Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-02

JPCRacing24 Wrote:I checked the database, and it is at 70kb and it does list my games. When I am in the browser it doesn't matter if I set it to "All" on everything; I still don't see anything come up on the main screen. I might just have to use the advanced launcher and manually put thumbnails and fanart on the game.
Maybe you enabled the missing info filter? Did you try to change some filter settings (from All to something specific and back to All)?

Could you also show me a log file after you enabled debug logging in RCB (can be done in Addon settings)? Just want to check if there is a bug in the script.

In Advanced Launcher you can also do automatic scraping. No need to manually add thumbnails.

JPCRacing24 Wrote:Just wanted to check in and ask if rcb will be compatible with the new retroplayer when its near completion?
It already is in some way. It is explained here.

I am also working on better integration with UI options. Should be ready in a couple of days.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-10-03

Thanks Malte for all your help and for an awesome add on! I changed skins back to Confluence and opened it up and it brought everything in! I guess it didn't want to work cause I was on Aeon Nox when I installed it. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - senna99 - 2013-10-03

When I disable cmd in settings, games not start. I use extension exe for windows games.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - moviebuff - 2013-10-03

Does this work on ace skin? I for some reason cant get this addon working at all. Doesnt pull any data
I cant even get into the add on anymore i get error:

error reading config.xml.
configuration error see xbmc.log for details

I use launcher which is great but figured I would give this add on a try but just doesnt seem to be working

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-03, 21:53)moviebuff Wrote: Does this work on ace skin? I for some reason cant get this addon working at all. Doesnt pull any data

I use launcher which is great but figured I would give this add on a try but just doesnt seem to be working

Have you tried it in the default confluence skin? I had a similar problem and once I opened it in the default skin my roms came up. Then just switch back to the skin you want to use.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - moviebuff - 2013-10-04

Let me try that thanx

Nope didnt work still getting that config error when I try to open RCB in original confluence skin

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-03, 21:53)moviebuff Wrote: Does this work on ace skin? I for some reason cant get this addon working at all. Doesnt pull any data

Did you look in the xbmc.log?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-04

senna99 Wrote:When I disable cmd in settings, games not start. I use extension exe for windows games.
Not really sure what you mean. Can you explain?

moviebuff Wrote:Does this work on ace skin? I for some reason cant get this addon working at all. Doesnt pull any data

Yes, it works with Ace. Are you on latest version of RCB (2.0.10)? In previous versions scraping from moby and thegamesdb did not work anymore and 2.0.9 had a bug when creating new config.xml.

As teeedubb said, please check the xbmc.log to fix your config.xml error. When you still have issues with importing games you can check the corresponding section in the FAQ. If this still does not work post your xbmc.log after you tried to import games. Maybe I can see whats wrong.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - senna99 - 2013-10-04

When I disable cmd in settings addons, game not start.Only work with cmd enabled in settings addons.

And xbmc all time go to windowed mode when I start game,and how to harmonize the different skin is it possible?

Best Regards

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - aoaaron - 2013-10-04

okay i can get the games to play through PCSX2... my problem now is how do i close PCSX2 using my controller and bring it back to XBMC? if i close pcsx2 manually it does come back to XBMC.. any solutions for this please?!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - moviebuff - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-04, 02:40)teeedubb Wrote:

Did you look in the xbmc.log?

dont know how to do that ill have to read on it . Never had to in XBMC before but first for everything

I think i did log right dont really understand the log but I linked pastbin below hope I did it right

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=65912

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-04, 13:43)aoaaron Wrote: okay i can get the games to play through PCSX2... my problem now is how do i close PCSX2 using my controller and bring it back to XBMC? if i close pcsx2 manually it does come back to XBMC.. any solutions for this please?!!!

Use eventghost to map a button on your remote/gamepad to execute a batch file to close the emulators, eg:

killapp.bat
Code:
schtasks /run /TN "unlocker xbmc log" 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM PPSSPPWindows64.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM Fusion.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM mednafen.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM pcsxr.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM stella.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM mupen64plus-ui-console.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM 4DO.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM Dolphin.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM SSF.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM Atari800Win.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM EMU7800.Win.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM mameui64.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM mame64.exe 2>nul
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /F /IM pcsx2.exe 2>nul
Dont worry about the first line unless you get the CApplication::_create()_failed error, the you may needthis.

(2013-10-04, 20:44)moviebuff Wrote: I think i did log right dont really understand the log but I linked pastbin below hope I did it right

How are you adding your roms?

14:36:55 T:7568 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Configuration error. parseInstruction file C:\Users\Chris Laptop\Emulation\Nintendo Entertainment System\%GAME%.txt does not exist.

(2013-10-04, 07:41)senna99 Wrote: And xbmc all time go to windowed mode when I start game,and how to harmonize the different skin is it possible?

Best Regards

Use solo mode and have xbmc start in full screen. http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/LaunchGames#Launch_games_in_solo_mode

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-05

senna99 Wrote:When I disable cmd in settings addons, game not start.Only work with cmd enabled in settings addons.
You mean the option "Escape emulator cmd"? This will change the way the cmd is sent to the command line interface. So, it only works for you when you enable this option? (This would be interesting for me to know as I thought about removing this option completely)

senna99 Wrote:and how to harmonize the different skin is it possible?
Ask the skinners to implement RCB views. Unfortunately, RCB can't rely on default skin views, so every skin that wants to add RCB support has to implement it separately. Otherwise you will see the default Confluence skin in RCB.

AFAIK these skins should have RCB support: Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ3-5, Ace, Arctic, Night and Carmichael

moviebuff Wrote:I think i did log right dont really understand the log but I linked pastbin below hope I did it right

As teeedubb said, this is the relevant line:
Code:
14:36:55 T:7568 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Configuration error. parseInstruction file C:\Users\Chris Laptop\Emulation\Nintendo Entertainment System\%GAME%.txt does not exist.
Looks like you took the wrong route while setting it up or did not configure it properly. Do you have a set of game descriptions available offline and want to use them like explained here? Or do you just want to grab game information online from thegamesdb and others?

If you want to grab the data online it will be the easiest way to throw away your configuration and start from scratch. Just delete the files "config.xml" and "MyGames.db" from "XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser".

When you launch RCB next time you will go through the wizard again and should take the "Scrape game info online" route like explained here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-05

New test version available: 2.0.11

List of changes:

General
  • add UI config options for RetroPlayer integration

This release adds RetroPlayer support as "official" feature. There is a new thread in the RetroPlayer sub forum to show the new features and to discuss any issues you may have with this integration. Please go this way.

Previous version: 2.0.10