Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-10-27

Domina Wrote:Hi Malte, in the case of PageControl / wraplist, a temporary solution would be to remove or hide the bar?
To access it a command "down arrow" for exemple

I noticed that if I modify "wraplist" to "list" in the xml skin, coverflow navigation is compromised, if I delete the lines which contain "PageControl" the bar automatically stops working, but it works manually, the coverflow work is normal.
There are different temporary solutions. If you remove the pagecontrol tag, the scrollbar is still visible but not functional. You could also remove the scrollbar completely but you may run into navigation issues because the scrollbar is integrated in the navigation between game list and bottom panel.

Anyway, this issue is now solved in two ways: Latest SVN version of RCB has a work around that works with wraplist and pagecontrol. It just adds a dummy item before the list is loaded (maybe I even leave it like this because you see a short "loading list..." before the list is loaded). Also XBMC team has fixed the bug in XBMC itself. So one of the next nightly builds should not have this issue anymore without chaning anything in RCB (Trac ticket)

Elviguiero Wrote:I Love RCB, and i'm trying to make some personnal views.
Is there any option / hack to avoid the video to autostart on game focus,
i'm not asking for no video, but a way to act like movie trailers : start video on command (press up for ex.) ?
I've been playing around without success, but i've no particular skining or programming skills, so i still hope there is a solution.
Not really sure what you mean with personal views. You create your own skin files?

No, atm there is no way to turn video autoplay on/off. But you could use the image placing options to turn video playback off in the main window and turn it on in the game info window (more details in the wiki). Also you can start video playback in fullscreen with the "Play" button (only works in Eden, in Dharma this function is disabled - also atm it only works if you additionally install the RCB service, but this will be changed in the future).

If you are going to create your own skin files you should give your game lists ids from 50-54 if they support video and 55-58 if they don't support video (check the skinning guide for more information).

- Elviguiero - 2011-10-27

Malte, thanks for your answer
Yes, by personnal views i mean a complete skin files (adapted from Aeon MQ), that matches my needs.

One thing i didn't found in the wiki is how to add my skin in RCB with your last version: my files are actually in Aeon MQ3 folders, and i want to move them in the RCB Skin folder (like Night and Simplicity). Are there some xml to modify, like settings...? (Sorry if it sounds a bit stupid)

- malte - 2011-10-27

Great! I hope you are going to share your resultsSmile

Yes, you have to modify the settings.xml file in RCBs userdata folder. Check this line:
Code:
<setting id="rcb_skin" label="RCB skin" type="labelenum" values="Confluence|Night|Simplicity" default="Confluence"/>
and add the name of your skins folder to the "values" attribute like this:
Code:
values="Confluence|Night|Simplicity|Your skin here"

- Domina - 2011-10-27

Malte thanks for answering!

A question as I do see the option for fullscreen video?
In the video that you demonstrate "rcb" option appears beneath the video!

Edit:
Another question, would not be Possible to add support to configure different views for each platform?

example
arcade taito type X2 "list" and "coverflow" on Playstation 2!
Today is all-in a list or coverflow.

Because there are games that do not have covers as arcade and some consoles are hard to find cover then the list hides these games the platform!

Have to keep changing every time the view of each platform is tiring.

Thanks malt for his work in this great addon!

- malte - 2011-10-27

Domina Wrote:A question as I do see the option for fullscreen video?
In the video that you demonstrate "rcb" option appears beneath the video!
You can start fullscreen video with the Play/Pause button on your remote or Space on the keyboard. Additionally you have to install the RCB service addon (don't ask me why I will change this in future).

Domina Wrote:Another question, would not be Possible to add support to configure different views for each platform?
On my list for a long time. I am sure it will come one day.

- Domina - 2011-10-27

strange when I press the space bar or play / pause, the video pause, if I press the play/ pause / space bar he again play, but still in the window.

But what I really wanted to "play fullscreen" button that appears in the video of the first page.

I'm using xbmc eden and service RCB instaled.

- naborneo - 2011-10-28

I've been reading a lot about how to get RCB to work, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm using the most recent nightly build of xbmc (20111026).
I've installed service 0.1.0 and have tried RCB 0.8.7, 0.8.9 & 0.9.2 with no luck. Any thoughts?

XBMC Log
Code:
19:43:55 T:1340    INFO: initializing python engine.
19:43:55 T:1340   DEBUG: new python thread created. id=2
19:43:55 T:3800   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: 0
19:43:55 T:3800   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:43:56 T:3800   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - The source file to load is C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py
19:43:56 T:3800   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Setting the Python path to C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.cryptopy\lib;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.demjson\lib;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.mechanize\lib;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.web.viewer\lib;C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files\XBMC;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
19:43:56 T:3800   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Entering source directory C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
19:43:56 T:3800   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.games.rom.collection.browser" dependent on version 1.0 of the xbmc.python api
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB: init log level
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB: current log level: 2
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Path to configuration file: C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\config.xml
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Init Rom Collection Browser: C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: RCB version: 0.9.2
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: RCB service addon: <xbmcaddon.Addon object at 0x0811D3E0>
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\MyGames.db
19:43:56 T:3800  NOTICE: Create Tables
19:43:56 T:3800    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:43:56 T:3800   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
19:43:56 T:3800   ERROR: Error Contents: table RCBSetting has 25 columns but 12 values were supplied
19:43:56 T:3800   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py", line 58, in <module>
                                                import gui
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 2206, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 2198, in main
                                                ui = UIGameDB("script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", util.getAddonInstallPath(), skin, "PAL")
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 207, in __init__
                                                doImport, errorMsg = self.gdb.checkDBStructure()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 106, in checkDBStructure
                                                self.createTables()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 81, in createTables
                                                RCBSetting(self).insert((None, None, None, None, None, None, None, util.CURRENT_DB_VERSION, None, None, None))
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 145, in insert
                                                self.gdb.cursor.execute(insertString, args)
                                            OperationalError: table RCBSetting has 25 columns but 12 values were supplied
19:43:56 T:3800    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
19:43:56 T:3800    INFO: Python script stopped
19:43:56 T:3800   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 3800 terminating
19:43:56 T:1340   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 2 to stop
19:43:56 T:1340   DEBUG: python thread 2 destructed

- malte - 2011-10-28

Domina Wrote:strange when I press the space bar or play / pause, the video pause, if I press the play/ pause / space bar he again play, but still in the window.

