Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-05-25

NewYears1978 Wrote:Yes you are correct..Solo mode in MQ4 -it's not a huge problem more an annoyance..any way to correct it?
Only by editing the skin files and adding a dummy control with this id. But I don't know where you have to add it (and no time to search for it, sorry).

NewYears1978 Wrote:Do you have a list of which Skins have working video display in RCB and not just in trailer mode ( in MQ4 on one mode the video plays or each rom as you browse..automatically..I like this)
It is only my default Confluence and Aeon MQ3/4 I guess. What is trailer mode?

NewYears1978 Wrote:I tried editing launcher.py and changed the launch line for applaunch-vbs.bat to applaunch-vbs.vbs, I then made a file applaunch-vbs.vbs with this

It seemed to launch it but a cmd window pops up and I am kicked back to XBMC. Any ideas?
Does it work when you launch it outside of XBMC/RCB? Maybe you can add pause or MsgBox statements to "debug" the script.

sno1k Wrote:Is there any simple way to select artwork when importing games from online? Scrapper grabs only first image and it's not always the best one.
Sorry, no. I always had in mind to implement it but until now it did not happen.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ashton - 2013-05-25

I've been having this issue for quite a while. I'm unable to get through config wizard since everytime i get to path only thing i'm able to select is my disc drive.
I'm using newest windows version 12.2 frodo + ace skin. It happened in earlier version as well with a different skin, but i've made clean reinstall since then.

As for plugin version i'm using the one that's available through default xbmc repository.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-05-26

XBMC was not restarting when launching a the saturn emulator SSF with the VB scripts in win7 x64, I think this has something to do with SSF being launched via a batch file. This is the batch file I'm using now:

Code:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

"c:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount dt,0, "%~1"

cd /d "c:\emulation\emulators\SSF"

"c:\emulation\emulators\SSF\SSF.exe"

"c:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount dt, 0

set XBMCLaunchCmd="C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

cscript //B //Nologo "%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\scriptfiles\LaunchXBMC.vbs" %XBMCLaunchCmd%

Edit the batch file to suit and point RCB to the batch file for the emulator, everything else is done as usual.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - djR3Z - 2013-05-26

(2013-05-25, 20:58)ashton Wrote: I've been having this issue for quite a while. I'm unable to get through config wizard since everytime i get to path only thing i'm able to select is my disc drive.
I'm using newest windows version 12.2 frodo + ace skin. It happened in earlier version as well with a different skin, but i've made clean reinstall since then.

As for plugin version i'm using the one that's available through default xbmc repository.

Go into your XBMC file manager and add your emulator and rom folders as sources.

I'm trying to change the skin but the setting doesn't seem to take. I change it in the add on settings but the GUI still looks the same. Am I missing something?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blinken - 2013-05-28

I have about 1500 roms that I've downloaded for all the games sitting in the boxes in my attic, however nine times out of ten RCB will freeze after getting to around 1200 roms loaded in the list.

Is the program not designed for this many roms? It was working perfectly before, but I recently updraded to 12.2 and 2.0.6 and now this is my problem. Is there any reason in particular that the list would repeatedly freeze (I'm sick of CTRL ALT DLTing)

Any help would be great.

EDIT: It doesn't freeze nine times out of ten. When I restart my computer it will load the list perfectly the first time, but every time after that it will freeze and I need to restart my computer to access the list again. Is this some sort of caching issue? I'm not very technically inclined so again, thanks for any help in advance.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it is completely random as to when it will successfully load the list and when it won't.

Edit 3: I removed all the folders containing my roms and the list loads perfectly now. There must be a conflict with all the stored data. How is RCB loading all the box art when the box art is stored with the ROMS? I see that all the box art is also stored in my userdata folder with all my movie data, why would it create all the folders within my game folders like boxfront boxback etc, then also store data within my regular userdate folder? It seems the crash is directly related to the data being in two separate places. Any thoughts?

