Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - daduber - 2014-02-05

(2014-02-05, 03:05)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-02-04, 16:21)daduber Wrote: Same thing happens when I check solo-mode in config. Ive tried mednafen and it takes longer to load and then does the same thing. Also I have 2 different computers with xbmc and they both do the same thing.

Strange.. Solo mode exits xbmc before running the emulator, so xbmc shouldn't be running. Are you using xbmclauncher? That has a option to bring xbmc back into focus, maybe you have that enabled?

Thanks teedubb!!! That was the problem xbmclauncer. I seleceted disable focus and it works great.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - kyle007 - 2014-02-05

Well, I'm on XP, I'm old school Tongue So no UAC for me, but, I do dual-boot &, I assume you're on 7? Depending on how you do it it'll differ at the end (eventghost, autoit etc). I'll try to make this as brief as possible.

Open up task scheduler, go to create task. I'll number the steps to hopefully make it easier Smile 1. Give it a name you'll remember, under "name" (like xbmcdel or something). 2. Beneath that, in the general tab, make sure you check "Run with highest privileges". 3. Go to the "Actions" tab and click new, under "Action" put start a program. 4. Under "program/script" browser to your Unlocker.exe. 5. In "Add arguments" put the path to your xbmc log (in quotes) followed by -S -D (example above, in my post you quoted) 6. Click Ok, etc until you're back at the task scheduler screen, where there should be a new task (in this example, called xbmcdel) Right click it, and click "run" at this point it MIGHT pop up a UAC prompt, just agree to it, make sure it actually deleted the log file as well.

7. Now, right click anywhere, your desktop for example, and click new, shortcut. 8. Where it says type in the location of the item/browse, and type schtasks /run /tn "xbmcdel" (or whatever else you named it, name of the task in quotes) Click Next, give your shortcut a name, and click Finish. The whole point of that was to create a scheduled task, and a shortcut that points to the scheduled task. It might on first run, pop a UAC prompt, but after that it should do its thing no problem. Basically you'll want to point your exit command to run that shortcut.

If you use evenghost for example it'd be import os
os.startfile ("Path to shortcut")

Sorry for the long post, hope that helps you man Smile Works for me.

edit: I know you already use task scheduler, but for ease and to make sure there's not another error somewhere, just follow that ^ from top to bottom and you should be golden. There IS other ways if the above doesn't work, just let me know.

edit 2: Also, make sure on Unlocker, that run as administrator is NOT checked, let the scheduled task deal with the admin nonsense lol (as in, right click the exe, and make sure run as administrator, is unchecked)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - PrimusZa1 - 2014-02-09

I'm sure this have been asked multiple times but for some reason since I started looking for a answer over a month ago it has eluded me on Google search as well as here. So here goes.

I have a few Multi disc game ISO's that scrap fine and the when I run them is asks me to select the disc as it should. My problem comes while in game and the emulator asks me to switch discs. For example in Epsxe if I hit the ESC key to go back to the emulator to select the disc it exits as it should when I'm finished with a single disc game.

Thanks for any help or pointing me to the right direction in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rhinospike - 2014-02-12

I'm attempting to add custom shortcuts in Aeon Nox to open RCB with certain filter options already selected. For example, a Nintendo 64 menu item that opens RCB with the Nintendo 64 filter enabled and the view set to landscape or a PlayStation 2 item that opens RCB with the PlayStation 2 filter enabled and the view set to showcase.

I believe it is possible, as the OP said they had found a solution in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152639

I've already tried sending them a PM, but they haven't been online in more than a year.

Does anyone know how to do it?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - HygSuperSlayer - 2014-02-14

First, Thank you for this great add-on, my days of game playing have been revived! I'll donate asap.

While customizing the NFO files for game descriptions, I've found that the '&' character will negate any custom description and default to an alternative scraper. For example, if I alter the game .nfo description to include a bit such as, '...for Mom & Dad...' the ampersand will tell RCB to ignore the custom description and default to a description elsewhere. If I substitute 'and' for the special character, the custom description gets applied.

Again, thanks for a great add-on!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - HygSuperSlayer - 2014-02-14

While I'm on it real quick, I noticed two other things. The images for the games have issues being displayed, as in, they don't show up at all, when I navigate with my mouse. If I use my keyboard arrows, they show up without issue.

Second, the screen goes blank/black after some inactivity, and I don't think the screen saver has anything to do with it, ...I don't have it enabled.

I'll provide more info should it be necessary if these are already known issues.

