Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- Superorb - 2011-01-19

^^ Are you running a video card on your HTPC or just the i3 GPU?

- jbcain - 2011-01-19

no discrete card. haven't found a need for it yet. my video and audio are silky smooth. I've heard the 23.xxx vs 24 argument and i just don't see it and neither have the few people i've asked to look for it. I'm patiently waiting for bitstreaming now Smile

- Superorb - 2011-01-19

jbcain Wrote:no discrete card. haven't found a need for it yet. my video and audio are silky smooth. I've heard the 23.xxx vs 24 argument and i just don't see it and neither have the few people i've asked to look for it. I'm patiently waiting for bitstreaming now Smile
How about 1080p, does the i3 do that ok too?

- jbcain - 2011-01-19

absolutely. i never see more than 30% of cpu use during a 1080p dts playback. it normally hovers in the 22% range

- Superorb - 2011-01-19

jbcain Wrote:absolutely. i never see more than 30% of cpu use during a 1080p dts playback. it normally hovers in the 22% range
Good to know, thanks for the info Smile

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-21

jbcain Wrote:long time lurker, figured I'd share what i've been able to accomplish because of this great community (software aspect)

Samsung 3d-Plasma pn58c8000
Samsung 3d-BluRay Player bd-c6900
Pioneer Elite VSX-32
Klipsch cdt-5800-c (x5)
MK Xenon SB-12 Subwoofer
URC mx900 + mrf350

HTPC:
Silverstone LC13-e
Asus P7H55-M PRO
Intel Core i3-540
Corsair 2x2gb
4x 1tb Seagate 7200rpm
BluRay ODD
Hd HomeRun
XBMC & WMC
Logitech diNovo mini
APC Back UPS bx1300g

love the seamlesness of the mount.... jealous about that one..... looks clean

- Superorb - 2011-01-21

The TV isn't level with the wall trim Wink

My TV isn't level with the center channel speaker shelf and the shelf is 180 degrees level. Stupid TV base.

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-21

Superorb Wrote:The TV isn't level with the wall trim Wink
damn just noticed.... bummer.. is that due to alot of "tourqing" of those movable mounts with huge tvs. someone told me even with huge screws/washer/bolts in the studs those movable mounts with narrow wall side foots can slip just a mm witch throws it off way more when translated to the large tvs angle.

thinking about remounting the tv with one of those mounts .. but if people moving it all the time can throw it off... ill reconsider... still badass tho...Big Grin

- Superorb - 2011-01-21

ryan03rr Wrote:damn just noticed.... bummer.. is that due to alot of "tourqing" of those movable mounts with huge tvs. someone told me even with huge screws/washer/bolts in the studs those movable mounts with narrow wall side foots can slip just a mm witch throws it off way more when translated to the large tvs angle.

thinking about remounting the tv with one of those mounts .. but if people moving it all the time can throw it off... ill reconsider... still badass tho...Big Grin
You should be able to rotate it a bit to correct for slight crookedness.

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-21

Superorb Wrote:You should be able to rotate it a bit to correct for slight crookedness.

thats if the mount rotates at the neck. if it doesnt..id assume you need to yank it off the wall.
if it rotates behind the tv... that seems alittle........ strange... for a 4x-6x+ tv
oh well....
anyway content......found this picture in pc....
as always more comin soon... havent taken pics in a bit... stuffs changed alittle

- Superorb - 2011-01-21

^^ Looks cool, I like the lamps beside the TV.

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-21

Superorb Wrote:^^ Looks cool, I like the lamps beside the TV.

there on a ir controller so the can dim.. dont wanna overpower the tv... btw...IKEA... 9.99 lol

- Superorb - 2011-01-21

ryan03rr Wrote:there on a ir controller so the can dim.. dont wanna overpower the tv... btw...IKEA... 9.99 lol
I love IKEA, too bad the closest one is 3 hours away. Luckily, when we move to Denver we'll have one in the city FINALLY.

- Uuaww - 2011-01-25

So I was in awe at some of setups here and thought to myself... How can I make anyone jealous with my setup? Than I remembered...

That's right, look at the top right corner, I know you're jealous haha.

Oh and I find it a bit ironic that I use the skin "Alaska"

- ppic - 2011-01-25

i'm sure i'm not jalous about your camera !