Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-05-01

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No hurry, just ask if you need more testing.

The problem remembering selected view is still a kodi bug? It´s reported somewhere?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-02

(2018-05-01, 20:40)trihy Wrote: No hurry, just ask if you need more testing.
Should be fixed on github now.
(2018-05-01, 20:40)trihy Wrote: The problem remembering selected view is still a kodi bug? It´s reported somewhere?
Still pending. It is discussed here: link

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-05-02

(2018-05-02, 06:15)malte Wrote:
(2018-05-01, 20:40)trihy Wrote: No hurry, just ask if you need more testing.
Should be fixed on github now.
(2018-05-01, 20:40)trihy Wrote: The problem remembering selected view is still a kodi bug? It´s reported somewhere?
Still pending. It is discussed here: link 
Mame naming style scraping now works fine using xml from game database info.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-05-08

Seems kodi devs doesnt bother too much with the skin bug.

Lets see if get fixed at least for the beta release.

Did you try to check the problem I was having launching those multiple disc?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-08

(2018-05-08, 00:52)trihy Wrote: Seems kodi devs doesnt bother too much with the skin bug.

Lets see if get fixed at least for the beta release.
Yes, I will wait some more and then maybe look for a workaround in RCB. But I hope that they will fix it as RCB is not the only addon with this issue.
(2018-05-08, 00:52)trihy Wrote: Did you try to check the problem I was having launching those multiple disc?

Thanks.
Not yet. Atm I am working on performance issues. I guess this will need some more time until it is finished.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ködi-zömbie - 2018-05-10

It's me aagain. Loading time issue for Images is fixed now with latest Kodi 18 alpha Versions but sometimes I see Error : "Could not find ID 0 , windowxml"  (or something like this) and the Lists are empty.
I can reproduce this error by pressing Context menu button in Aeon MQ6 for Global Context window. After one restart its okay again. Must be Skin Problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-10

(2018-05-10, 14:00)ködi-zömbie Wrote: It's me aagain. Loading time issue for Images is fixed now with latest Kodi 18 alpha Versions
Ok, good to know. Anyway, your report made me dig out my good old RPi and so I did some performance tests and improvements. Loading 30 games from smb share took 90 seconds with 2.2.0 on Libreelec (Krypton). Right now I am down to 3 seconds.
(2018-05-10, 14:00)ködi-zömbie Wrote: but sometimes I see Error : "Could not find ID 0 , windowxml"  (or something like this) and the Lists are empty.
I can reproduce this error by pressing Context menu button in Aeon MQ6 for Global Context window. After one restart its okay again. Must be Skin Problem.
Are you using Aeon MQs RCB views? I guess they need to be updated as there have been many changes in RCB recently that need to be reflected in the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ködi-zömbie - 2018-05-10

(2018-05-10, 14:52)malte Wrote: Are you using Aeon MQs RCB views? I guess they need to be updated as there have been many changes in RCB recently that need to be reflected in the skin. 
No I used theme in Kodi 17, in Leia they don't work so I deleted them and used your Estuary Skin Setting. If you press C you get the submenu in RCB, but if you press Menu button on Android in AeonMQ6, RCB crashes cos of that popup window.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-12

Could you show me a debug log when this error happens?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ködi-zömbie - 2018-05-16

(2018-05-12, 10:40)malte Wrote: Could you show me a debug log when this error happens?
 1: Open RCB
2. Crash RCB with context button
3. Open RCB (no more Files, Pics)
4. Reopen RCB (everything normal again)

https://mega.nz/#!xI0jgCKY!W7Im8UFnSg2-GRcVTH52DQtDG7a5vPv_DcrUnGgal1Q

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-17

@ködi-zömbie: Thanks! I will look into it.

@all: I just merged the performance changes into the master branch. Unfortunately I had to revert the dynamic loading of artwork files that was introduced with 2.2.0. So, RCB needs to scan your artwork directories and import the paths of your artwork files into its database again. This scanning will be done during game import as in earlier releases. Additionally there is a new option "Scan Artwork Directories" in context menu. This will import your artwork files without touching your game data or doing any scraping. I hope this is a good compromise between performance and usability.

For those of you that use the current git version and also use the RCB widget: you will also have to grab the current state of the RCB widget from github.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ködi-zömbie - 2018-05-17

Is latest RCB v2.2 closing Kodi 18 Alpha on Android ? Always I run emulation and close, it start Kodi from beginning but in settings "Minimize Kodi" is active.
...and the Estuary View setting (NFO,NFO2...)is not saving for me. It starts from NFO view everytime

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-17

(2018-05-17, 19:59)ködi-zömbie Wrote: Is latest RCB v2.2 closing Kodi 18 Alpha on Android ? Always I run emulation and close, it start Kodi from beginning but in settings "Minimize Kodi" is active.
Maybe you have solo mode activated in launch settings (its in the edit rom collection dialog)?
(2018-05-17, 19:59)ködi-zömbie Wrote: ...and the Estuary View setting (NFO,NFO2...)is not saving for me. It starts from NFO view everytime
This is a known issue of Kodi Leia that also affects other (script) addons. I hope it will be fixed in Kodi. Otherwise I have to look for a workaround.

(2018-05-16, 22:01)ködi-zömbie Wrote: 1: Open RCB
2. Crash RCB with context button
3. Open RCB (no more Files, Pics)
4. Reopen RCB (everything normal again)
I think the problem is the mapping of actions in the keymap file (remote.xml vs keyboard.xml).

In your log file I can see this line:
Code:
HandleKey: menu (0xf0d8) pressed, action is activatewindow(contextmenu)
This means that Kodis context menu is loaded, not RCBs context menu.

When I press C on keyboard I see this line:
Code:
HandleKey: c (0xf043) pressed, action is ContextMenu
This launches RCBs context menu.

There are two actions available in Kodi: ContextMenu and ActivateWindow(ContextMenu). It looks like yor remote is mapped to the second one, your keyboard is mapped to the first one.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-19

(2018-04-29, 03:28)trihy Wrote: Hi malte. Im having problems with multidisc

Most two disc works fine, this one doesnt.
\(Disc.*\)

Enemy Zero (Disc 1 of 4) (EUR)_disk1
Enemy Zero (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk2
Enemy Zero (Disc 3 of 4) (EUR)_disk3
Enemy Zero (Disc 4 of 4) (EUR)_disk4

disc1 works fine. When trying to launch disc2, disc wont be mounted and log shows:

22:19:05.243 T:3612   DEBUG: RCB_INFO cmd: call "C:\SSF_012_beta_R3\SSF.bat" "D:\Saturn\Enemy Zero (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk1.cue"

The correct cmd for disc 2 should be:

22:19:05.243 T:3612   DEBUG: RCB_INFO cmd: call "C:\SSF_012_beta_R3\SSF.bat" "D:\Saturn\Enemy Zero (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk2.cue"

Not sure why rcb do this. Same proble for disc 3 and 4. I guess it could be fixed by deleting the _disk2, 3 or 4 in the filename, but maybe it can be fixed on rcb code. I ave other games named like this on the same platform and they work fine. But they are only 2 disc sets.
I was able to reproduce it and found the part in the code where it happens. It is a little bit of both: misconfiguration and a bug (at least bad coding). But I won't be able to fix it atm. The whole launching part needs a complete refactoring and with this I will also fix this issue. But I want to finish my current work on game import and browsing before I start working on the launching part.

In the meantime you could change your game names that you only have 1 disk indicator that matches the configuration in RCB. In your case this would be "Enemy Zero (Disc 1 of 4) (EUR).cue" with "\(Disc.*\)".