Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-05-18

Hi Malte,

This solved the problem. Thanks a lot for the quick fix. I have some trouble using the game scrape. I will sent you questions and a report tonight.

Cheers,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-05-18

Hello Malte,

I'm now testing in confluence. This is the situation. For the game 'PELE!' (which was already in my db without box art) I have added a boxart in the art folder. Now I'm testing the 'rescrape game' function in RCB. First I did a rescrape game with the genesis scraper. I suppose that after the scraper of all the local info, my box art should be there when I press the 'I' button, right? It is not currently. In my log you can see this happened at '4:12:47 T:2088'. So I did the same test using the local info scraper, getting the same result ... No boxart. This happened around '14:23:05 T:2088'. And finally after this scrape the filter also lost focus and my genesis and snes collection turned up (this should also be in the log)

This is the log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2727

What am I doing wrong?
One more thing Malte. I know there are still bugs in the new test version of rcb, but the new feature are there (all the selections and buttons are placed) so I was wondering ... Marcos Qui is now fully working on AEON MQ4. Wouldn't it be usefull to tell him already about the new features so he can add the links and buttons already in MQ4 (since it is in development phase)? Doesn't matter if the functions still contain bugs, this way MQ4 is already up to date with RCB.

Just an idea ....

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tjcinnamon - 2012-05-18

How can I add PC games? I have resident evil 5 on PC.

Most of the games reside in Program Files but are in different folders. I browsed through the documentation but couldn't find a specific method to add multiple PC games (or even one for that matter). Do I put the full file name (laucher.exe) as the mask?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-05-18

st graveyard Wrote:This is the log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2727

What am I doing wrong?
You find too many bugs Big Grin. I guess the problem is the file name with () again. I should add this as a fix test to my test scenario. This is the relevant part of the log file:
Code:
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: C:\Games\Games\RomFiles\Sega Genesis\Pele! (USA, Europe).zip
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: C:\Games\Games\RomFiles\Sega Genesis
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: Pele! (USA, Europe).zip
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: []
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Update finished
It looks like the method that I am using has issues with () in filenames. I have to check this again.

st graveyard Wrote:One more thing Malte. I know there are still bugs in the new test version of rcb, but the new feature are there (all the selections and buttons are placed) so I was wondering ... Marcos Qui is now fully working on AEON MQ4. Wouldn't it be usefull to tell him already about the new features so he can add the links and buttons already in MQ4 (since it is in development phase)? Doesn't matter if the functions still contain bugs, this way MQ4 is already up to date with RCB.
Yes, for MQ4 this might be ok. I guess with this release I am quite stable with GUI changes so it may be time to talk to Marcos. I just did not want to bother him with changes when I am still reworking things.

tjcinnamon Wrote:How can I add PC games? I have resident evil 5 on PC.

This is the easiest way to do this:
  • create a folder with shortcuts to your standalone games (e.g. lnk-files)
  • in RCB start the Add Rom Collection Wizard
  • use Linux, Macintosh or Windows as System
  • select the path to your shortcuts, the file mask (e.g. *.lnk) and the folder to store the artwork

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tjcinnamon - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 18:29)malte Wrote:
tjcinnamon Wrote:How can I add PC games? I have resident evil 5 on PC.

This is the easiest way to do this:
  • create a folder with shortcuts to your standalone games (e.g. lnk-files)
  • in RCB start the Add Rom Collection Wizard
  • use Linux, Macintosh or Windows as System
  • select the path to your shortcuts, the file mask (e.g. *.lnk) and the folder to store the artwork

Genius!

(2012-05-18, 18:29)malte Wrote: You find too many bugs Big Grin. I guess the problem is the file name with () again. I should add this as a fix test to my test scenario. This is the relevant part of the log file:
Code:
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: C:\Games\Games\RomFiles\Sega Genesis\Pele! (USA, Europe).zip
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: C:\Games\Games\RomFiles\Sega Genesis
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: Pele! (USA, Europe).zip
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: []
14:23:05 T:2088  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Update finished
It looks like the method that I am using has issues with () in filenames. I have to check this again.

So I guess this mean I have to revert back to version 1.0.2. because in the latest version the scraping does not work anymore using the collection scraper AND the local scraper? :-)
I will test some more ...
I suggest to add some games with '( )' in your collection because most rom guys use the hyperspin/no intro sets, I think.

