Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

... - finish.06 - 2011-02-22

O no!!! We gotta keep this threat hot! This is my favorite thread!! I get lots of ideas and wow, pictures are just so great (worth 1000 words... remember?) I can stare @ all the photos for hours when I should be productive, and I really love the break! So please, everyone, keep posting amazing pictures!!! I will post some too, promise, but I am not near my home in IL @ the moment... Sad

Thanks!

- Krazypoloc - 2011-02-22

I will have to take some pictures when I get home.....just got moved into the new place and all setup now.

Here are some pics of the old house and old theater.

Those are all before I went BACK to XBMC and had Popcorn Hour Devices running YAMJ. Smile

The new setup is much sexier!

- prophetizer - 2011-02-22

Krazypoloc Wrote:I will have to take some pictures when I get home.....just got moved into the new place and all setup now.

Here are some pics of the old house and old theater.

Those are all before I went BACK to XBMC and had Popcorn Hour Devices running YAMJ. Smile

The new setup is much sexier!

OH MAN i'm so over popcorn hour and their buggy crap. i have an A-110 and a C-200, i hate them, never again

- Krazypoloc - 2011-02-22

prophetizer Wrote:OH MAN i'm so over popcorn hour and their buggy crap. i have an A-110 and a C-200, i hate them, never again

Yup I'm right there with ya buddy. I had my C-200 for a year and the motherboard failed and was replaced 3 times. Luckily enough for my I was able to get $175 for it right after it fell out of the warranty period. I have been a 200 series Beta tester for a while and they are just total crap.

- prophetizer - 2011-02-22

i got mine in december, i was hesitant after all the MKV issues and whatnot with the A-110, but i figured they must of fixed that. well sure they fixed that but many other issues, i even put in a BDRom which i thought worked great, but u can't play disney movies, really? LOL. i'm done with them, XBMC is fantastic, and now that i can put it on an Apple TV 2 and have a central database, i mean it's a no brainer, much cheaper than PCH and much more reliable, customizable, and way cooler

- Waveknight - 2011-02-24

Long time lurker, first time poster Smile

Currently running two XBMC set-ups, both on Xboxes until I can afford to swap them out with Revos or build myself a decent HTPC. Below is the one in my room, other is downstairs on the main TV.

On the left speaker:
Tenda Router in wireless bridge mode
Xbox 360

Centre:
LG 37" full HD LCD
Soft-modded original Xbox running XBMC
Denon DCD-560 CD-player
Denon DRA-325R amp
Celestion Ditton speakers

Right speaker:
Emprex "P2P Downloader" running as a cheap NAS (£8, deal of the century), with a 1TB WD USB hard drive attached

On the extreme right is the cat5e cable disappearing through the wall to the other TV downstairs, also running off the NAS up here.

- Superorb - 2011-02-24

^^ Are those speakers both Right or both Left? That would drive me nuts!

- Waveknight - 2011-02-24

I think quite a lot of Celestion sets are asymmetrical. Huh

I've got the cloth covers for them somewhere so that they'd look the same, but I prefer them off Smile

- Superorb - 2011-02-24

Waveknight Wrote:I think quite a lot of Celestion sets are asymmetrical. Huh

I've got the cloth covers for them somewhere so that they'd look the same, but I prefer them off Smile
That's one way to lower production costs.

- Thurbs - 2011-02-24

yes,
The asymmetrical speakers would lead me to get a bad case of the crazies.
Seriously how difficult would it be to flip the board that hold the speakers around 180 degrees?

- prophetizer - 2011-02-24

Superorb Wrote:Actually, try putting the sub on the left side of the room, maybe with 6-12" from each wall in the corner (vary the distance to the walls to get the best sound). This worked for me.

best thing to do is put the sub where u sit mostly, then crawl around the room until u find a spot where it sounds best, then put the sub there

- thethirdnut - 2011-02-24

prophetizer Wrote:best thing to do is put the sub where u sit mostly, then crawl around the room until u find a spot where it sounds best, then put the sub there

I know, but easier said than done with a 67 lb sub that is supposed to be balanced at 4 feet. There's also the practical part where I can't place it anywhere either; needs to be a practical spot.

- TheDuffMan - 2011-02-24

prophetizer Wrote:best thing to do is put the sub where u sit mostly, then crawl around the room until u find a spot where it sounds best, then put the sub there

+1, great suggestion, the good old "sub crawl". http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/speaker-setup-guidelines/crawling-for-bass-subwoofer-placement

- Superorb - 2011-02-24

I've never heard about this, but it does make sense. So you just put the sub ON the couch? On a plank of wood or just plopped in regular sitting position?

- thethirdnut - 2011-02-24

Yes. You put the sub in the primary listening position - same 4' height or so too if possible - and then crawl around baseboards of the room. Where you hear the best bass is where you then put the sub.

Reverse engineering. ;-)