Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- nathanblgos - 2010-06-03

elupus Wrote:For those of you that seem to exhibit juddering on ATI. It could be worth upgrading your drivers. I've heard they made some fixes there.

I have the latest drivers however I think I have a faulty card, with the latest drivers on a 3450 card everything is working fine 100%. However on my newer card a 5450 the video and sound break randomly after watching it prefectly for 20-60 minutes, it seems like it is changing the refresh rate and then just dies, this also happens on mpc-hc Sad. However I don't know how I am going to explain to a computer shop to get a refund.

- elupus - 2010-06-03

nathanblgos:
Make sure you don't have "Adjust refreshrate to match video", it's know to be abit unreliable with dxva.

- nekrosoft13 - 2010-06-03

elupus Wrote:For those of you that seem to exhibit juddering on ATI. It could be worth upgrading your drivers. I've heard they made some fixes there.

best fix for ati issues, is simply to sell it and buy nvidia card.

i made the switch and all issues with dxva went away, i still test xbmc on my secondary PC with 890GX chipset (4290 radeon) and it still freezes at end of h264 playback, some videos still have the green screen problem, and from time to time the video playback slows down and then speeds up.

new drivers didn't help.

- nekrosoft13 - 2010-06-03

dondre Wrote:For those who are using SSHCS unofficial compilations never forget that you never know what's in it and that the XBMC developers kindly asked them to stop them to not confuse ppl even more, nevertheless after SVN303xx I saw that the code has been cleaned up more and more, my own builds are showing a huge difference in size, now it only weights 33MB or so (I know that PM3HD has been taken out of the kit but still),

Rofl

i'm glad that at least one person compiles builds and puts them on the web. I know they can be buggy, but at least i can follow the progress see how things are evolving.

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-06-03

elupus Wrote:nathanblgos:
Make sure you don't have "Adjust refreshrate to match video", it's know to be abit unreliable with dxva.

As elupus says, its the "Adjust refreshrate to match video" & the "Real Fullscreen" that causes the main issues with ATI cards.

I have a HD5450 and using svn30260 the DXVA works perfectly (with CCC 10.5 & "Fake Fullscreen")

But when enabling "Adjust refreshrate to match video", it slows the video down to about 10fps instead of the 24fps that it should be.

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-03

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Wow... I hadn't heard that one before but i can happily tell you that by changing my Win7 theme from Aero to Basic, DXVA functions perfectly on my HD5450.

I have the following setup working:-
  • svn30260
  • DXVA Enabled
  • Auto Adjust Refresh rate
  • A/V Sync (drop/dup audio)
  • Fake Fullscreen Mode
  • vsync always on in CCC v10.5 but "always off" in XBMC

This is a great workaround for now but would great to see a fix for the issue. Please see my log files posted above for any clues.

Thanks for pointing this out SlaveUnit Big Grin
Lister - I tought you had this working with 'Adjust Refresh Rate' activiated - are you now saying that isn't the case?

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-06-03

steelman1991 Wrote:Lister - I tought you had this working with 'Adjust Refresh Rate' activiated - are you now saying that isn't the case?

Hey Steel,

It works intermitantly. It seems fine with 24fps content but then it won't play any 25fps content properly (major screen tearing)

I have stopped trying to get it working for the time being cause its doing my head in. And i like the Aero desktop too so disabling it was a big sacrifice.

I didn't post anything here because i felt i was getting annoying with all my questions Big Grin

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Hey Steel,

It works intermitantly. It seems fine with 24fps content but then it won't play any 25fps content properly (major screen tearing)

I have stopped trying to get it working for the time being cause its doing my head in. And i like the Aero desktop too so disabling it was a big sacrifice.

I didn't post anything here because i felt i was getting annoying with all my questions Big Grin
Don't feel like that - particularly in a situation where success has been reported. To know that may not be the case and that there are actually problems, is equally important, to the devs if no-one else.

- Handa - 2010-06-03

Is Intel support being worked on for this?

- elupus - 2010-06-03

At the moment no. Needs somebody with intel hw to look at. Intel moorstown/poulsbo may start working when they release their new drivers soonish. The other chipsets should just work if they could be damn to follow the damn specifications for DXVA. ..

- Handa - 2010-06-03

Okay, hope someone can get it working. Thanks for the info.

- dondre - 2010-06-03

nekrosoft13 Wrote:i'm glad that at least one person compiles builds and puts them on the web. I know they can be buggy, but at least i can follow the progress see how things are evolving.

So am I for you, yet a user with such profile (follow the progress) has the ability to compile his own allowing him to ensure that nothing else is in the build...

My remark wasn't against SSHCS and his "great" (read workload) job, just warning the users... and I ain't talking about SVN bugs but to ensure the build authenticity (anybody said checksum?)
Wink

- Buckster - 2010-06-03

dondre - you saying that unless we compile ourself (which isn't possible for most) - trying SVNs is dodgey as who knows what spyware or anyother software is embedded ?

or are you just saying the builds may not be perfect enough for people to comment on bugs etc ?

I personally found the latest SVNs the best build so far - for PQ and smoothness of video motion

anyone know when next official beta is ? one that will include some support of DXVA2 ?

Buckster Wrote:dondre - you saying that unless we compile ourself (which isn't possible for most) - trying SVNs is dodgey as who knows what spyware or anyother software is embedded ?

or are you just saying the builds may not be perfect enough for people to comment on bugs etc ?

I personally found the latest SVNs the best build so far - for PQ and smoothness of video motion

anyone know when next official beta is ? one that will include some support of DXVA2 ?
No mate Dondre's being just well..............Dondre. Most users will be aware of the delicate nature of the builds. However it doesn't do any harm at certain times to affirm the situation.

The builds are not perfect and certainly shouldn't be attracting official TRAC bug reports - the devs know they are broken. By and large they are fine to use.

- dondre - 2010-06-03

steelman1991 Wrote:No mate Dondre's being just well..............Dondre.

Thank god I'm myself! Wink Still................the "D" is lower case Big Grin