Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - LAW-Mastermind - 2013-03-12

Hey malte, i have got a problem i'm using rcb 2.0.3 with frodo
Problem is, in solo mode when xbmc starts again no addon works at all
When is use non solo mode, xbmc doesn't go back to fullscreen

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Slipass - 2013-03-13

Hello,
i used the rcb 2.0.3 with snes9x, and windows xbox360 controller and Windows8.

How can i close the snes9x emulator with an controller?

I have try the tool xpadder. But when i map the button (for example) "select" from the controller with "Alt+F4" it es dangerous because when i press accidentally the button dobble, i close snes9x and xbmc.

It is possible to config xpadder as follows: for example: when i press "select + start" button on the controller. Or when i press and hold the select button for 10sec.?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - LAW-Mastermind - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-12, 22:56)LAW-Mastermind Wrote: Hey malte, i have got a problem i'm using rcb 2.0.3 with frodo
Just for the record, i'm on windows 7 x64

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-03-13

hey malte!

I'm not sure what has happened with my RCB setup, I'm using Aeon Nox 4.

These are the issues I'm having.

*Videos don't work (in the log it looks like it's trying to play a jpg file, even though the video path is correct)
*Can't start games from Widget
*Can't start games from game information screen

I tried playing videos in Confluence as well, and it's the same there I might add.

A assume most of these issues has to do with Aeon Nox, and I tried posting it in their thread, but as usual, I didn't get any reply.
There's more RCB related stuff that can be improved, for instance.

*Some widget view's don't use OAR on the covers, which make them look weird
https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D6085304_8215135_6002070
*The text, describing the game isn't complete.
https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D6085304_8215135_6002946
*Only one view is OAR when you're in RCB, "Infowall", the others aren't, which make the covers look crap.
https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D6085304_8215135_6002939

I realize this is out of your control and don't actually have anything to do with RCB, but I thought that you maybe could forward this to the Aeon Nox team, maybe they'll listen to you Smile Sorry Blush

They obviously care about RCB since they implemented a widget for it.

Here's the log containing the errors

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4099

Btw: i tried to reset RCB and start all over but even though i deleted the entire folder and readded it, all settings were still there, even though I'd prefer not to start all over, how do I do it?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-13, 10:09)Slipass Wrote: Hello,
i used the rcb 2.0.3 with snes9x, and windows xbox360 controller and Windows8.

How can i close the snes9x emulator with an controller?

I have try the tool xpadder. But when i map the button (for example) "select" from the controller with "Alt+F4" it es dangerous because when i press accidentally the button dobble, i close snes9x and xbmc.

It is possible to config xpadder as follows: for example: when i press "select + start" button on the controller. Or when i press and hold the select button for 10sec.?

I can help here. First off, I always use the button that is pressing the right joystick down (straight down). That's pretty tricky to accidentally double-tap.

However if you want to add a delay in your action... open your profile in xpadder and click on the button you want to assign alt+f4 to. click the "Avanced" button in the bottom right. Here you can build a more sophisticated command. In this new window, press and release Alt. Then press and release F4. Now click the yellow box (Release Zone). Then, click the blue square ("Add Pause"). By default it will add a 0.10 sec pause... but if you click on the box that appears up top, you can then use the timer at the bottom to adjust this duration. After that,... your command is done! Same as how you had it, but with a pause added. If it doesnt work, try adding the pause before the release of alt+f4....

Ok so I came on here for help on my own issue Smile I'm trying to scrape MAME info using the offline method outlined here. I followed all of the directions precisely.

However, when I finally perform the import process, the progress bar jumps immediately to 98% and reads "building file list..." It stays like this for a couple minutes, then no games get scraped. My roms are all in .zip files, and have not been renamed since downloading.

Any thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-15

*EDIT: Got it to work with Kega.

Has anyone successfully set-up Sega CD with RetroArch?

I know I originally listed my set-up for Sega CD a couple of pages back, but I realized that I had not successfully set it up. I spent all day doing battle and I am having a hard time with it. I am against installing a Virtua CD Drive app, so I would like to avoid doing that. Any hints, tips, suggested working set-ups would be helpful.

Re: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-03-15

Sega CD works for me with kega fusion. I don't load the games via a virtual CD, instead I open the via kega directly... have you tried doing this?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-15

Yes, I am able to open (Load SegaCD Image) directly from Kega... and point it to the .bin file. I temporarily unzipped a couple of ROMs (Dragon's Lair & Mortal Combat - I don't think the Mortal Combat works) to test locally without RCB first.

It looks like something isn't working with RCB trying to unzip the .bin from the .zip. I monitor the tmp directory and nothing appears.

Do you have your set already unzipped?

When I try with RCB, RCB prompts me to select the image file, I select the .bin and then nothing happens. I think I need to post a log for malte as I am probably doing something wrong. My EMU PARAMS are:
-fullscreen "%rom%"

Do I need a different commandline since it is a CD Image? I borrowed the commandline from Adv Launcher's wiki for Sega CD

XBMC log is throwing this out when I try to launch Dragon's Lair
Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', "C:\\Users\\dondi\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.games.rom.collection.browser\\tmp\\Dragon's Lair (USA) (DW0210)/Dragon's Lair (USA) (DW0210).bin")

*EDIT: Got it to work, see posts below. Hey malte, I uploaded a log here. I put RCB in DEBUG.

