Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dylanh724 - 2013-04-14

(2013-04-14, 10:00)malte Wrote:
jebathan Wrote:Thanks for the help. I ended up having to set the Disk indicator to "_Disk*." for files ending in _Disk#.iso
That showed the different disk numbers in the disk selection and launched the emulator with the proper disk.
"\(Disk*.\)" worked for me also when naming disks (Disk#).iso
Of course, you are right. Good that you sorted it out.

dylanh724 Wrote:there's gotta be a way to make them work on rpi ... i mean other distros can support it, why not this one
Yes, I am sure that it must be possible. But atm every user is reporting the same: XBMC is minimized to the upper left corner and then maximized again without launching the emulator. The emulators (retroarch for example) are working fine outside of XBMC/RCB.

Maybe there is something that I can do in RCBs code to make it work (that would be the easiest way), maybe something in XBMCs/Openelecs or the emulators config needs to be changed or (and that could be the worst case) something has to be changed in Openelecs code base.

My current time plan is to get current RCB release (2.0.6 or a bugfixed 2.0.7) in the official repo as soon as possible and then have a look at Android and RPi support. But as said above, it might happen that I am not able to solve this issue myself and have to ask others to have a look into this issue.

You are awesome! I hope you find a way, or others help you Wink And yes, I am experiencing the same issue with the top left corner and then back to normal.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - VinitAdhopia - 2013-04-14

Reposting as I didn't see a response. I am using Frodo, if that helps.

I'm new to RCB. I have 2 rom collections, NES and SNES. I was able to add my NES ROMs as a collection without issue. However, when I try adding my SNES collection, when it asks to browse to the emulator executable, the only path option available is my videos folder.

I thought I might try uninstalling and re-installing the add-on. I removed my NES collection, uninstalled the RCB add-on and then re-installed it. However, now I can't add any collections. I get stuck in the same way as described above, the screen to browse to the emulator executable only includes the videos folder as an option. So I have Rom Collection Browser, but it is unable to browse my collection of roms!

I've tried searching through the forum, but I can't seem to come up with meaningful enough search criteria to find anything relevant. There are a lot of posts here!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any logs I can provide? Any suggestions of things I can try?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-04-14

(2013-04-14, 17:44)VinitAdhopia Wrote: Reposting as I didn't see a response. I am using Frodo, if that helps.

I'm new to RCB. I have 2 rom collections, NES and SNES. I was able to add my NES ROMs as a collection without issue. However, when I try adding my SNES collection, when it asks to browse to the emulator executable, the only path option available is my videos folder.

I thought I might try uninstalling and re-installing the add-on. I removed my NES collection, uninstalled the RCB add-on and then re-installed it. However, now I can't add any collections. I get stuck in the same way as described above, the screen to browse to the emulator executable only includes the videos folder as an option. So I have Rom Collection Browser, but it is unable to browse my collection of roms!

I've tried searching through the forum, but I can't seem to come up with meaningful enough search criteria to find anything relevant. There are a lot of posts here!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any logs I can provide? Any suggestions of things I can try?

I believe malte answered this for you here. Try adding a path to your content using XBMC's file manager before opening RCB. Then, everything should be available to select. Is everything stored locally?? on a NAS?? other machine that you have given XBMC rights to??

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Scratch - 2013-04-14

Hi everyone. Big fan of this add on and thank you for all of your work. Everything I have done so far has worked perfectly. Loads runs plays whatever except for MAME. When I try to run a MAME roms, XBMC goes to half size, a CMD window opens, and an emulator window. Then everything exits back to XBMC. I have tried MAMEUI32 and I am currently trying MAME64. No idea I keep going in circles. MAME works when running it outside of XBMC. Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-15

Usually MAME roms do not launch from RCB when you do not set your rom path in mame.ini properly. Make sure that you set the full path to your roms in mame.ini and the path to your mame.ini in the emulator parameters like explained here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-15

dylanh724 Wrote:there's gotta be a way to make them work on rpi ... i mean other distros can support it, why not this one

Somebody at stmlabs forum seems to have found a solution. I did not yet try this myself but maybe it helps: link. Please report back if somebody is trying this out.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - stal2k - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 18:17)malte Wrote:

Somebody at stmlabs forum seems to have found a solution. I did not yet try this myself but maybe it helps: link. Please report back if somebody is trying this out.

Malte I was thinking since I know you get hounded about making this work for android, would this possibly be a good viable workaround in meantime..

