- finite3 - 2010-01-25

I seem to have resolved the problem by doing the following:
  • Set GPU clock speed to auto in BIOS. (It was hard-set to max values before)
  • Overclock CPU to 2 GHz (from 1.6)
  • Change xorg.conf to version with explicit modelines.
One or more of them did the trick. I have now set audio sync back to 0 offset.
And scaling mode to auto (rather than hard-setting it to lancosz 3 optimised for testing).
I might roll xorg back to an edid version, since otherwise 720p TV rips play at 1080i on my TV.

[alanwww1 - yes, ram is in dual channel mode by default.]

- alanwww1 - 2010-01-25

finite3 Wrote:I seem to have resolved the problem by doing the following:
  • Set GPU clock speed to auto in BIOS. (It was hard-set to max values before)
  • Overclock CPU to 2 GHz (from 1.6)
  • Change xorg.conf to version with explicit modelines.
One or more of them did the trick. I have now set audio sync back to 0 offset.
And scaling mode to auto (rather than hard-setting it to lancosz 3 optimised for testing).
I might roll xorg back to an edid version, since otherwise 720p TV rips play at 1080i on my TV.

[alanwww1 - yes, ram is in dual channel mode by default.]

I think xorg did the trick. For me it was the only way i got perfect smooth playback.

- gabbott - 2010-01-31

Hrm, I'm thinking my revo 1600 single core isnt going to cut it for this. Using the Pause method to check framerate only get about 20 fps with lancosz 3 optimised. Have 2 gigs of ram installed and GPU set to 512meg.

- bodhidarma - 2010-01-31

alanwww1, thanks your description about the compiling method and the diff file for activating the opengl hardware scaling in the camelot. It worked fine for me after the compiling.

I wanted to send you a private message about a different thing but your message store is full now.
Can you make me a little space for my message? Smile

- alanwww1 - 2010-01-31

gabbott Wrote:Hrm, I'm thinking my revo 1600 single core isnt going to cut it for this. Using the Pause method to check framerate only get about 20 fps with lancosz 3 optimised. Have 2 gigs of ram installed and GPU set to 512meg.

It is not your CPU what is important. It is you GPU and from that side i think the revo has a an nvidia 9400 integrated. I just tested a Zotac ION board working 100% fine with Lanczos 3 optimized.

- gabbott - 2010-01-31

alanwww1 Wrote:It is not your CPU what is important. It is you GPU and from that side i think the revo has a an nvidia 9400 integrated. I just tested a Zotac ION board working 100% fine with Lanczos 3 optimized.

Well the revo has an Nvidia ION LE chip which supposedly is identical to the 9400M except for support for dx10. That being the case, maybe possible to get it working then.

- bodhidarma - 2010-02-02

alanwww1, did you got my private message? I am not sure in that because your message store is full again.

- athloni - 2010-02-05

Does this work in combination with the new DXVA rederer?

- dinozzo - 2010-03-23

Hi, im trying to compile the camelot svn of xbmc with the upscalers patch as shown on the first page of this thread but I cannot get it to compile at all. I have added "ppa:team-xbmc/ppa" to my apt sources followed by sudo apt-get update and finally sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc to get the required libraries as shown in the README.ubuntu file. However, when using ./configure --prefix=/usr it fails with the error:-

checking for main in -lGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

I have tried this with the 195 and 190 nvidia drivers but still cant get it to work. I have searched but cannot find a solution and have come here as a last resort. All I want is decent standard definition content on my telly instead of the blocky, blurry mess im getting at the moment! Can anyone help?

- bobo1on1 - 2010-03-23

You don't have an opengl library on your system.

- dinozzo - 2010-03-23

Sorry for my ignorance but how can i get that on my system? Ive been searching the forums and found "sudo apt-get install python-opengl" and "python-gtkglexit1" because apparently when it installs it will also install opengl if it is not already present because it is a dependency, but still have the same problem. I used the xbmc installer script found here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69753 to install the nvidia drivers could this be the problem? Thanks for the help bobo1on1.

- bobo1on1 - 2010-03-23

The nvidia drivers provide libgl.

- Kali - 2010-03-23

check simlink

ls -la /usr/lib/libGL.so

- dinozzo - 2010-03-23

Hi Kali, I typed that command and it returned this:

root@ubuntu:~# ls -la /usr/lib/libGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 2010-03-04 09:20 /usr/lib/libGL.so -> /usr/lib/libGL.so.195.36.03
root@ubuntu:~#

hmm, in /usr/lib/ there is a libGL.so.1 file but no libGL.so file afaik

I just tried removing and installing the nvidia drivers using envy and the problem remains Sad

- Kali - 2010-03-23

195.36.03 correct?
post the output of
ls -la /usr/lib/libGL.so*