Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pantherts - 2012-06-14

Hey malte,

Quick question about MAME artwork. All of my MAME "artwork" (NOT cabinets, flyers, snaps, titles, etc.) are in .zip format, each with it's respective default.lay file. Is RCB configured to open those zips up and see the artwork inside of them? If not, is this something that would be beneficial to add to RCB? Would the images being in a zip slow down the way RCB is loading images when opening a ROM collection? Thanks!

-pantherts

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - hikaricore - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-06, 20:29)pantherts Wrote: I usually see the error message 'First 10 games could not be added' or something similar to that pop-up and it will ask me if I would like to continue. That's the message that has gotten on my nerves a few times when trying to add a very large collection to the database. Is this similar to what you're seeing?

Any progress on this? I know I asked the same question myself about 8 months ago. >.>

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-15

pantherts Wrote:Quick question about MAME artwork. All of my MAME "artwork" (NOT cabinets, flyers, snaps, titles, etc.) are in .zip format, each with it's respective default.lay file. Is RCB configured to open those zips up and see the artwork inside of them? If not, is this something that would be beneficial to add to RCB? Would the images being in a zip slow down the way RCB is loading images when opening a ROM collection?
No, I don't think this is possible. Even if I would implement some logic inside RCB to support this there will be no way to tell XBMC how to display the images.

(2012-06-14, 22:11)hikaricore Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 20:29)pantherts Wrote: I usually see the error message 'First 10 games could not be added' or something similar to that pop-up and it will ask me if I would like to continue. That's the message that has gotten on my nerves a few times when trying to add a very large collection to the database. Is this similar to what you're seeing?
Any progress on this? I know I asked the same question myself about 8 months ago. >.>
Yes, it stepped up on my todo listSmile.

Sorry, it is still not there but several people requested this in the last weeks so I will implement it in next or overnext release for sure.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pantherts - 2012-06-15

For those of you looking for a quick fix for the error message 'First 10 games could not be added' error message, please give the attached files a try. This is only a temporary fix and should not be considered as a permanent solution as a future update to RCB will most likely cause the code to revert and the patch will no longer work. I've implemented this on version 1.04 only and it should probably not be tried on any other version. It should allow the error to only appear ONCE. You then have the option to 'Continue', 'Continue and Ignore Errors', or 'Cancel'. Please follow the directions below to implement the fix. Thank you.

1. Download the patch file here: IgnoreOnErrorPatch
2. Browse to C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib
3. Create a backup of dbupdate.py and dbupdate.pyo
4. Unzip files from patch into directory.
5. Give it a try and if a rom collection does present the 'First 10 games error' it should ask you what you'd like to do.

This is most certainly only a temporary fix as malte noted that this issue was being moved up in priority. If anyone tries this out, please let me know how it works. Thanks.

-pantherts

EDIT: This patch has been updated as of 2:24pm EST 6/15/2012. Please grab the new one at the same link above. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-15

@pantherts: Thanks again for your patch. I will include it soon.

I already checked your previous patch: good job! I just have to do one little fix (support regular expressions when searching for the disc indicator) and then I will include it in the next release.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pantherts - 2012-06-15

This patch wasn't as elegant as the last one so I'm not sure if it's going to work in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't able to test it as well as I would have liked to so keep that in mind. Thanks!

About the 'First 10' patch I posted above. Sorry but I realized a problem with my select dialog after I had published the patch. Please grab the file again if you already pulled it down. I was able to spare a few moments today to test this out a bit more thoroughly and everything should be working now.

Continue: Continues scraping the games and will prompt you again on the very next error encountered.
Continue and Ignore Errors: Continues scraping the games and will not prompt you again for the rest of the import process.
Cancel: Cancels all importing and exits the scraping process.

Thanks,
pantherts

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - hikaricore - 2012-06-15

Thanks a million. Smile

(2012-06-15, 19:45)hikaricore Wrote: Thanks a million. Smile

Sorry, just realized I left a debugging test in the previous version! UGH. Please grab the files again from the post above and replace yours. Once again, very sorry for this. I have GOT to be more careful when quickly testing this stuff. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - hikaricore - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-15, 20:23)pantherts Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 19:45)hikaricore Wrote: Thanks a million. Smile

Sorry, just realized I left a debugging test in the previous version! UGH. Please grab the files again from the post above and replace yours. Once again, very sorry for this. I have GOT to be more careful when quickly testing this stuff. Thanks!