Having problems with a Sega CD ROM set. I select the .bin from the .zip, but the .bin never gets extracted to the tmp directory. This is on my dev machine. I am pretty sure I am current with the RCB versions (I hope you can confirm by looking at the log).

I had to manually re-zip the two test archives.
The native set came as .RAR. Any possibility to support .RAR? I even tried launching with the extracted RAR, setting FOLDER NAME as GAME NAME and setting the ROM type as .bin. That didn't work (not reflected in the DEBUG log though).

Aaaaarrrrghh... nevermind. Disregard my previous posts regarding Sega CD & Fusion. I just got it to work by looking at my post.

Here was the clue:
\\tmp\\Dragon's Lair (USA) (DW0210)/Dragon's Lair (USA) (DW0210).bin

When I re-zipped, I should not have zipped the folder. Instead I should have re-zipped from inside the folder. I think the path above confused the unzipping process of the .bin by RCB into the temp folder.

I just re-zipped the contents and tested. It worked. Arrrrrrgh!! Sorry guys

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-03-16

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Hey malte, i have got a problem i'm using rcb 2.0.3 with frodo
Can't reproduce both of these issues. Can you show me a log file after this happens?

e2zippo Wrote:*Videos don't work (in the log it looks like it's trying to play a jpg file, even though the video path is correct)

I tried playing videos in Confluence as well, and it's the same there I might add.
Videos work fine for me with Confluence skin. In your log file it looks like the videos are interpreted as fanart. Maybe there happened something with your artwork type ids. Did you make manual changes to config.xml? Can you upload your config.xml and Mygames.db somewhere so that I can check what is going on?

e2zippo Wrote:*Can't start games from Widget
This works for me. Make sure that you use latest version of RCB (2.0.3) and current git version of Aeon Nox. I think it does not yet work with current Aeon Nox version in XBMC repo.

e2zippo Wrote:*Can't start games from game information screen
Same here. Its a bug in RCB. Thanks for reporting.

e2zippo Wrote:I realize this is out of your control and don't actually have anything to do with RCB, but I thought that you maybe could forward this to the Aeon Nox team, maybe they'll listen to you Sorry

They obviously care about RCB since they implemented a widget for it.
Yes, in general they do but I guess they have a lot of other things on their list right now. I still have to do some tests on my own and will contact them.

e2zippo Wrote:Btw: i tried to reset RCB and start all over but even though i deleted the entire folder and readded it, all settings were still there, even though I'd prefer not to start all over, how do I do it?
You just need to delete or rename config.xml, settings.xml and MyGames.db from RCBs userdata folder (XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser).

altoiddealer Wrote:However, when I finally perform the import process, the progress bar jumps immediately to 98% and reads "building file list..." It stays like this for a couple minutes, then no games get scraped. My roms are all in .zip files, and have not been renamed since downloading.
Can you show me a log of thie import?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dohnalradek - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-05, 19:19)dohnalradek Wrote: Hi.
I try to start work with RCB, but Im unable to run it. I have XBMCbuntu v.12. I install service.rom.collection.browser-1.0.0-1.zip and script.games.rom.collection.browser-1.1.2.zip via *. zip files (not from reposites). When I try to run RBC I got error message : "error: script failed! script.games.rom.collection.browser". Other program addon works ok...

My HW is core i3 3220T (graphic HD2500) with MB Gigabyte H77N-Wifi.

Can you help me please? Log fle is attached: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2401

Thanks!

Hi. I completely reinstall XBMC (now I've built it on Ubuntu 12.10). Install RBC and for the first time I run it without problem. Then I restart PC. But when I try to run RBC now, I get again only error message: "error: script failed! script.games.rom.collection.browser". Error message is a little bit different, but it till not work. I really dont know what can I do to work it ok.
Log file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4933 - line 1164

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-16, 12:18)malte Wrote:
altoiddealer Wrote:However, when I finally perform the import process, the progress bar jumps immediately to 98% and reads "building file list..." It stays like this for a couple minutes, then no games get scraped. My roms are all in .zip files, and have not been renamed since downloading.
Can you show me a log of thie import?

Here it is!

Many thanks in advance

Unrelated question: Is it possible to mod RCB to replace a filter? I would like to set a filter for MaxPlayers Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - LAW-Mastermind - 2013-03-17

@malte i'll give you a log asap it does not happen all the time sometimes it works as it should
Another thing, crysis 3 is not shown in the most played roms widget not in nox and not in ace

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pocster - 2013-03-18

Hey all!

New to this!
Got rom collection browser installed on frodo. Finds my rom's but when I execute xbmc.log reports:

14:29:06 T:2693901120 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)

What have I missed? :-)

EDIT: Not sure if this is correct!. But tried adding the browser service zip; got error 'update failed'. tried also installing latest version 2.0.3 (?) direct from zip - got dependencies not met.