XBMC: 12.3
XBMC Skin: Confluence Modified.
ROM Skin: Confluence
Caching option: CacheItemandext

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-02-15

HygSuperSlayer,

RCB have some insues with special charaters, since you are editing the nfo by hand use Mom & Dad instead Mom & Dad and it will be displayed the way you want.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - 3dhubiflieger - 2014-02-16

Hello, I have written a new Tool called XBMCwatcher for Rom Collection Browser / Advanced Launcher. It has also possibilities like XBMC Launcher but its still beta. So I need Betatesters. Can anyone tell me if the new lnk and Guidebuttonfeature works in win 7 and win 8.1 ? Huh

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182296&pid=1590525#pid1590525

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mprassel - 2014-02-16

What link can I use to launch this script from the home window? I'm trying to add a link to Aeon Nox and using the custom option of script.games.rom.collection.browser is not doing anything. Has anyone else been able to add a shortcut?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - HygSuperSlayer - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-15, 17:50)Maleficium Wrote: HygSuperSlayer,

RCB have some insues with special charaters, since you are editing the nfo by hand use Mom & Dad instead Mom & Dad and it will be displayed the way you want.

Thank you much, I'll keep this in mind for future edits!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rhinospike - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-16, 14:42)mprassel Wrote: What link can I use to launch this script from the home window? I'm trying to add a link to Aeon Nox and using the custom option of script.games.rom.collection.browser is not doing anything. Has anyone else been able to add a shortcut?

Thanks

As I said above, I've been trying to do something similar, but I want to be able to launch RCB with certain filters already selected. You've almost got it right, the correct command is:

XBMC.RunScript(script.games.rom.collection.browser)

However, it's probably easier to just add it to Aeon Nox as a program add-on.

I'm guessing to do what I'm looking for the same command is used with some arguments, but I've got no idea what they are.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mprassel - 2014-02-17

I'll try running that script when I get home but I wish I could add this as a Program addon. Unfortunately this addon does not show up as an option as a Program addon. Is there any way to force that?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - lakime - 2014-02-21

Hi Guys

Got some problem with Rom Browser - I've installed the latest version from repository ( the one that end with 10 ), configured 3 emu:
- PPSSDD
- snes9x-gtk
- mupen64plus
Every of these worked on Advanced Launcher ( but I had a problem with sound ... long story ... )
After scrapping I've tried to start it and .... nothing - after deep analyze I've found that RCB have problem with input from config file: as it returns:
sh: 1: \/home\/xbmc\/.....
I'm running debian wheezy + XBMC Frodo 12.3,
How can I fix that issue ?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - thefather - 2014-02-21

When i try to import games RCB only lists four games.

XBMC 12.3
Windows 8
RCB 2.0.10

The same XBMC/Windows/RCB combination works fine on my laptop

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-02-22

PrimusZa1 Wrote:I have a few Multi disc game ISO's that scrap fine and the when I run them is asks me to select the disc as it should. My problem comes while in game and the emulator asks me to switch discs. For example in Epsxe if I hit the ESC key to go back to the emulator to select the disc it exits as it should when I'm finished with a single disc game.
I guess this is not related to RCB. You will have to find out how to switch discs in the emulator. I spend more time with developing than playing, so I never finished a disc of a multi disc gameSmile

rhinospike Wrote:I'm attempting to add custom shortcuts in Aeon Nox to open RCB with certain filter options already selected. For example, a Nintendo 64 menu item that opens RCB with the Nintendo 64 filter enabled and the view set to landscape or a PlayStation 2 item that opens RCB with the PlayStation 2 filter enabled and the view set to showcase.

I believe it is possible, as the OP said they had found a solution in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152639
Sorry, this is not yet possible. I have seen the thread that you linked and I also wondered how the OP has done it. But this is not yet a feature of RCB.

HygSuperSlayer Wrote:While I'm on it real quick, I noticed two other things. The images for the games have issues being displayed, as in, they don't show up at all, when I navigate with my mouse. If I use my keyboard arrows, they show up without issue.

Second, the screen goes blank/black after some inactivity, and I don't think the screen saver has anything to do with it, ...I don't have it enabled.

I'll provide more info should it be necessary if these are already known issues.
About mouse navigation: this may be hard to fix. I will check if this happens in other skins (Nox, Ace, ...) as well. Maybe the real skinners are doing it better than me.

About screen going blank: Does it look like this? If so, I have no chance of fixing it. If not, I will need more information.

mprassel Wrote:What link can I use to launch this script from the home window? I'm trying to add a link to Aeon Nox and using the custom option of script.games.rom.collection.browser is not doing anything. Has anyone else been able to add a shortcut?
I can just select it as Prgram Addon in the Main Menu Customizer of Aeon Nox. Doesn't this work for you?

lakime Wrote:Got some problem with Rom Browser - I've installed the latest version from repository ( the one that end with 10 ), configured 3 emu:
- PPSSDD
- snes9x-gtk
- mupen64plus
Every of these worked on Advanced Launcher ( but I had a problem with sound ... long story ... )
After scrapping I've tried to start it and .... nothing - after deep analyze I've found that RCB have problem with input from config file: as it returns:
sh: 1: \/home\/xbmc\/.....
I'm running debian wheezy + XBMC Frodo 12.3,
How can I fix that issue ?
You could try to disable Escape Emulator Cmd in Addon Settings.

thefather Wrote:When i try to import games RCB only lists four games.
Maybe you have some filters enabled?