Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-19, 22:14){{INX}} Wrote: Also is it possible to hide the mouse when an emulator loads?

I use eventghost to automatically move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen with the following mouse cursor set

http://www.rw-designer.com/cursor-set/smalldot

I've also disabled all delays in the RCB settings and applaunch.bat file.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - {{INX}} - 2013-08-20

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phyzical - 2013-08-21

hey, me again.

ALMOST setup how i want it Smile.

only issue is i have RunScript("script.games.rom.collection.browser") binded to a key, when i launch xbmc and press the keybind it will launch and display the rom collection browser. Only issue is that if i use another keybind which uses ActivateWindow(), then try and use the RunScript() command it does not reload up/launch the rom collection browser?

i have also tried the RunAddon() no difference, if i use the runScript() then press esc then use the ActivateWindow() then use the RunScript() again this will work. Only this would not be ideal as i would be using the keybind on my Logitech remote on the couch and having to press esc every time i decide to watch a show is not perfect Sad.

is there a way of binding rom collection browser to close with all my activate windows in the keyboard layout? or is there another command that can be used to lead up a certain addon that i have not stumbled across?

edit: turns out if i use the activatewindow() straight out of the addon i cant even get back into the addon?? it just does nothing, disabling and enabling the addon doesnt fix it i have to re-launch xbmc to fix problem hmm.

edit2: scanning through pages of this hugeeeee ass thread at random ive come to understand that the best possible way around this at the moment is to bind a key to the remote for alt-f4 for exiting roms and esc to exit the rcb, if ive missed something to make this easier pleassse let us know Smile might try and see if i can rebind the emulators button so esc exits the emulators that way only one button is required just not sure if this is possible.
(not possible)
thanks in advance

No Sound when launching Amnesia Dark Descent - denz13 - 2013-08-21

Hi All!

RCB is a great add-on thanks for putting it together!

I'm having a small issue though, with one game in particular - Amnesia - Dark Descent.

When launching the game from within RCB I have no sound, however opening it via Windows explorer works fine. I launch other games from within RCB without a problem, has anyone else experienced this issue?

I've tried switching between sound outputs in game and checked that the volume is turned up for Amnesia on the Windows volume mixer. I've also tried the solo mode option from RCB config options Very strange...

Mobo: A75-ITX
CPU/GPU: A6-3500

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Skipp2k - 2013-08-24

(2013-08-17, 02:21)teeedubb Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 20:13)Skipp2k Wrote: Thanks at the moment this works fine, it would be nice if I could have Daphne for platform name instead of windows...Smile

Why does Windows not ask for a emulator but Windows 3.1 and Dos does? Anyway can I change the code so that I can create my own Game platforms?

Anyway thanks for a great plugin malte, apart from Daphne all my other emulators work great.

Ive found a old config.xml file and this is how I used to launch *.bat as ROM's. I now use a bat file as emulatorCmd and rom path is the actual iso

Quote: <RomCollection id="10" name="SEGA Saturn">
<emulatorCmd>explorer</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
<romPath>E:\emulation\roms\saturn\*.bat</romPath>
<saveStatePath />

@phs989: The xbmcbuntu desktop has a terminal program available in the application menu called UXTerm.

Sorry for not getting back sooner, been busy, anyway thanks teeedubb that old config file worked perfect. Now I have daphne running from RCB.

Thanks again Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Bigby - 2013-08-25

I haven't used RCB in some time, but would like to try it out again for the Xbox platform. I gather the latest versions do not work on Xbox, so I have been trying out the older versions.

RCB v1.0.5 seems to be the last that works for Xbox. Is this correct?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-08-29

I'm having an issue trying to launch PS1 games using PCSX-R.

None of the configurations/paths from the emulator are being taken into account when launching~ I get some memory card errors and bios error, amongst many other issues. The emulator runs perfectly fine through its gui

I'm using the launch cmd "-nogui -cdfile "%ROM%""

I read in an earlier post about using a .bat file to correct this but there were no specifics. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-29, 00:43)altoiddealer Wrote: I'm having an issue trying to launch PS1 games using PCSX-R.

None of the configurations/paths from the emulator are being taken into account when launching~ I get some memory card errors and bios error, amongst many other issues. The emulator runs perfectly fine through its gui

I'm using the launch cmd "-nogui -cdfile "%ROM%""

I read in an earlier post about using a .bat file to correct this but there were no specifics. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You probably need to run pcsxr from the directory it is in by cd'ing into that directory then running the emulator. I have posted a bat file I use forr ssf, link below, that could easily be modified for psx. Have you tried using mednafen for psx emulation? I've found it to be the best there is, although its file support isn't as comprehensive as others.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115&pid=1429511#pid1429511

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-08-29

Thanks! Appreciate the quick response! I checked out your post and it looks like I should be able to figure it out... or might need to have a detail or two clarified

