Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- st graveyard - 2012-03-02

The error in the "art alive" nfo file was a "&" in the plot description I copied from wiki ... I'm learning Wink

- malte - 2012-03-03

Thanks for the log. I will check it.

- -ROKER- - 2012-03-03

Hello everybody! He translated his text with the help of Google translator. I am from Russia. Faced with a problem: after starting the emulator gens / gs or gfce ultra full screen through the rom collection browser, it does not close on the keyboard shortcut Alt + F4. Operating System - ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS. How can I solve the problem of data conn?

- Tomkun - 2012-03-03

-ROKER- Wrote:Hello everybody! He translated his text with the help of Google translator. I am from Russia. Faced with a problem: after starting the emulator gens / gs or gfce ultra full screen through the rom collection browser, it does not close on the keyboard shortcut Alt + F4. Operating System - ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS. How can I solve the problem of data conn?

Does Alt + F4 work if you start the emulator manually (without RCB)? Otherwise I'd guess it's an emulator issue.

- -ROKER- - 2012-03-03

Tomkun Wrote:Does Alt + F4 work if you start the emulator manually (without RCB)? Otherwise I'd guess it's an emulator issue.

In full-screen mode is also not closed, but if you run in windowed mode - it is closed. So the problem is not in the RCB, but how can I solve this problem?
PS in windows no such problems, but do not want because of such a trifle htpc translated into the OS

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-03-03

malte Wrote:Thanks for the log. I will check it.

Thank You Malte.

Could you please check something else for me?

Today I experimented some more with the videos. I switched to the high quality FLV files from emu movies. Using these file (the previous ones were AVI) there is no slow down anymore and it looks awesome but ...
I'm having problems with games starting with 'the' or 'a' for example, "The Addams family'. The Rom is called "Addams Family, The (USA, Europe).zip". So the title contains a comma, maybe this is the problem? The linking of all the artxwork is ok, except for the videos. This is what I see in the log when importing :

Quote:8 T:5020 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using key: Filetypegameplay
17:38:28 T:5020 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Error while resolving item: Filetypegameplay : 'Filetypegameplay'
17:38:28 T:5020 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: resolve path: E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\%GAME%.*
17:38:28 T:5020 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: resolved path from rom file name: E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family, The (USA, Europe).*
17:38:28 T:5020 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: resolved files: [u'E:\\Games\\Videos\\SegaGenesis\\Hyperspin2\\Addams Family, The (USA, Europe).flv']

This is what I get when trying to play the video :

Quote:9 T:3044 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:39:39 T:1516 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
17:39:39 T:1516 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening []
17:39:39 T:1516 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
17:39:39 T:1516 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
17:39:39 T:3044 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media:
17:39:39 T:3044 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
17:39:39 T:3044 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:39:39 T:3044 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
17:39:39 T:3044 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
17:39:40 T:3044 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family
17:39:40 T:3044 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:39:40 T:4252 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
17:39:40 T:4252 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family]
17:39:40 T:4252 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
17:39:40 T:4252 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
17:39:40 T:3044 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family
17:39:40 T:3044 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
17:39:40 T:3044 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:39:40 T:3044 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
17:39:40 T:3044 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
17:39:42 T:4104 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfoDialog
17:39:42 T:3044 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Twin Digits\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
17:39:42 T:3044 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family
17:39:42 T:3044 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:39:42 T:2044 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
17:39:42 T:2044 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family]
17:39:42 T:2044 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
17:39:42 T:2044 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
17:39:42 T:3044 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: E:\Games\Videos\SegaGenesis\Hyperspin2\Addams Family
17:39:42 T:3044 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
17:39:42 T:3044 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

I have this with all game starting with 'the' or 'a' (a dinosaur's tale), which in the rom title have this word behind a comma Nerd

Do you have any idea?

rcb can't load mame's rom (path problem) - wiser - 2012-03-03

Hi all,

I try to fix since few days this probleme :

I have xbmc eden with rcb under windows seven 64 (zotac nano)

I have mame installed in c:\mame\

rcb can't load mame's rom because he can't change the path at load (in fact the same prob occure if you type a command line from C: for launching mame insteed of changing path to c:\mame\ first)

I have generate the mame.ini with the rom path inside, but don't know how to enter -initpath in rcb (if it's possible) all kind of trick like using %ROM% %ROMNAME% etc.. have fail.

Help ll be very apreciate Rolleyes
Thanks in advance,

- Tomkun - 2012-03-04

-ROKER- Wrote:In full-screen mode is also not closed, but if you run in windowed mode - it is closed. So the problem is not in the RCB, but how can I solve this problem?
PS in windows no such problems, but do not want because of such a trifle htpc translated into the OS

No idea, sorry. I think you would be better off asking at the gens website.

