Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - garbear - 2019-02-08

Can you upload a debug log? zip support is not fully complete, can you try with extracted files?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kerplunk - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-08, 19:34)garbear Wrote: Can you upload a debug log? zip support is not fully complete, can you try with extracted files?
 Garbear, thanks! you were right and it works flawlessly unzipped. Everything works wonderfully except that the N64 emulators end up crashing out of Kodi. I looked into the debug log and it seems that i get an error that says no stream implementation for type: 3.

I heard that N64 had some issues earlier, is this what folks were talking about?

I've posted the N64 error log. Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kerplunk - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-09, 08:14)Kerplunk Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 19:34)garbear Wrote: Can you upload a debug log? zip support is not fully complete, can you try with extracted files?
 Garbear, thanks! you were right and it works flawlessly unzipped. Everything works wonderfully except that the N64 emulators end up crashing out of Kodi. I looked into the debug log and it seems that i get an error that says no stream implementation for type: 3.

I heard that N64 had some issues earlier, is this what folks were talking about?

I've posted the N64 error log. Thanks again. 
 I forgot to paste it. https://paste.kodi.tv/ikegocadoc.kodi

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Beeman - 2019-02-18

Is there a way to populate RCB by just reading in .nfo files?
I do this with all other media in Kodi as I generate them myself.
Ideally it would only add roms with a corresponding .nfo file to the db, ignoring any that don't.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Beeman - 2019-02-18

My current workaround is to set it to:-
use scraper = Game-database-info pointing to a dummy xml file with header but no actual games. This seems only way to effectively disable the scraping.
settings = don't import roms without description. So any roms with no .nfo file won't import as I want.

This appears to do what i want but it is very slow, which I don't understand as it is just reading an existing .nfo file and inserting those values into the database afaik? Doing similar in Kodi with movies using the offline .nfo scraper is very fast. I may have to bulk insert the values in RCB db myself.

I wonder if Team Kodi have ever considered separating out the scraping engine from the rest of kodi to generate local .nfo files and art, leaving main Kodi to ONLY read in .nfo files (or embedded metadata for audio).

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Royusmc - 2019-02-20

I am using the official release of Kodi 18 and RCB 2.2.3 on windows 10.
I have reported this but I have been trying to fix it myself. So any help would be very nice.
When I switch view modes and exit. It does not load up the view mode it was set for. Also under favorites it saves and loads up the games that are saved but not the just the saved game. Under settings I can see it make the changes but does not load them up when I start RCB again. Now I did get this to work with kodi 17.6 and it worked just fine. So it has something to do with kodi 18. Please is anyone else having this problem and has it been fixed. please any help. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kupo91 - 2019-02-21

Hi,
I'm running the LibreElec 9.0 Reborn Remix and try to change the emulator frontend from Emulationstation to Rom Collection Browser. However I have issues with formulating the correct syntax.
In Emulationstation the commands to start an emulator look like this:

Code:
<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
example for libretro cores

Code:
<command>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start %ROM%</command>
ppsspp standalone

Code:
<command>/usr/bin/pcsx2.start %ROM%</command>
pcsx2 standalone

Code:
<command>/usr/bin/dolphin.start -e %ROM%</command>
dolphin standalone

In RCB config there is no <command> but only <emulatorCmd> and <emulatorParams>. I don't know how to translate the Syntax from ES to RCB.
Does anyone have a clue about this and can help me?

My attempts so far:

Code:
<emulatorCmd>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>/tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
example for libretro cores: nothing happens

Code:
<emulatorCmd>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
example for ppsspp: screen turns black, nothing happens

Code:
<emulatorCmd>/usr/bin/pcsx2.start</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
example for pcsx2: screen turns black, nothing happens

I also tried to test dolphin but I only got 1 Wii game and for some reason RCB doesn't show it. So no chance to test it in RCB.

Here is also a log file of my attempts.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kupo91 - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-03, 00:09)yoshitslc Wrote: Hello,

I’m trying to configure RCB on my mediaserver and I’m able to launch Retroplayer cores but I’m not able to launch any game from retroarch.

I’m on Ubuntu Bionic and here my configuration (It’s Dreamcast but I have the same issue with gb, Ps2...):
Emulator Cmd: /usr/lib/retroarch
Emulator Params: -f -L /usr/lib/libretro/reicast_libretro.so "%ROM%"

Here is the translation in the logs:
"\/usr\/bin\/retroarch" -f -L /usr/lib/libretro/reicast_libretro.so "\/media\/fernand\/roms\/Dreamcast\/Powerstone\.cdi"

What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT SOLUTION: I was overlooking of the time the EscapeCmd option, that was what I was doing wrong. Now it works !