Thanks, I actually hadn't even gotten around to trying it yet. Was messing around with mame wondering why its sound output was so much lower than anything else on my system. ^_^

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Aubrien - 2012-06-15

So am I the only one who has compiled against the xbmc master and realized that there is no longer any sound in emulators when xbmc is running since the new audio engine puts a resource lock on the sound card? When xbmc runs by itself sound works, when emulators run by themselves sound works, but when using rcb to launch an emulator the audio device is busy since xbmc grabbed it already. I'm running under Linux.Without a fix then this addon as well as advanced launcher is pretty much broken.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-15, 21:43)Aubrien Wrote: So am I the only one who has compiled against the xbmc master and realized that there is no longer any sound in emulators when xbmc is running since the new audio engine puts a resource lock on the sound card? When xbmc runs by itself sound works, when emulators run by themselves sound works, but when using rcb to launch an emulator the audio device is busy since xbmc grabbed it already. I'm running under Linux.Without a fix then this addon as well as advanced launcher is pretty much broken.
Sorry, I did not yet update to pre-Frodo so I could not test it. One way around would be to use solo mode. Not sure if XBMC will release ressources when it is just killed. Another way would be to try to quit xbmc via jsonrpc instead of killing it (as described here). In the next release of RCB it should be possible to use this way to quit XBMC without issues. But I don't know if this will solve your sound issue.

If this is a general problem with the new audio engine we should open a trac ticket so that the devs may have a look at it. But launching external programs is not the most important feature of XBMC. So I would not expect them to do bigger changes to get this working again.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Angelscry - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-15, 21:43)Aubrien Wrote: So am I the only one who has compiled against the xbmc master and realized that there is no longer any sound in emulators when xbmc is running since the new audio engine puts a resource lock on the sound card? When xbmc runs by itself sound works, when emulators run by themselves sound works, but when using rcb to launch an emulator the audio device is busy since xbmc grabbed it already. I'm running under Linux.Without a fix then this addon as well as advanced launcher is pretty much broken.
Following your post I have tested Advanced Launcher with the last git versions of XBMC for Linux (20120615) and Windows (20120615) system. For both systems by keeping the old XBMC audio parameters we effectively obtain no sound from started applications. But, by changing the XBMC audio parameters, I was able to obtain again sound of started applications. If it work for Advanced Launcher , there is no reason that it will not work with RCB. There is nothing broken, just some XBMC audio parameters to change.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-12, 17:32)malte Wrote:
e2zippo Wrote:Edit: XBMC stopped responding is the correct term for that happened, and I just had a look at your TODO list and saw this

"bug: Interface Lockup when rapidly switching consoles" so I guess that must be it?
Yes, it seems to be this error. I still did not find a solution for it, but i did not have the time to look deeper into it.

e2zippo Wrote:Edit: tried rescraping a single game using the "Rescrape Game" and then Interactive: Select Matches but get no prompt whatsoever, the collection just reloads and the game still isn't recognized.
In fact, interactive mode doesn't seem to work at all?
I will check if there is an error with this option while rescraping single games. The interactive mode will only show you options if the scraper is able to find something on the scraped site. If there are no results, RCB can't suggest anything. What scraper are you using?

I'm using the default ones i guess, I don't select "change scrapers for this scan"

e2zippo Wrote:I've been trying to set up movies to show in RCB, but I can't get it to work.
It's all over very fast, I can't really see if the videos are imported.
And where are the videos supposed to be displayed, do I have to be in "information mode" or something, or should they just play when a game is selected?
Edit: Found out by your Youtube video that the vides are supposed to play in both the main window and the info window, but it does't play at all for me, even though both autoplay options are selected.

Can you show me your xbmc.log after you tried to import the games? Maybe I can see what is going on.

Sure, here's the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3733

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zxurian - 2012-06-17

so I'm working on getting my old roms working through xbmc and first up is getting rcb working properly.

I'm running XBMCBuntu Eden, latest stable release, installed both RCB & RCB service from the addons repository.
Went through the first time setup upon running it for the first time, however when it gets to the stage where it tries to import games, The screen fades out, the message appears on the bottom of "Import Games...", but nothing happens.

looking through the logs, I can see errors for RCB, but don't know how to solve them.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

XBMC Logs - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3739