Cheers,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-05-18

No, this should just happen with the new rescraping features. Old import should not be affected.

st graveyard Wrote:I suggest to add some games with '( )' in your collection because most rom guys use the hyperspin/no intro sets, I think.

Ok, found it. Everything is working even with () and all. You have just one setting set to the wrong value: In "Addon Settings/Import Games" enable "Rescrape already imported games". This should do the trick.

Thanks, that does the trick. Sorry about this, my mistake! I'll test more and keep you posted!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-05-21

Been using RBC for a while now and it's amazing, thanks!

One thing though, how do I disable the prompt if I want to start my games from scratch or from save states (I'm using the emulators built in) so I just want the game to start directly.

And another question, since SNES covers are "lying down" and NES covers are "standing up" (lame ass description, couldn't think of any other way to describe it) is it possible to set different views for different rom collections, I can't find one that looks good on both.

Using Aeon Nox 3.0.0 btw.

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-05-21

Hello Zippo,

Regarding your second question. I think the laying down and standing up thing is skin specific. This works perfectly in AEON MQ3. So I think you might want to contact BigNoid for this. However, I personally still thought the laying down covers did not look good, so I mass converted my cover shots for the SNES, rotating them 90 degrees so they are also standing up :-) But that is a matter of personal taste, I guess ...

Good luck,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-05-21

e2zippo Wrote:One thing though, how do I disable the prompt if I want to start my games from scratch or from save states (I'm using the emulators built in) so I just want the game to start directly.
So, are you using savestates with RCB? If not, just leave "Savestate path", "Savestate file mask" and "Savestate params" empty in RCB configuration.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 10:23)st graveyard Wrote: Hello Zippo,

Regarding your second question. I think the laying down and standing up thing is skin specific. This works perfectly in AEON MQ3. So I think you might want to contact BigNoid for this. However, I personally still thought the laying down covers did not look good, so I mass converted my cover shots for the SNES, rotating them 90 degrees so they are also standing up :-) But that is a matter of personal taste, I guess ...

Good luck,
Grave

Thanks, just had a look in MQ3 and it looks great just like you said, I'll report it to BigNoid and see what they can do about it Smile

Although I think I prefer my SNES covers to be horizontal Wink

Cheers!

(2012-05-21, 12:39)malte Wrote:
e2zippo Wrote:One thing though, how do I disable the prompt if I want to start my games from scratch or from save states (I'm using the emulators built in) so I just want the game to start directly.
So, are you using savestates with RCB? If not, just leave "Savestate path", "Savestate file mask" and "Savestate params" empty in RCB configuration.

No I'm not Smile

Ah, so that's the way to do it, just leave them empty, will try that out, thanks malte for an amazing addon!

Another thing.. I had a quick look at the future plans for RBC and it looked like multi disk games would be supported, I'm guessing it doesn't work now, for instance, I was thinking about adding XEBRA as a PSX emulator, but since a lot of games have several disks, like FF7, FF9, how would that work?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - BigRed - 2012-05-21

NEED HELP!!!

I have had no problems with RCB until I tried setting up for N64. I was having problems loading games with project64 through XBMC. It was fine playing outside of XBMC, but when loading from the RCB it had an error. I read that I should change the "%ROMS%" to %ROMS%. When I did this everything went to hell. Now RCB will not load and I get a script failed message. I tried to change it back to "%ROMS%" but I cannot even get into the addon to do so. I even tried to reinstall, but that had no change. Please help!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 14:52)BigRed Wrote: NEED HELP!!!

I have had no problems with RCB until I tried setting up for N64. I was having problems loading games with project64 through XBMC. It was fine playing outside of XBMC, but when loading from the RCB it had an error. I read that I should change the "%ROMS%" to %ROMS%. When I did this everything went to hell. Now RCB will not load and I get a script failed message. I tried to change it back to "%ROMS%" but I cannot even get into the addon to do so. I even tried to reinstall, but that had no change. Please help!
Please check the xbmc.log file. Usually there is just one wrong setting in the config.xml that can be fixed easily. If you have problems to get the correct hint from the log file just follow these steps and show me the log file.