Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- RenZ0R - 2010-10-18

2002whitegt Wrote:Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I'm excited about the showing off some XBMC goodness!

Upstairs game room:
Asrock Ion 330
56" 1080p DLP

What theme is that ?

- 2002whitegt - 2010-10-18

RenZ0R Wrote:What theme is that ?

It's my newest favorite skin, ReFocus.

I love the simplicity of it, here's the forum page for it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=72

- azaze1 - 2010-10-19

My Home Theater

HTPC Case: Moneual 312
CPU: Core i3 530
VID: ATI/AMD 5450 (low profile)
Remote: Gyration Air Music Remote
Storage: 4x2TB Raid5 via Gigabit on remote server
XBMC: Dharma Beta 3
-
TV: Sony KDL-52XBR4
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH
Audio: 7.1 surround
Speakers: Paradigm Studio 100 main (piano black), CC690 center, Sub12, Millenia ADP side&rear

- Nahaz - 2010-10-20

New appartment, new setup.
Here are some google sketchup sketches on how it will look when done.
The idea is to be able to transform the living room into a batcave for movie time.
The drapes also work as absorbers to minimize the reverb/echoes in the room.
I will also build 2 large absorbers on the sides and 3 bass absorbers to handle the problematic acoustic in this room shaped as a piece of cake.

- wbread99 - 2010-10-23

I've got 2 setups in the same room. Used to be setup (TV) in the living room, and the movie screen in the basement. The military sent me overseas so they're both in the same room for the duration of my assignment here.

the TV. Gateway laptop. Sony 5.1 receiver with bose speakers

the 120" screen. Toshiba laptop. Yamaha 7.1 receiver with bose speakers.

Media comes from a 4 TB NAS server in a different room. I'm using a powerline connection between the router and the laptops to keep the wireless free for internet surfing.

- khalid7412002 - 2010-11-02

here is my main set up
TV: 60 inch LG Plasma Model 60PS11
PS3: 250 GB
XBox 360 Slim: 250GB
Wii
Receiver: Denon 2308CI
Surround System: Bose Acustimass 6 Series 3 (yea i know it blows, but i got a great deal on it)
HTPC:
Case: nMEDIAPC, model:6000B
Amd Sempron 145 2.8GHz, 6 Tb storage, 2 GIG Ram, ATI HD 5470, samsung blu-ray combo drive,
All controlled via Harmony 900 remote with the MCE IR receiver for the HTPC
i haven't gotten around to hiding the wires

Close up of the Bell'o AV stand

Close up of the HTPC. the Bottom lip opens to reveal ubs,, esata, card readers, etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- Linus82 - 2010-11-02

http://www.minhembio.com/linus82

There is mine, 50 inch g20 Panasonic, Pioneer reciever, HTPC in a Sonata Case :'(.
Every time im buying a new case i buy a new harddrive instead.

- Superorb - 2010-11-02

^^ Looks great. But, either your TV or CD stand is crooked Wink I have the same problem with my TV, the floor isn't level so when I built the center speaker shelf it looks crooked.

- NotShorty - 2010-11-02

Linus82 Wrote:http://www.minhembio.com/linus82

There is mine, 50 inch g20 Panasonic, Pioneer reciever, HTPC in a Sonata Case :'(.
Every time im buying a new case i buy a new harddrive instead.

Classy. The vase and candles on your coffee table are pretty phallic though. Just saying... Rofl

- ppic - 2010-11-02

lol, nice touch !

- Linus82 - 2010-11-03

NotShorty Wrote:Classy. The vase and candles on your coffee table are pretty phallic though. Just saying... Rofl

No shit Laugh wife insist, so to keep the family peace i let her have em there.
Quite annoying tough.

- wbread99 - 2010-11-13

khalid7412002 Wrote:here is my main set up
TV: 60 inch LG Plasma Model 60PS11
PS3: 250 GB
XBox 360 Slim: 250GB
Wii
Receiver: Denon 2308CI
Surround System: Bose Acustimass 6 Series 3 (yea i know it blows, but i got a great deal on it)
HTPC:
Case: nMEDIAPC, model:6000B
Amd Sempron 145 2.8GHz, 6 Tb storage, 2 GIG Ram, ATI HD 5470, samsung blu-ray combo drive,
All controlled via Harmony 900 remote with the MCE IR receiver for the HTPC
i haven't gotten around to hiding the wires

Close up of the Bell'o AV stand

Close up of the HTPC. the Bottom lip opens to reveal ubs,, esata, card readers, etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Am waiting for the Bose flames to come in. LOL! I love em, but everybody has an opinion.

My Setup - Darkfall - 2010-11-14

I have the following (takes a deep breath):

HTPC Boxes
- 5 boxes total (upstairs and downstairs bathrooms, upstairs and downstairs living rooms, and master bedroom)
- Mini-Box M350 chassis
- Zotac ION Motherboard
- 2Gb RAM
- Kingston 30Gb SSD
- Running XBMC 9.11 Live installed to SSD with a couple of little tweaks to the RSS feed (local news feed)

Media Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Virtual Machine running on VMWare ESX 4.1 host, along with a few other virtual machines)
- 3TB of usable storage via 4-drive RAID5 array
- Supermicro dual XEON quad-core XEON motherboard
- 12Gb RAM
- 4 x Western Digital RE3 1Tb Enterprise Drives in hot-swap bays
- Areca ARC-1212 PCI-Express RAID adapter

Everything is connected via a 24-Port HP ProCurve managed switch in the garage. The bathroom HTPC boxes are both connected to 24" Dell UltraSharp LCDs, the bedroom HTPC is connected to a 23.5" Dell UltraSharp LCD (on a massive monitor arm, so the display sits right over my face when I lay in bed, but can be moved out of the way with just a gentle push), the upstairs living room is connected to a Sharp 52" LCD, and downstairs living room uses a 50" Panasonic 50" plasma.

In the bathrooms, I Adesso waterproof USB number pads with the keys all mapped to various functions on the XBMC boxes they're connected to (the boxes actually live in the master bedroom closet, with cables going through the walls and floor from the bathrooms). The Dell 24" displays are in custom enclosures behind the tile, with a thick, tempered, sealed glass front. There are 8" roof speakers in each bathroom for audio, and a headphone jack in the wall beside each bathtub (the jack is wired to a relay that switches the audio to the jack from the speakers when the headphones plug in).

In the living room, the HTPC box is connected to a Yamaha amp for audio, with 3 pairs of speakers (1 floor standing pair, and 2 ceiling mounted pair - one in the living room, and the other in the kitchen behind the living room. Good for parties to get the music spread around without having the blast it out of one room). I also have speakers on the deck connected to the whole mess - all of the speakers connect through an 8-channel balanced speaker switch with volume controls for each set of speakers. Everything is controlled by a Logitech Harmon 890 remote with the RF adapter (so I can change music without worrying about line of sight).

I went a little nuts - but I'm happy with it all. Everything works great!

I don't have photos on hand, but I could take some if people want to see stuff - just let me know what you want to see in the pictures, and I'll snap a few shots.

...Paul

- Superorb - 2010-11-14

^^ Yeah, I think photos are required in your case Wink

Bathroom setups are pretty moot for me since I want to get in/out to get back to what I was watching on the big screen. Do you have everything run from a single database so you can leave 1 room and pick up where you left off in another room? Pretty elaborate.

- dopus - 2010-11-14

my setups:

Living room:

Panasonic tx-p46g20 plasma tv with thx mode.
Onkyo Sr608 sorround receiver
Point of view minilaptop with intel atom and nvidia ion (hdmi out)2 gig ram
running dual boot linux and windows with the latest xbmc for both os.
Xbox 1 with XBMC (over 5 years of showing movies ant tv episodes....great box...misses its simplicity
Xbox 360
Dreambox 500s sat tuner (linux)
LG bdp 550 blue ray player
dynaudio center speaker
B&W 602 dual wired front speakers with upgraded components
audio pro 12" active sub
audio pro rear speakers
5 port network switch (to small...ned 8 ports)

mediaserver/main computer:

asus p5k delux
core 2 duo q8200 2.4Hhz quadcore
4 gig reaper 1066 ddr2 Ram
4 Terra bytes of storrage
dual screen setup 2x samsung xl2370 LED
Ati 4890