Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-10-29

New test version available: 0.9.3

List of changes:

General:
  • wraplist / pagecontrol fix for Eden (also fixed in latest XBMC nightlies)
  • Dharma / Eden check: don't use RCBService as indicator
Browse Games:
  • skin selection also working for game info view
  • don't reload game list when exiting game info view
  • don't use xbmc.lock in Eden

This version should become the new featured version and go into the repo if no serious bugs are reported in the next days. I am also working on a wiki update to reflect the changes that have been done since latest version in repo (0.8.7/0.8.9).

Previous test version: 0.9.2

- Domina - 2011-10-29

Thanks Malte, best every day!

Edit:
Malte, in the next version would not be possible to extract the strings, to users want to do translation?

- Elviguiero - 2011-11-01

Thanks Malte, Game Info view now appears as expected.
One more thing, it doesn't seem possible to have access to Thumb, background and extraImage1-2-3 from game info view. would it be possible to add it in a future release?

And by the way here are some pics of the work in progress...

- Domina - 2011-11-01

Very cool! Nod
Thank you for showing your work!

- malte - 2011-11-01

Wow, great job! Looking forward to the final release.

Elviguiero Wrote:One more thing, it doesn't seem possible to have access to Thumb, background and extraImage1-2-3 from game info view. would it be possible to add it in a future release?
You are right. Forgot to add these again. I will do it in next release. But what do you mean with Thumb? There is "gameinfobig" available, this should usually show an action screenshot.

- hikaricore - 2011-11-01

Does anyone know how to get RCB working with the Neon skin? I've asked the developer of the skin but thus far gotten no useful response on the subject.

hikaricore Wrote:Not sure if this has been addressed before, but when attempting to use Rom Collection Browser I get the following error:

Code:
Control with id: 1000 could not be found. Check WindowXML file.

This seems to be an issue specific to Neon as it works with every other skin I've tried.
Let me know if you actually need log output or anything.

- malte - 2011-11-01

hikaricore Wrote:Control with id: 1000 could not be found. Check WindowXML file.
This control is one of the new favorite or search buttons. So it looks like Neon ships RCB specific files that are not up to date (with 0.9.x releases). Do you have files like "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" in your "skin.neon/720p" folder?

Try to delete these files and RCB should launch again (with its default skin).

BTW: I did not know that there have been Neon skin files for RCB. I will check and update them to the new structure or ask the skinner if he is willing to do it.

- Tomkun - 2011-11-01

Hiya Malte,

First of all, thanks for the recent updates. I'm really enjoying using RCB again without it crashing!

Also, just a quick bug report fyi... When opening a .zip file with multiple roms inside, it is impossible to return to the menu without launching the emulator... Pressing esc, or back will just launch the emu with incorrect arguments.

Anyway, thanks again for a great script.Big Grin

malte Wrote:Wow, great job! Looking forward to the final release.

You are right. Forgot to add these again. I will do it in next release. But what do you mean with Thumb? There is "gameinfobig" available, this should usually show an action screenshot.

Thank you in advance Smile and could you also add console, version, perspective from game infos...:p
By thumb i mean the game boxfront default picture, to show it i use ListItem.Thumb ; i actually have to use GameInfoLowerRight (for ex) but would like to keep it free

- hikaricore - 2011-11-01

malte Wrote:This control is one of the new favorite or search buttons. So it looks like Neon ships RCB specific files that are not up to date (with 0.9.x releases). Do you have files like "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" in your "skin.neon/720p" folder?

Try to delete these files and RCB should launch again (with its default skin).

BTW: I did not know that there have been Neon skin files for RCB. I will check and update them to the new structure or ask the skinner if he is willing to do it.

Guess who feels like an idiot and has two thumbs? *points at self* This guy. I swear I looked in the skin folder half a dozen times and never noticed script-Rom_Collection_Browser-gameinfo.xml and script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml. >.>

- malte - 2011-11-02

Tomkun Wrote:Also, just a quick bug report fyi... When opening a .zip file with multiple roms inside, it is impossible to return to the menu without launching the emulator... Pressing esc, or back will just launch the emu with incorrect arguments.
Thanks. Added to the list.

Elviguiero Wrote:and could you also add console, version, perspective from game infos...
Where have I been as somebody took control over this project and forgot to add so many things? Also added. Thanks again.

- Domina - 2011-11-02

Malte, I have a question:
What are all the information that RCB can provide the skin to be displayed?
MarcosQui began working on the skin for rcb Big Grin

Thanks!

- malte - 2011-11-02

All properties are listed in the skinning guide in the wiki (Accessing RCBs text properties).

But not all properties are provided by the scraped sites, so they will only be available for users with local game descriptions. These properties are provided by the online scrapers for standard (non-arcade) games:
Code:
year
plot
publisher
developer
reviewer
genre
maxplayers

- Domina - 2011-11-02

Thanks for reply
"translatedby" would be translation independent / unofficial? Ex: IPS