Hi, I cant start any emulators too. Maybe I have the same issue like you. May I ask how your final EmulatorCmd/EmulatorParams looked like?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - yoshitslc - 2019-02-23

I was able to solve the problem by disable the « Escape emulator cmd » on the addon settings if I remember correctly.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kupo91 - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-23, 15:10)yoshitslc Wrote: I was able to solve the problem by disable the « Escape emulator cmd » on the addon settings if I remember correctly.

Do you use the latest version of RCB?
I cant find this option in my settings..

edit: Okay, I could solved it by editing the *.start scripts

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sicboy101 - 2019-03-03

I managed to scrape from my network share
But after it's done. There's nothing on screen. Just blank black box. Any idea. Thanks

Not Working - newuser1234 - 2019-03-08

I've been trying to get this working for a few weeks. 
I'm a new user to Kodi.  
I have installed 18.1. 
I'm trying to install a few NES and Genesis roms (all of which I own physical coppies of). 

I have tried on three devices:
android box s912 on 7.1.2, on an essential phone v9, windows 10

I've tried it with roms locally, on a NAS, in Google Drive, on SD card and in a USB drive. 

=======================
To reproduce the problem: 
Clean Kodi install -> install "Rom Collection Browser" -> Run it
It asks to scrape.  
Point it to your rom folder, art folder (windows asks for emulator path, android doesn't)
When it's done, there is nothing in the app, just an empty screen. 

I've tried hitting C and then 
Import games 
rescrape
add roms
Result: nothing is added... I've tried exiting, restarting kodi etc to see if it finally populates

Eventually I end up hitting... 
delete 
clean database 

I've messed with some of the settings, most notably don't import without description
If I do this, it errors out after 10

I've tried to set interactive
With interactive on: I've tried just one scraper
none of the standard choices 3x seem to connect or do anything as I am not give any choices
The only time I am given a choice is with giantbomb
With giantbomb, I go through the process of choosing and still, nothing is added. 

===========================

What I would like from anyone here: 
Can you do a clean install and see if anything works for you on either android or windows 10 (Re-Scrape your data)?
Or 
Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?

RE: Not Working - Royusmc - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-08, 20:19)newuser1234 Wrote: I've been trying to get this working for a few weeks. 
I'm a new user to Kodi.  
I have installed 18.1. 
I'm trying to install a few NES and Genesis roms (all of which I own physical coppies of). 

I have tried on three devices:
android box s912 on 7.1.2, on an essential phone v9, windows 10

I've tried it with roms locally, on a NAS, in Google Drive, on SD card and in a USB drive. 

=======================
To reproduce the problem: 
Clean Kodi install -> install "Rom Collection Browser" -> Run it
It asks to scrape.  
Point it to your rom folder, art folder (windows asks for emulator path, android doesn't)
When it's done, there is nothing in the app, just an empty screen. 

I've tried hitting C and then 
Import games 
rescrape
add roms
Result: nothing is added... I've tried exiting, restarting kodi etc to see if it finally populates

Eventually I end up hitting... 
delete 
clean database 

I've messed with some of the settings, most notably don't import without description
If I do this, it errors out after 10

I've tried to set interactive
With interactive on: I've tried just one scraper
none of the standard choices 3x seem to connect or do anything as I am not give any choices
The only time I am given a choice is with giantbomb
With giantbomb, I go through the process of choosing and still, nothing is added. 

===========================

What I would like from anyone here: 
Can you do a clean install and see if anything works for you on either android or windows 10 (Re-Scrape your data)?
Or 
Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?
 I had the same problem. You have to install using the zip file from here. https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser The older RCB does not work on kodi v18. Good luck and I hope this helps. This new version is 2.2.3

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kupo91 - 2019-03-09

Did you enter the correct rom extensions? Its case-sensitive

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - newuser1234 - 2019-03-09

======================================
other response: yes, I correctly typed *.zip (my files) and not *.ZiP or *.ziP or *.zIp etc...
======================================

Thank you! the new release worked (mostly)

Now, I'm trying to re-scrape / manually add info / images for ones that it missed.  

Sadly, I've set interactive, but can't seem to get it to give me any choices for any of the missing files. 

Is there a quick and easy way for me to add info for the roms that it missed? 
(right now, there is just a gap with the rom title displayed when it's highlighted) 
I cannot seem to even add info game by game. ... doesn't work when I try 

Here's what I did: 
Left side of screen (is there a shorcut to make this appear?)
Down to Open addon settings
Import Games -> Scraping mode -> set to interactive
Also changed 
Go to Rom
Right click ->
Rescrape Selected Game
(it seems to refresh, but nothing changes) 

---------------------------------------------
Second ?:
Can I sort by game console? 

---------------------------------------------

Third ?: (I am a noob to Kodi)

Is it common for repositories to be this out-of-date? 
https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser/releases
This link shows that 2.2.3 was released in 8/2018...