But what I really wanted to "play fullscreen" button that appears in the video of the first page.

I'm using xbmc eden and service RCB instaled.
Hmmm, I have a similar problem here. It only works if I don't use video playback in the main window. Will see how to fix it.

I removed the button because it was always wasting space and most people don't have videos with their rom collections. Maybe I will readd the button if I find a good place for it.

naborneo Wrote:I've been reading a lot about how to get RCB to work, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm using the most recent nightly build of xbmc (20111026).
I've installed service 0.1.0 and have tried RCB 0.8.7, 0.8.9 & 0.9.2 with no luck. Any thoughts?
Looks like you had an older version of RCB installed and update to the new version is not supported anymore (it is only supported for newer RCB versions). Check your RCB userdata folder and delete the files config.xml and MyGames.db.

Do you know which version you had installed before?

- Domina - 2011-10-28

Thanks for the responses, on the button would not be possible to make it appear only when have video to game?
If the person has not video to game, the button does not appear.

Elviguiero

Have you made the skin for RCB based on Aeon MQ3?
Because I asked this support to Marcos (MarcosQui) AeonMQ creator, but he will start working after the final release of the skin.
But if you have already did, he not need to do or by working less

- Elviguiero - 2011-10-28

Domina Wrote:Have you made the skin for RCB based on Aeon MQ3?
Because I asked this support to Marcos (MarcosQui) AeonMQ creator, but he will start working after the final release of the skin.
But if you have already did, he not need to do or by working less

Yes, it will be mostly based on Aeon MQ3.
But as i said, i may have particular needs that won't feet most general use, and have no particular skining skills, so don't expect it to be perfect Wink
Yet it could be a base for others to tweek.
I'll try to post some screens later to show how it looks.

@ Malte: A little issue i have since i moved my skin files to RCB folder, the maingame views work as expected (thanks for the settings.xml tip by the way), but not the game info screen: it keeps showing the default/Confluence one Oo and i don't understand why. Is it the normal behaviour or did i miss something?

- naborneo - 2011-10-28

malte Wrote:Looks like you had an older version of RCB installed and update to the new version is not supported anymore (it is only supported for newer RCB versions). Check your RCB userdata folder and delete the files config.xml and MyGames.db.

Do you know which version you had installed before?

I might have installed RCB before, but never used it, and didn't realize there where more files in the "userdata" folder. Deleting that did the trick, thanks.

- Domina - 2011-10-28

Elviguiero
Thanks for the reply, I would love to see the look that is getting the skin! Laugh

- malte - 2011-10-28

Domina Wrote:Thanks for the responses, on the button would not be possible to make it appear only when have video to game?
If the person has not video to game, the button does not appear.
This was the fact in earlier version but the space was already reserved even if the button was not shown. I will have a look at it. Maybe I add it to the bottom panel or something like this...

Elviguiero Wrote:@ Malte: A little issue i have since i moved my skin files to RCB folder, the maingame views work as expected (thanks for the settings.xml tip by the way), but not the game info screen: it keeps showing the default/Confluence one and i don't understand why. Is it the normal behaviour or did i miss something?
Damn. I guess I missed something. Forgot to add the required code for the game info view because the available skins don't have specific views for it. I will post an example how you can do it on your own. But I guess it will not be today anymore.

- naborneo - 2011-10-29

I just wanted to make a suggestion for RCB. Take it as you'd like.
One of the best game frontends I've used is GameEX. But this being a HTPC that also plays games, I'd like to stick with XBMC and RCB.
I might be the ladder, but I'm someone that has full collections of ROM for consoles and MAME, so I have A LOT of roms to popup. As much a I like how RCB looks, It would be really nice if there was a menu system when first loading RCB. Why I mentioned GameEX, is I believe they did their intro menu well and am stealing most of the functions from them.

Intro -Menu-
Last Played
Most Played
Random Play
Favorites
Search
All Games
MAME
NES
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo
...(Continue with other installed collections)

Once inside one of the collection game menu to keep the drop-down menu but omit the "Consoles" tab for filtering.

It seems so congested when starting RCB(especally when you want to switch consoles, it defaults to ALL, so it first loads ALL my roms, then I choose the system I want to view), a menu system might be nice.
Since I'm not a developer or coder, I'm asking this as a suggestion. I'm not sure if this could be implemented as a skin addition or would have to delve into the actual code of RCB.

- malte - 2011-10-29

Yes, such an intro menu is already on my list but there are too many basic features that I still want to add or improve that this intro has a low priority for me. But I absolutely love the idea and I am quite sure that we will see it one day.

BTW: you can already choose which filters should have an "ALL" option (see see here).

You could also try out Advanced Launcher if you have not seen it already. It is another game frontend in XBMC and works a little bit different from RCB. Maybe you like this one more. E.g. it already has such an intro page afaik. But it depends on your default skin if all features are supported.