Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-09

With 2.1.5 or with the git version? Which scraper did you use?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-09

Hi. With 2.1.5

I used 3 scrapers. I think they are the most used ones. Cant remember more than thegamedb now.

Seems games that cant be found on databases, arent show at the list at all. I didnt look too deep, but seems every game in list has a picture and info.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-10

Ok, with new git version the scrapers are reworked completely, so results will change. But I would not do full scans of your library atm because there is still work in progress and results should improve in the following weeks.

If you are missing games this could have several reasons. Maybe the game is just not listed on the scraped site or the name of your rom does not match. RCB will try to find best results but if a game is not returned from a search query then there is no chance to import the game. In Addon settings you can also adjust the game matching logic. More info here: url

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-10

Hi @malte

But there should be an option to import games that are not on the database?

ie. Some user have hacked or modded roms in library and wont be able to launch them with rcb if they are not listed...

Maybe an option like..

If a game is not found on any database:

**Show filename on list

** Dont show them

It happens on not modded roms also. Ie mortal kombat 2 wont be scraped unless you change it to mortal kombat II. I think is better to show them on list, whitout a picture or info, than not show them at all.

BTW I added the rcb_lcdsmartie code to git build, but when launch a game an error show global name romcollection is not defined.

Uploaded the modified launcher.py if you want to check https://pastebin.com/bp8pyB1X

Edit. I corrected a blank space on "write (" , but problem still persist.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-11

(2018-03-10, 16:43)trihy Wrote: Hi @malte

But there should be an option to import games that are not on the database?

ie. Some user have hacked or modded roms in library and wont be able to launch them with rcb if they are not listed...
There is already an option available like this in addon settings: dont import games without description.

It was broken in 2.1.5 but I fixed it some days ago in current git version.
(2018-03-10, 16:43)trihy Wrote: BTW I added the rcb_lcdsmartie code to git build, but when launch a game an error show global name romcollection is not defined.

Uploaded the modified launcher.py if you want to check https://pastebin.com/bp8pyB1X

Edit. I corrected a blank space on "write (" , but problem still persist.
Try to replace line 109:
Code:
__launchNonXbox(cmd, romCollection, gameRow, settings, precmd, postcmd, roms, gui, listitem)
with this one:
Code:
self.__launchNonXbox(cmd, gameRow, precmd, postcmd, roms, gui, listitem)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-11

Tried but still same error. Probably something related to editing, since python is a little picky, not sure.

Great about the option import / dont import games without escription. Will try it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-11

trihy Wrote:Tried but still same error. Probably something related to editing, since python is a little picky, not sure.
Ok, try this file: link

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-11

(2018-03-11, 08:20)malte Wrote:
trihy Wrote:Tried but still same error. Probably something related to editing, since python is a little picky, not sure.
Ok, try this file: link 
That worked. Thanks.

What do you think about an option to avoid scraping of a particular rom?

ie. when using a match factor lower than one, some roms can get missinterpreted.

And probably Game A.zip and Game A ver 1.2.zip will be scraped the same.

Maybe we can add a Game A ver 1.2_noscrape.zip sufix and this game will be show on list by its filename.

Maybe im telling something stupid, not sure if its already implemented or if its even a good idea.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-12

trihy Wrote:What do you think about an option to avoid scraping of a particular rom?
ie. when using a match factor lower than one, some roms can get missinterpreted.
And probably Game A.zip and Game A ver 1.2.zip will be scraped the same.
Maybe we can add a Game A ver 1.2_noscrape.zip sufix and this game will be show on list by its filename.
Maybe im telling something stupid, not sure if its already implemented or if its even a good idea.
No, I think an avoid scraping flag is not an option.

But there will be some changes to the scraping in future. Atm RCB ignores any additional flags in the rom name (version, year, region, etc.). So, when you try to import 2 games with the same name and just some different additional info like "Game A (E).zip" and "Game A (J).zip", RCB will try to import both games as "Game A". And it will fail to add the second one because of unique constraint violation. This should be changed in the future so that you can import both games maybe sharing the same information.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-12

Oh, I see. Well, was just an idea.

Sometimes I just change the name so much to avoid scraping. Cause there are some games like mario kart, that has custom mod tracks. And if both show mario kart on description, will be impossible to know which one are you launching. In this case, preserving the filename is some kind of mandatory.

Great to see is being worked on.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-14

Tried to scrape with todays git, but media files are not created at all. Artwork folder is empty after a collection scrap.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-15

Works well for me. Can you show me a log file?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-15

Hi. There is a specific log for rcb?

kodi log doesnt show anything related.

Tried again, doesnt work, no files are generated. Only nfo are generated. No media files. Also Im seing lot of games doesnt generate nfo, that means they wont show at list, cause rcb read nfo name for listing, right?. I have not ticked the dont show games with no description.

Now seems it hangs at downloading art.

Yes, it hangs at downloading art from any scraper. Like it couldnt write to disk. Media files are set on external hdd, so no admin rights needed. Now way to cancel, it stays at cancelling forever, I have to kill kodi from task admin.

Running latest v18 nightly x64

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-15

You need to enable debug logging in Kodi like explained here: link. Then you will see additional logging from RCB and other addons.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-16

(2018-03-15, 14:31)malte Wrote: You need to enable debug logging in Kodi like explained here: link. Then you will see additional logging from RCB and other addons.
 PM sent!