Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- moviebuff - 2010-03-27

Nope still only 1/4 of the screen, so wierd have no idea runs great in that little square in the top left lol

- elupus - 2010-03-28

I've finally tracked down a way to work around why multislice files didn't work, so that has been added to svn. This issue showed itself as bottom part of video missing or corrupt..

The 1/4 of screen issue i've never come across, so that will be hard to fix. Is it a scaled down image or is it cropped to that size?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-28

I havent had the 1/4 screen issue either but maybe someone should screenshot the man here? Smile

Elupus, does your multislice find fix any apple trailers or raw bluray m2ts files?

- furii - 2010-03-28

just did a quick build and itunes files play flawlessly for me now. cheers elupus Smile

- nekrosoft13 - 2010-03-28

elupus Wrote:I've finally tracked down a way to work around why multislice files didn't work, so that has been added to svn. This issue showed itself as bottom part of video missing or corrupt..

The 1/4 of screen issue i've never come across, so that will be hard to fix. Is it a scaled down image or is it cropped to that size?

great looking forward to the fix,

speaking of 1/4 screen, couldn't that simply be screen calibration issue? where screen needs to be set correctly to the size of display?

- Dannydeman - 2010-03-28

Very nice that the only problem I had is fixed Smile I guess the SVN is still not stable enough for main-use? So, can I just replace some files to get this updated DXVA ? And if yes, what files Smile

- elupus - 2010-03-28

Sadly no you can't replace any files. Our blocked builds are getting abit silly.. but yea it's still quite buggy scraper/plugin wise

- moviebuff - 2010-03-28

Ill get a screenshot of it, sizing doesnt do anything nor does zoom it just does it inside the 1/4 square. It isnt cropped just scaled down so youre seeing everything inside the square.

- Rand Al Thor - 2010-03-28

Hey Elupus. I see that you have recently updated the FFmpeg version in this branch. Is there any chance you could show the "auto adjust refresh rate" issue some love Wink

I know you had said that the new version of FFmpeg would probably solve a lot of the current issues. I tried an svn version after the update and it still exhibited the same behavior, ie sound and a black screen for a couple of seconds, then a crash.

Cheers,
Rand

- jsnkid - 2010-03-28

I've actually had the same problem as moviebuff.... On most of my m2ts files, there is the lower quarter missing and right above the missing part it is distorted. It's actually been a while now, while waiting for new builds... but i'm glad to know i am not the only one.

- moviebuff - 2010-03-28

One thing I just noticed is it only does the 1/4 screen on my mkv files, it doesnt on my iso's. Unfortunate thing is most of my files are mkv.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-28

jsnkid Wrote:I've actually had the same problem as moviebuff.... On most of my m2ts files, there is the lower quarter missing and right above the missing part it is distorted. It's actually been a while now, while waiting for new builds... but i'm glad to know i am not the only one.

Your issue is different from moviebuffs. Your issue is common and known about since day one (see the changeset in the first post). His has the full picture scaled to the upper corner. His, from what it sounds like, is not distorted or cut off.

It's pretty exciting that this is progressing fairly well. Thanks for the time and effort elupus.

- jsnkid - 2010-03-28

O, thanks for updating me slaveunit! Any ETA on a fix for my type of issue tho?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-28

jsnkid Wrote:O, thanks for updating me slaveunit! Any ETA on a fix for my type of issue tho?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

elupus Wrote:I've finally tracked down a way to work around why multislice files didn't work, so that has been added to svn. This issue showed itself as bottom part of video missing or corrupt..

This may be your fix jnskid. But it might be a bit of time before you actually see it since the main trunk is such a mess at the moment. That is, unless you compile one yourself.

- moviebuff - 2010-03-28

Ya mine isnt distorted or anything just shrunk into the upper left corner thought maybe driver update would fix but didnt. Unusual how it is only on the mkv file format though. On my other computer in this xbmc build the same mkvs are fine, unfortunatly this my main computer , got the acer 3600 with ion for the tv. Wonder if i copied the xbmc folder and ffdshow files over to the other computer guess it cant hurt to try nothing to lose.