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-08-29

You need lines 3 + 4. Maybe the last line if you are using the vbs method of launching the emulators. The rest is for mounting images as ssf doesn't use images which you don't need as pcsxr can launch disc images. "%~1" will replace "ROM" in your command example above that will be in the batch file.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-08-29

Haohmaru Wrote:Thanks but sadly the delay didn't had any effect. Any other possible solutions? :-)
Only other solution that comes to my mind is to switch in XBMC between true fullscreen and fullscreen window. But this may also affect video quality in general.

phyzical Wrote:edit: turns out if i use the activatewindow() straight out of the addon i cant even get back into the addon?? it just does nothing, disabling and enabling the addon doesnt fix it i have to re-launch xbmc to fix problem hmm.

edit2: scanning through pages of this hugeeeee ass thread at random ive come to understand that the best possible way around this at the moment is to bind a key to the remote for alt-f4 for exiting roms and esc to exit the rcb, if ive missed something to make this easier pleassse let us know Smile might try and see if i can rebind the emulators button so esc exits the emulators that way only one button is required just not sure if this is possible.
This is a known issue. RCB needs to be closed via esc. Otherwise other programs (and also RCB itself) won't launch again. I did not yet find out why this happens and if this is a bug in RCB or a limitation of scripts in general.

denz13 Wrote:I'm having a small issue though, with one game in particular - Amnesia - Dark Descent.

When launching the game from within RCB I have no sound, however opening it via Windows explorer works fine. I launch other games from within RCB without a problem, has anyone else experienced this issue?
Sorry, never heard of such an issue before.

Bigby Wrote:I haven't used RCB in some time, but would like to try it out again for the Xbox platform. I gather the latest versions do not work on Xbox, so I have been trying out the older versions.

RCB v1.0.5 seems to be the last that works for Xbox. Is this correct?
Long time ago that I tested RCB on Xbox. I did not remove the Xbox code that tries to launch games on Xbox, so all in all it could still work with current releases. But I also did not maintain the code and did not test it with current releases of XBMC4Xbox. So, I am quite sure it has been broken with one of the new releases.

I always wanted to get the dust from my box and test it out. I hope that there are no bigger changes needed to get it working again but I can't promise that I will find the time to look into it shortly.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-09-02

I now have RCB running on xbmcbuntu and had set each emulator to configure to fullscreen by modifying the config.xml file. Everything was working almost perfectly when connected to a standard monitor and the fullscreen setting was working correctly.

I have moved the system and connected via vga cable - i only have a vga port - to my 55inch TV... when i run the xbmc it works perfectly and operates in a full screen mode.

However when i run RCB connected to the TV it loads correctly and i can search through games but when i launch a game and the relevant emulator the system does not seem to recognise the resolution of the screen nor the settings of the TV and instead the game either appears way off the screen or not correctly at all...

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this would happen only when a game is launched as opposed to in standard usage in the xbmc dashboard.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - buymeapc - 2013-09-02

Is there a way to run RCB so that it can go to a specific rom collection? Like, if I want to go to my SNES collection.

I'm looking to add individual shortcuts to my home screen that point to each collection (IE: SNES, NES, Genesis, etc.)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-09-02

(2013-09-02, 14:14)phs989 Wrote: I now have RCB running on xbmcbuntu and had set each emulator to configure to fullscreen by modifying the config.xml file. Everything was working almost perfectly when connected to a standard monitor and the fullscreen setting was working correctly.

I have moved the system and connected via vga cable - i only have a vga port - to my 55inch TV... when i run the xbmc it works perfectly and operates in a full screen mode.

However when i run RCB connected to the TV it loads correctly and i can search through games but when i launch a game and the relevant emulator the system does not seem to recognise the resolution of the screen nor the settings of the TV and instead the game either appears way off the screen or not correctly at all...

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this would happen only when a game is launched as opposed to in standard usage in the xbmc dashboard.

Are you setting the wrong resolution for the emulator? With mednefen it is set via a CLI switch that launched the game.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-02, 21:58)teeedubb Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 14:14)phs989 Wrote: I now have RCB running on xbmcbuntu and had set each emulator to configure to fullscreen by modifying the config.xml file. Everything was working almost perfectly when connected to a standard monitor and the fullscreen setting was working correctly.

Are you setting the wrong resolution for the emulator? With mednefen it is set via a CLI switch that launched the game.

I had initially stated the emulatorParams to be as follows -gba.special nny2x -gba.pixshader scale2x -gba.stretch 1 -gba.xres 1920 -gba.yres 1080 -glvsync 1 -fs 1 "%ROM%" but this did not seem to make any difference to the resolution when moved to the larger display and instead it gives the same problems as stated above. I tried it with the above statement and also with only the "%ROM%" both do not work.

I dont know what a CLI switch is... do i need to only amend the emulatorParams