EDIT 4: It seems RCB doesn't use any of the data stored within the boxfront, boxback etc folders, it is only using the thumbnail information stored within the userdata, thumbnail folder. Is there a way to tell the program to use the other folders instead?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-28, 08:33)blinken Wrote: I have about 1500 roms that I've downloaded for all the games sitting in the boxes in my attic, however nine times out of ten RCB will freeze after getting to around 1200 roms loaded in the list.

Is the program not designed for this many roms? It was working perfectly before, but I recently updraded to 12.2 and 2.0.6 and now this is my problem. Is there any reason in particular that the list would repeatedly freeze (I'm sick of CTRL ALT DLTing)

Any help would be great.

EDIT: It doesn't freeze nine times out of ten. When I restart my computer it will load the list perfectly the first time, but every time after that it will freeze and I need to restart my computer to access the list again. Is this some sort of caching issue? I'm not very technically inclined so again, thanks for any help in advance.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it is completely random as to when it will successfully load the list and when it won't.

Edit 3: I removed all the folders containing my roms and the list loads perfectly now. There must be a conflict with all the stored data. How is RCB loading all the box art when the box art is stored with the ROMS? I see that all the box art is also stored in my userdata folder with all my movie data, why would it create all the folders within my game folders like boxfront boxback etc, then also store data within my regular userdate folder? It seems the crash is directly related to the data being in two separate places. Any thoughts?

EDIT 4: It seems RCB doesn't use any of the data stored within the boxfront, boxback etc folders, it is only using the thumbnail information stored within the userdata, thumbnail folder. Is there a way to tell the program to use the other folders instead?

XBMC caches all images, I had this issue if you look a few posts back.. What I did was get my art ready to go then delete the cache database file, readd all my collections with the lists. The downside is deleting the cache will remove movie images and such too..not the actual images but the cached image..so they'll have to load back in before things because normal/fast again.

I can't remember the file to delete..look for my posts a few page back I think it was textures.db in the userdata folders somewhere.

Oh..I mention loading from a list...this is parsing instead of online scraping...this might solve your other freeze issues too..try it..also a link to that on my previous post.

See here about game desc lists (offline scraping) http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/UseOfflineGameDescriptions

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blinken - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 00:37)NewYears1978 Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 08:33)blinken Wrote: I have about 1500 roms that I've downloaded for all the games sitting in the boxes in my attic, however nine times out of ten RCB will freeze after getting to around 1200 roms loaded in the list.

Any help would be great.

XBMC caches all images, I had this issue if you look a few posts back.. What I did was get my art ready to go then delete the cache database file, readd all my collections with the lists. The downside is deleting the cache will remove movie images and such too..not the actual images but the cached image..so they'll have to load back in before things because normal/fast again.

I can't remember the file to delete..look for my posts a few page back I think it was textures.db in the userdata folders somewhere.

Oh..I mention loading from a list...this is parsing instead of online scraping...this might solve your other freeze issues too..try it..also a link to that on my previous post.

See here about game desc lists (offline scraping) http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/UseOfflineGameDescriptions

Thanks for the help, I guess I will have to restart everything from scratch as even doing it this way freezes the program. It's FUBAR. Unfortunately I'm past my measly bandwidth allowance for this month so will have to wait a few days before starting over and downloading gigabytes of thumbnails.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-05-29

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am trying to setup the kega fusion sega emulator, and everythings working except roms dont appear to be loading.

The file type they are in is a 7z, i also extracted them and they were .md filetype, I cant seem to get them working, advanced launcher perameter page mentions zips or bins, so I am not sure what I should do?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blinken - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 03:13)Ghostdivision Wrote: I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am trying to setup the kega fusion sega emulator, and everythings working except roms dont appear to be loading.

The file type they are in is a 7z, i also extracted them and they were .md filetype, I cant seem to get them working, advanced launcher perameter page mentions zips or bins, so I am not sure what I should do?

