Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2010-11-10

Next test version is available: 0.7.6.

Changes:
  • config.xml creation wizard
  • create nfo files while scraping
  • new scraper: local nfo (reimports the nfo files)
  • create file missingArtwork.txt while scraping
  • create file missingDesc.txt while scraping
  • new option: Don't import games without description
  • new option: Don't import games without artwork
  • new option: Always rescan imported games

If there is no config.xml at startup you will be asked to create one. This will create a simple config.xml with default options for most scenarios. Advanced configuration still has to be done in the file itself.

nfo files will be created automatically while scraping (you can disable this in the settings). You can add or edit game properties in the nfo files and then reimport these files. You have to add the scraper <scraper name="local nfo" /> to your RomCollection in config.xml. It is a good idea to disable the other scrapers before doing this (saves a lot of time).

This should be the last 0.7 version. If I don't findy any more bugs in it I will submit it to the repo. