Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tris20 - 2018-05-19

Is the scraping problem solved? On my pc it was slow and evertime an error. The error is discussed and with a simple ## solved but scraping is still slow and missing almost everything. Thegamesdb is the problem I think.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - coverflow_rider - 2018-05-19

I'm trying to scrape my NES data using the GiantBomb scrape option and it comes back with nothing. It scans, but none of the release date, descriptions or dev/pub info populates. I at least getting something when using the others (but there are lots missing). GiantBomb is the bigger site, so I was hoping it would have better results? Is this a glitch that has a fix?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-05-20

Thanks malte. Will change filename in the meantime.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-20

(2018-05-19, 11:20)tris20 Wrote: Is the scraping problem solved? On my pc it was slow and evertime an error. The error is discussed and with a simple ## solved but scraping is still slow and missing almost everything. Thegamesdb is the problem I think.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. What problem is discussed and how can it be solved?
(2018-05-19, 18:10)coverflow_rider Wrote: I'm trying to scrape my NES data using the GiantBomb scrape option and it comes back with nothing. It scans, but none of the release date, descriptions or dev/pub info populates. I at least getting something when using the others (but there are lots missing). GiantBomb is the bigger site, so I was hoping it would have better results? Is this a glitch that has a fix?
Thanks for the report. There have been several errors in my platform mapping for the giantbomb scraper that I did not notice until now. For some platforms (including NES) scraping from giantbomb was not possible at all. Error is fixed in current github version. There will also be a new release in the next days that will include these fixes.

I also made some more changes to the platform list and added some missing entries.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - coverflow_rider - 2018-05-20

Thanks for the follow up. However, I'm still having issues. I downloaded the GitHub version and installed/updated from the zip file (it now says I'm running 2.2.1). I also noticed the menus are different now, so it looks like it took. However, when I scrape from GiantBomb it still pulls no NES data.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tris20 - 2018-05-20

sorry man whas using an older build. the 2.2 one is working.

no i need t figure out how to use with dolphin emulator and others. 

just one question is it possible to add systems to the main menu?

lets say nes and snes n64 when kodi starts. like the sameway tv show and movies are there.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-20, 16:47)coverflow_rider Wrote: Thanks for the follow up. However, I'm still having issues. I downloaded the GitHub version and installed/updated from the zip file (it now says I'm running 2.2.1). I also noticed the menus are different now, so it looks like it took. However, when I scrape from GiantBomb it still pulls no NES data.
I guess it just reads the empty nfo files of your first try. Go to addon settings / import games and disable the "prefer nfo" option.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-20, 22:51)tris20 Wrote: just one question is it possible to add systems to the main menu?

lets say nes and snes n64 when kodi starts. like the sameway tv show and movies are there.
You need a second addon to do this: RCB widget.
You can add RCB to your home menu with every skin, but displaying widget data will only work with skins that support the skin shortcuts addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - coverflow_rider - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-21, 08:03)malte Wrote:
(2018-05-20, 16:47)coverflow_rider Wrote: Thanks for the follow up. However, I'm still having issues. I downloaded the GitHub version and installed/updated from the zip file (it now says I'm running 2.2.1). I also noticed the menus are different now, so it looks like it took. However, when I scrape from GiantBomb it still pulls no NES data.
I guess it just reads the empty nfo files of your first try. Go to addon settings / import games and disable the "prefer nfo" option.    
 Thanks, but that's not what's happening. I delete all the NFO files and start again with a fresh batch. They are generating, but no info is getting scraped. It's happening on all GiantBomb passes no matter the system. Any thoughts? Anything I can try to fix on my end?

(2018-05-21, 18:45)coverflow_rider Wrote:
(2018-05-21, 08:03)malte Wrote:
 Thanks, but that's not what's happening. I delete all the NFO files and start again with a fresh batch. They are generating, but no info is getting scraped. It's happening on all GiantBomb passes no matter the system. Any thoughts? Anything I can try to fix on my end?  
I just tested NES and some other platforms and I could scrape info from giantbomb. So it should work at all. Can you show me a debug log after you tried to scrape some games? Did you try other scrapers?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - coverflow_rider - 2018-05-21

Can you tell me the Kodi revision, RCB version and anything else you're running so I can ensure we're on the same page?

I tested on kodi 17.6 with latest git version of rcb. Rcb should be from yesterday or better from today as I fixed one more issue regarding artwork download from giantbomb.

I am on windows 10 but I think the only thing that matters is the rcb version.

Oh, and one more thing that came to my mind: make sure that you enable "rescrape already imported games" option in addon settings. Otherwise it will just look for new games.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tris20 - 2018-05-22

Working great so far thanks guys.

Only wish I have to have a menu where you can choose the system you want and then there are the games. And not everything in one list.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - coverflow_rider - 2018-05-22

Thanks for the assist. I was able to get it to work in part by doing a clean install of RCB. I removed it and made sure I had the latest form the Git. I'm also running the same setup Kodi you are. I was able to start pulling info from GiantBomb now, but there is a new weird issue.

I have a full US set of NES roms (totaling over 700). For some reason, it pulls the info for the games up to the letter M, then it skips to the T section and picks up from there. Then it misses a bunch more after that. Total, I only end up with about 200 roms scrapped. Any idea what's going on there?