Since we can already view a node of android apps, and a lot of people use external players as is. I assume e the groundwork is already there... OK here it goes

Would it be possible to go around all the scripting applaunch.sh solo mode blah blah and have rcb launch the ROM as if it were a video to xbmc? If so I'm thinking we could piggyback our emulators into players or factory.XML and make filename rules.. since xbmc can fire up mxplayer in android and point it to a file, same would work for emulators.. for example

I select super Mario brothers from rcb. Rcb then uses a playmedia call on the .nes file. The playercorefactory.XML says to launch com.androidemu.new for that "movie" xbmc closes and reoppens just as fluently as it does with an external player.

If that's not possible for whatever reason. Sorry I'm no python coder, just seemed like it could work from android side, and avoid you having to figure out a bunch of issues like it seems to have in pi and others. But hey if we didn't love your add on we wouldn't care!

Oh BTW retro arch is on market now. Handles everything but n64 and PSp

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rtzmb - 2013-04-16

Long time XBMC user, new to RCB here. I have some ROM collections added and all the info seems to scrape fine... but no matter what I do it won't display any of the games. I have a feeling I'm missing something stupidly obvious and I'm really at a loss Confused

I uploaded a log file here, and here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions, and apologies if anything is unclear!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-16

stal2k Wrote:I select super Mario brothers from rcb. Rcb then uses a playmedia call on the .nes file. The playercorefactory.XML says to launch com.androidemu.new for that "movie" xbmc closes and reoppens just as fluently as it does with an external player.

If that's not possible for whatever reason. Sorry I'm no python coder, just seemed like it could work from android side, and avoid you having to figure out a bunch of issues like it seems to have in pi and others. But hey if we didn't love your add on we wouldn't care!
It might work but even if, it could just be an intermediate solution. Playmedia (or any other derivates of play) is already used to launch games with XBMCs internal emulators in garbears RetroPlayer branch. I guess this might lead to confusion once this feature is integrated in XBMC.

But there must be a way to get this working as XBMC is already launching apps on Android. Would also be nice to have your Android games listed in RCB and be able to launch them. I hope that I will find the time to look at this soon.

rtzmb Wrote:but no matter what I do it won't display any of the games. I have a feeling I'm missing something stupidly obvious and I'm really at a loss
Looks like you have disabled the Show filter All Chars option. Atm RCB only shows you games that start with "0-9".

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rtzmb - 2013-04-16

I can't believe I missed that... everything is working perfectly now!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - stal2k - 2013-04-16

Quote:It might work but even if, it could just be an intermediate solution. Playmedia (or any other derivates of play) is already used to launch games with XBMCs internal emulators in garbears RetroPlayer branch. I guess this might lead to confusion once this feature is integrated in XBMC.

But there must be a way to get this working as XBMC is already launching apps on Android. Would also be nice to have your Android games listed in RCB and be able to launch them. I hope that I will find the time to look at this soon.

you know its funny you said that, as I just started playing with the retroplayer stuff. I've been very focused on android. I have an idea along those lines that should'nt require me to mess with RCB that much I'll play with it and report my results.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Scratch - 2013-04-19

Mame is still driving me crazy. Here is my Mame. ini file so far. XBMC exits, a command window opens and a third window opens. I can catch a glimps of the cmd window before it closes and it says I am missing files for the rom. The same rom runs fine outside of XBMC. Not sure what is missing. Adding the -inipath to the end of the rom path has gotten me a little closer. Rookie's

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-19

You mixed up the parameters.

In mame.ini it should just be:
Code:
rompath                   D:\games\mame32\mame\roms

Your emuparams in RCB should look like this:
Code:
-inipath "D:\games\mame32\mame" "%ROM%

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sagaopc - 2013-04-19

Anyone can help me?

I configured the gameboy advance games, but some boxfront are in the Japanese version, breaking the pattern of all other boxfront. And also because it has hack roms do not have the boxfront in the database.

Have problems with games two discs ... zip them and if I try to open the RCB crashes if I put the boxfront separated only appears on a disc only ...

This is one of the main reasons for having to manually edit the boxfront

another question: I'm using version 12.1 of XBMC and RCB is version 2.0.0. I tried to update but there's no option. I tried to install via ZIP and did not recognize, did not install. This version is compatible with 12.1 or will I have to upgrade to 12.2?

Well, Thank you for your attention. Anyone who can help I will be very grateful!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - n1md4 - 2013-04-21

Hi. I'm having good success with most emulators, there's some choppy sound here and there, and the PS3 controller isn't perfect, but most of all it's good fun -- I'll iron out the bumps later.

But, I do have an issue with PCSX2 (Linux). When I launch a game (I have a BIOS set) I get a white screen, which i assume should be playing video, I can hear the audio though. Is this a common issue, and any ideas how to fix it?