Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Knottyboy - 2015-01-25

Firstly thank you for this aweseom plug-in.

Got a quick question perhaps someone can help with. Is there a way to add particular collections to favourites? Rather than always going in and choosing which one you want to view?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Feegus - 2015-01-25

Using latest RCB on SPMC with Mupen64 Ouya version.

Scrapes fine but won't launch anything. Roms are on attached usb flash drive.

What did I mess up?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sharkynz007 - 2015-01-25

hey guys im having a problem with rom collection browser, im fairly new to it and need some help.....ive install it fine and emulators work great and play but when I try the playstation 1 emulator it wont install?? I checked the log and it say emu_autoconfig.xml cant find playstation?? any ideas. thanks it also says unhandled exception occurred during execution of RBC: 'nonetype' object is not iterable see xbmc.log for details......and when I check the log it says could not find ps...thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2015-01-26

Diskotechjam Wrote:Is it possible to lauch ouya games with RCB? I can already launch android apps from within kodi, but I would like to have some fanart for my games.
Not sure. I had been on my list but I did not yet test it. You can launch emulators on Android but I am not sure about native Android games. You could check if it is already discussed in this thread

cmb3 Wrote:I've tried uninstalling RCB and erasing every file I can find associated with it, but I always get stuck on adding a platform. Does anybody know how to fix this?
After adding the platform you should select the path to your emulator. To me it looks like you don't have access to any other paths. Did you try to add your drives via file manager?

JohnnyFootball Wrote:Anyone have luck getting this to work? The directions are a little over my head, but I believe this would solve my problem. Also, when the local version is created, is it deleted after you're done?
I will test and include this patch in a later release. But it will take some more time.

somawhite402 Wrote:For those who've become equally enraged at half the menus being misaligned and various other irritations....
Thanks. I want to work on this when all kodi related bugs are fixed. I guess your work will help me to start with it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mikty - 2015-01-26

hi, I have installed the whole romset mame collection and rcb slowy loading games each time.
do you think you could make something on the next release ?
thank you for your work
bye

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - veridiux - 2015-01-26

Hey Guys,
First, I just wanted to say thank you for making Rom Collection Browser. I really appreciate the work gone into RCB and Kodi alike. That being said, I could use a little help. I'm trying to setup a seamless setup where when I launch a game like for example, mario 64, it goes from kodi/rcb straight into mario 64. As it stands right now, when I launch a game, I usually get minimized and see the actual emulator come up. Does anyone know of anyway around this?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2015-01-26

all sorted

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pattyg - 2015-01-27

I have rcb opening in the main menu and everything works great until I exit, after that it freezes xbmc

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2015-01-28

@malte how hard would it be to add the simplest sub menu to load each collection from.just a 250px square button for each rom collection, if I can get to this stage ill make an icon for all systems in photo shop

something along the lines of this

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - darkaegis - 2015-01-29

Has anyone been able to successfully import/scrape using local NFO files with a new installation of Kodi/Rom Collection Browser, or should I just give up and wait for the next update?

My problem seems to lie specifically with my method of import - rather than re-importing everything by scraping an external website, I simply import the nfo/artwork files from another PC (which I have scraped those sites on) and point to the local nfo and art files.

In the past (on Gotham), this has worked well.

Unfortunately, now it'll go through the whole thing, one by one and slowly scraping my local nfo files, but when everything finishes up, nothing is in my library. To get it to recognize the local nfo and fanart, I have to let it download it from the sites, which kind of defeats the original purpose.

I should be able to scrape the files in the traditional manner (I'm testing it now), but I spent hours trying to figure out why my games weren't importing properly.

It's not super important since I have that workaround, but let me know if I can get any info from my PC that might help diagnose the problem in the future. I'd be happy to oblige.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Feegus - 2015-01-29

Really looking forward to the next update/fixes! As it is, if my rom collection is on a thumb stick rcb can see them but cannot launch Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 19:19)Feegus Wrote: Really looking forward to the next update/fixes! As it is, if my rom collection is on a thumb stick rcb can see them but cannot launch Sad

have you setup the drive location in xbmc file manager

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Feegus - 2015-01-30

(2015-01-29, 23:45)joebloggs12 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 19:19)Feegus Wrote: Really looking forward to the next update/fixes! As it is, if my rom collection is on a thumb stick rcb can see them but cannot launch Sad

have you setup the drive location in xbmc file manager

yep, RCB see's and scrapes my collection just fine but when I click to launch any game it gives me the message on the side that it is launching but nothing happens. I'm not very familiar with this add-on though, is there a setting I need to change under the "launch" category? Maybe change the path to the emu autoconfig.xml?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - amelain - 2015-01-30

(2015-01-15, 07:05)ducks Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 16:23)amelain Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 19:05)zbuzanic Wrote: Well, after applying RC3 rom collection browser is not launching games at all so stay away from Kodi Big Grin
Use gotham or this addon will NOT work!

Yes it works !
Just delete your mame.ini
edit your rom collection
in emulator params write yours options, mine are : -cheat -skip_gameinfo -noka "%ROM%"

Also had no success getting games to launch under Helix with an Intel NUC running OpenELEC 5. Does this fix anything for anyone?

Hi guys !

I maintain that it works for me but I forgot to say that i've also upgrade to the last mame version. In our case, old mame doesn't launch any rom.
And if you are using sdlmame don't forget to upgrade to sdlframework 2.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - amelain - 2015-01-30

(2015-01-15, 22:42)ducks Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 21:25)aoaaron Wrote: Hey, I am not able to launch rom collection browser from the main menu in XBMC anymore after upgrading to Kodi.

When I was on 13.2, I set Aeon NOX to have a custom home menu option to launch RCB. Now it doesnt work. Is there a fix for this?

This worked for me:

(2014-12-22, 17:02)pgjensen Wrote: changing following line in addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py fixed the problem:

if param == '' or param == 'default.py' or param == 'script.games.rom.collection.browser':

Thanks Ducks !

I tried and it works great for me to !