You don't need to use the advanced launcher, just make sure you have the right parameters set for the file type, e.g., *.7z, *.md

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-05-29

NewYears1978 Wrote:I tried editing launcher.py and changed the launch line for applaunch-vbs.bat to applaunch-vbs.vbs, I then made a file applaunch-vbs.vbs with this

It seemed to launch it but a cmd window pops up and I am kicked back to XBMC. Any ideas?
Does it work when you launch it outside of XBMC/RCB? Maybe you can add pause or MsgBox statements to "debug" the script.

No it doesn't work outside either...my problem is I am not a programmer I have no clue what I am doing..I often figure stuff out from trial and error..but not having luck here. This is the last thing on my XBMC setup I have yet to get working.

Could you possible just add a command line or something to make the cmd window launch minimized?

I never could get any of my ideas to work.. Sad
(my links to Live TV and Netflix in WIndows media center) but when I try adding a .lnk file to launcher.py when I run it a box pops up and closes...I dunno what is happening since I cant see it.

BTW which applaunch files are the RIGHT ones to edit I see them in multiple locations and notice they always get copied when run.

I guess I could make a shortcut for applaunch.bat then set it to run minimized then have the launcher.py point to the shortcut? <---tried that won't work either. This is the method I used to get my other things working without command boxes

(2013-05-29, 01:34)blinken Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 00:37)NewYears1978 Wrote:

Any help would be great.

Thanks for the help, I guess I will have to restart everything from scratch as even doing it this way freezes the program. It's FUBAR. Unfortunately I'm past my measly bandwidth allowance for this month so will have to wait a few days before starting over and downloading gigabytes of thumbnails.

What I did was get my own pics and info using the art downloaders on Emumovies.com and the Hyperspin website. It automatically names them right..for No intro rom sets. Then you just put them with your roms where you want the art...then use the game desc lists for the data. This worked out flawless for me...

Before trying that I had many issues with scrapers like you.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-26, 20:18)djR3Z Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 20:58)ashton Wrote: I've been having this issue for quite a while. I'm unable to get through config wizard since everytime i get to path only thing i'm able to select is my disc drive.

Go into your XBMC file manager and add your emulator and rom folders as sources.

I also wanted to request for the author if possible to allow us to select network drives ourselves during setup like with movies or music if thats at all possible? When I first setup rcb i could not figure out why I could not select my network drives, just a suggestion.

(2013-05-29, 03:30)blinken Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 03:13)Ghostdivision Wrote: I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am trying to setup the kega fusion sega emulator, and everythings working except roms dont appear to be loading.

You don't need to use the advanced launcher, just make sure you have the right parameters set for the file type, e.g., *.7z, *.md

Thanks, hmmm its still not working though, does anyone know if their are any issues with playing roms over the network with the fusion emulator?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-05-29

Just thought I'd share something I did the other day - its real obvious now that I look back on it, I can't believe it took me so long to do!. I dual boot Openelec for media and windows7 for gaming, with all my games and emulators artwork in sub folders in the one folder. In windows I pointed the screensaver add on to the artwork directory and now when xbmc is idle it displays images from all the games and emulators that has been scraped online by RCB and ALA. Very cool Big Grin

I also want to ask for whatever reason I no longer see with rcb the option to download all artwork during the inital setup and scrapping? How do i scrape all the artwork? Is their a download all artwork option? All im getting is front boxart during setup and import, when I setup emu's a few months ago it gave me the option during setup to add all the artwork (cartridge, fanart, ect..)

Actually got it working guess you cant have roms on a separate network location with this emulator. Still curious how in these latest release of rcb how i can get all the artwork scrapped instead of just boxart?

(2013-05-29, 05:44)Ghostdivision Wrote: Actually got it working guess you cant have roms on a separate network location with this emulator. Still curious how in these latest release of rcb how i can get all the artwork scrapped instead of just boxart?

If you go into RCB settings you can change what you want to scrape. You can add boxfront, back, cartridge, screenshots, etc. You need to go into addons > RCB to do this, not the options within the program itself.