- malte - 2012-03-04

st graveyard Wrote:I have this with all game starting with 'the' or 'a' (a dinosaur's tale), which in the rom title have this word behind a comma
I will check this, too. It looks like a problem that is currently discussed in the xbmc addon mailing list. So I hope I have a solution.

' Wrote:I have generate the mame.ini with the rom path inside, but don't know how to enter -initpath in rcb (if it's possible) all kind of trick like using %ROM% %ROMNAME% etc.. have fail.
You can use the -inipath argument in RCB but there is no special placeholder in RCB. So you have to write down the whole path yourself in RCBs command arguments.

- wiser - 2012-03-04

Thanks for your help malte.

So i can add -inipath in the RCB argument, but i'm sorry but i dont know how to do that. i have to edit the config.xml file and add it somewhere inside ?

If you can tell me how i have to put that, sorry to be a noob but can't beleave i'm the only one to have this probleme with RCB, mame and windows ^^

There is a part of my config.xml file if that could help. Thanks again

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<config version="0.9.5"> -<RomCollections> -<RomCollection name="MAME" id="1"> <emulatorCmd>C:\MAME\mame.exe</emulatorCmd> <emulatorParams>"%ROMNAME%"</emulatorParams> <romPath>C:\MAME\roms\*.zip</romPath> <saveStatePath/> <saveStateParams/> <mediaPath type="boxfront">C:\MAME\artwork\boxfront\%GAME%.*</mediaPath> <mediaPath type="action">C:\MAME\artwork\action\%GAME%.*</mediaPath> <mediaPath type="title">C:\MAME\artwork\title\%GAME%.*</mediaPath> <mediaPath type="cabinet">C:\MAME\artwork\cabinet\%GAME%.*</mediaPath> <mediaPath type="marquee">C:\MAME\artwork\marquee\%GAME%.*</mediaPath> <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo> <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan> <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate> <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain> <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo> <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename> <maxFolderDepth>99</maxFolderDepth> <doNotExtractZipFiles>True</doNotExtractZipFiles> <diskPrefix>_Disk</diskPrefix> <imagePlacingMain>gameinfomamecabinet</imagePlacingMain> <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingInfo> <scraper name="mobygames.com" replaceValueString

- aur0n - 2012-03-04

I've a problem. When I open the program, all I can see is this:

I am not being asked for any folder or emulator system, and there's no option to do it.

How can I solve this? Huh

- malte - 2012-03-04

wiser Wrote:So i can add -inipath in the RCB argument, but i'm sorry but i dont know how to do that. i have to edit the config.xml file and add it somewhere inside ?

If you can tell me how i have to put that, sorry to be a noob but can't beleave i'm the only one to have this probleme with RCB, mame and windows
You can do this via RCBs UI like explained here. Just edit the Emulator params. Or you can directly edit config.xml (may be easier because you can copy/paste the path). Just add the inipath to the property "emulatorParams". I guess it should look like this:
Code:
<emulatorParams>-inipath "c:\mame" "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

aur0n Wrote:I've a problem. When I open the program, all I can see is this:

I am not being asked for any folder or emulator system, and there's no option to do it.
Usually you should be asked to add rom collections on RCBs first launch. Maybe you launched it before and skipped this dialog?

But no problem, you can launch the context menu (press "C" on the keyboard or "menu" on the remote) and select "Add Rom Collection". This should launch the wizard again.

- aur0n - 2012-03-04

malte Wrote:You can do this via RCBs UI like explained here. Just edit the Emulator params. Or you can directly edit config.xml (may be easier because you can copy/paste the path). Just add the inipath to the property "emulatorParams". I guess it should look like this:
Code:
<emulatorParams>-inipath "c:\mame" "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

Usually you should be asked to add rom collections on RCBs first launch. Maybe you launched it before and skipped this dialog?

But no problem, you can launch the context menu (press "C" on the keyboard or "menu" on the remote) and select "Add Rom Collection". This should launch the wizard again.

Thanks for the (quick) reply!

I did as you said, I successfully (I think) added a SNES emulator selecting its ROMs folder, but the problem persists, all I can see is "Loading list..." :confused2:

Suggestions?

- wiser - 2012-03-04

Thanks a lot malte for your quick reply, i ll try that to see if that work and post the result Smile

Thanks again

- malte - 2012-03-04

' Wrote:I did as you said, I successfully (I think) added a SNES emulator selecting its ROMs folder, but the problem persists, all I can see is "Loading list..."

Suggestions?
Did you also import games? There is an import dialog at the end of the configuration wizard. If you skipped this, you can invoke "Import Games" via context menu again.

If you did import games and it still shows no games please show me the log file after an import. Maybe there is an error in your configuration or you ran into a bug of the addon.