Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- coolasice - 2012-01-31

malte Wrote:Should be no problem to run a batch file with RCB, too.

I think the batch file must look like this (%* instead of %rom%):
Code:
start C:\blablabla\project64.exe %*
start C:\blablabla\GlovePie.exe -Wiimotescript.PIE

In RCB you must use the path to the batch file as emuCmd and "%ROM%" as emuParam.

crazy question but if you do this will glovepie exit when you exit your emulator?

- malte - 2012-01-31

Good question. I guess not. But if glovepie can run in the background you may switch the both commands (glovepie at first, then project64). And if you then close the emulator the batch file will exit (and with this glovepie).

In the example above glovepie will start when you close the emulator. So I think it is not what you expected it to do.

- coolasice - 2012-01-31

I bet I could use eventghost to close it if I close the emulator, have to look into that...

- japes - 2012-02-01

malte Wrote:Try to disable "Escape emulator cmd" option in Addon settings. See here.

Maybe both files are scraped with the same game name? So RCB thinks both are the same games?

Not sure what happened. If you give me the exact file names and the scrapers you used, I could try to reproduce this and see if it is a bug.

Super Mario Bros (Lost Levels).zip <info displayed as Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 2.zip <game actually launched

Also when I don't use solo mode the xbmc never returns to fullscreen and the window is all blacked out. It works well in solo mode but it onlly restarts xbmc in non portable mode. I tried editing the .bat file so that the solo mode would relaunch xbmc in portable mode (...xbmc.exe" -p) but it always gives me an error and never starts xbmc.

on xp if that is relevant.

thanks

- coolasice - 2012-02-02

question... how can I add games manually? I have "just dance kids" for the wii but it will not add it to the library, my "just dance kids 2" worked fine?

- reapy - 2012-02-02

Ok sorry it took me a few days to find some time to log it. Here is a pastebin (first time I heard of a paste bin, pretty convenient Wink )

bin

So what I did here was just go into rom collection browser, hit import games for the snes collection, checked change scrapper for this run, picked local artwork, none, none, then hit go.

Here is a shot of XBMC and the folder containing the movies, I was just looking for it to pick up the "Breath of Fire.mp4" in this case.

desktop

Eden beta 2 also if thats relevant.

- malte - 2012-02-02

japes Wrote:Super Mario Bros (Lost Levels).zip <info displayed as Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 2.zip <game actually launched
Problem is that there is no game "Super Mario Bros (Lost Levels)" in the online databases RCB uses for searching. If it does not find an exact match RCB will start to do searches with altering the file name (e.g. removing ()-brackets and text between the brackets). So it starts to search for "Super Mario Bros". But ususally it should not find "Super Mario Bros 2" when it searches for "Super Mario Bros". I implemented a check for wrong sequel numbers. So I must check this again if there is a bug in the import logic.

japes Wrote:Also when I don't use solo mode the xbmc never returns to fullscreen and the window is all blacked out.
With every emulator on every launch? Or just sometimes with some games? I don't think this is RCB related, not sure if I can help you. But you could show me the log file after you tried to launch a game. Maybe I see something in there.

japes Wrote:It works well in solo mode but it onlly restarts xbmc in non portable mode. I tried editing the .bat file so that the solo mode would relaunch xbmc in portable mode (...xbmc.exe" -p) but it always gives me an error and never starts xbmc.
Can you show me the error?

coolasice Wrote:question... how can I add games manually? I have "just dance kids" for the wii but it will not add it to the library, my "just dance kids 2" worked fine?
You could create nfo files from hand or reimport the games with Don't import games without description and Don't import games without artwork set to False. There will also be an option to scrape and edit single games one day. But this will take some time.

reapy Wrote:So what I did here was just go into rom collection browser, hit import games for the snes collection, checked change scrapper for this run, picked local artwork, none, none, then hit go.

Here is a shot of XBMC and the folder containing the movies, I was just looking for it to pick up the "Breath of Fire.mp4" in this case.
Do you have different places for your roms or (re)moved some roms after the initial import? RCB doesn't find "Breath of Fire", "Breath of Fire II" or "Boxing Legends of the ring" (all games that I could see on your screenshot). So it won't rescrape infos for these roms.

- coolasice - 2012-02-02

You could create nfo files from hand or reimport the games with Don't import games without description and Don't import games without artwork set to False. There will also be an option to scrape and edit single games one day. But this will take some time.

Sweet, worked like a treat, took me a little while to find that option, thanks

- japes - 2012-02-02

malte Wrote:Problem is that there is no game "Super Mario Bros (Lost Levels)" in the online databases RCB uses for searching. If it does not find an exact match RCB will start to do searches with altering the file name (e.g. removing ()-brackets and text between the brackets). So it starts to search for "Super Mario Bros". But ususally it should not find "Super Mario Bros 2" when it searches for "Super Mario Bros". I implemented a check for wrong sequel numbers. So I must check this again if there is a bug in the import logic..

It scrapes it fine as the descriptions in the .nfo file are correct. It's just not importing it into the list.

malte Wrote:Can you show me the error?..

error image
also tried adding the "-p" inside the " "

Everything works fine without the -p it just opens up xbmc in regular mode without my skin edits.

malte Wrote:You could create nfo files from hand or reimport the games with Don't import games without description and Don't import games without artwork set to False.

Tried this but got nowhere. I may try changing the title to something way different just to see when I get home today. EDIT: I changed the file name to SMB2 - Lost levels and reimported with the don't improt games without descriptions checked to false and it imported correctly, I then manually edited the nfo file to change the title to Super Mario Bros - Lost Levels and rescanned and everything came in correctly. I was lucky that the nfo file was already created with the correct description it just wasn't getting added to the database.

Now I just need to get the solo mode to relaunch in -p mode.

Thanks for the suggestions.

- reapy - 2012-02-02

They are in the same place that they were imported from and have never moved. Not sure why it is not finding the files.

Again, the video import works correctly if I delete the snes collection, then before the initial import set up the video directory. I just set up the scrappers for that run to be local.nfo, local artwork, none.

I tried secondary runs with local.nfo then local artwork, but got the same errors for not locating the games.

I'm not sure I did anything funky with my set up. I installed a fresh win7 x64 for the htpc, installed eden beta 1, installed from the respiratory rom collection browser. I was having this problem before, but I also updated to beta 2 over top of beta 1, but there was really no change on the plugin behavior.

- malte - 2012-02-03

japes Wrote:It scrapes it fine as the descriptions in the .nfo file are correct. It's just not importing it into the list.
Can you show me the nfo files and an xbmc.log of the import?

japes Wrote:Now I just need to get the solo mode to relaunch in -p mode.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Have you tried this?

reapy Wrote:They are in the same place that they were imported from and have never moved. Not sure why it is not finding the files.

Strange. This is the list of games that it finds:
Code:
Files read: [u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Batman - Revenge of the Joker (U).smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Final Fantasy IV [J2e].smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Hiouden Legend of the Scarlet King - The Demonic Oath [Aeon Genesis].smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Joe & Mac 2 - Lost in the Tropics (U) (54227).smc', u"C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Mario's Early Years - Fun With Numbers (U).smc", u"C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Mario's Early Years - Preschool Fun (U).smc", u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Ogre Battle.smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Secret of mana 2.smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Star Fox Super Weekend Competition (U).smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Super Bases Loaded 2 (U).smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Ultima 6.smc', u'C:\\Content\\ROMS\\SNES\\Zelda - A Link to The Past.smc']
I have to re-check but I am quite sure this list is unfiltered. Just what RCB finds with searching for "C:\Content\ROMS\SNES\*.smc". Regardless if the games are already imported or not.

Credits - Domina - 2012-02-04

Malte I have a suggestion that I am carrying on my skin with RCB, which can perhaps be added the RCB regarding the import of data on credits (staff).

I created an nfo with information provided from GameFAQs, an example below.

http://www.4shared.com/file/_F_a_my_/Ace_Combat_04_-_Shattered_Skie.html

I can put it on my skin without any addition by the addon, but when I release the skin, users will have to do the process manually in nfo for each game which is not very practical.

I forgot, you can add an option for parental rating on RCB?
It might work as follows, after to trigger the option "ParentalRating" a box text is displayed for entering the password if the password is entered correctly, all games are displayed on RCB.

By default the RCB would display all the games, minus rating with exmplo "AO" the ESRB, 18 + for PEGI, etc ...

Anyway if you're interested, would be nice to have this feature in RCB!

Thanks and keep up the great job with RCB!

- japes - 2012-02-04

malte Wrote:Have you tried this?

Yes it works fine for regular startup I just can't get it to start in Portable Mode using the -p attribute. I've tried -p both outside and inside the (" ") and it says path not found, without -p it starts normal version fine. I am sure I am doing something really simple wrong.

- Gravis856 - 2012-02-04

Awesome add-on, thanks for all the hard work guys!

The only question I have is how do you seemlessly transition back to XBMC after you're done playing a game? I'm using SNES9x for example, and when I'm done, I usually take my mouse, close it out and maximize XBMC again.

Am I missing something?

- malte - 2012-02-04

Domina Wrote:Malte I have a suggestion that I am carrying on my skin with RCB, which can perhaps be added the RCB regarding the import of data on credits (staff).

I created an nfo with information provided from GameFAQs, an example below.

http://www.4shared.com/file/_F_a_my_...ered_Skie.html

I can put it on my skin without any addition by the addon, but when I release the skin, users will have to do the process manually in nfo for each game which is not very practical.
Sorry, I don't want to scrape from GameFAQs. They explicitly forbid scraping in their terms of use and they did not respond to my request for permission (1 year ago).

BTW: If you just want to share a text file, please use a service like pastebin. All these file share service are a painSmile

Domina Wrote:I forgot, you can add an option for parental rating on RCB?
It might work as follows, after to trigger the option "ParentalRating" a box text is displayed for entering the password if the password is entered correctly, all games are displayed on RCB.

By default the RCB would display all the games, minus rating with exmplo "AO" the ESRB, 18 + for PEGI, etc ...

Anyway if you're interested, would be nice to have this feature in RCB!
Haha, nice idea. I will add this to my list but with a low priority. I guess if this will ever become a prio 1 issue we should be all very happy with RCBBig Grin

japes Wrote:Yes it works fine for regular startup I just can't get it to start in Portable Mode using the -p attribute. I've tried -p both outside and inside the (" ") and it says path not found, without -p it starts normal version fine. I am sure I am doing something really simple wrong.
I would try it like this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p
But it sounds like you have already.

Gravis856 Wrote:The only question I have is how do you seemlessly transition back to XBMC after you're done playing a game? I'm using SNES9x for example, and when I'm done, I usually take my mouse, close it out and maximize XBMC again.

Am I missing something?
It depends on your input device. Most emulators support Alt+F4 as exit action. If you don't have a keyboard next to your HTPC you could use a program that maps a button on your gamepad to this key combo.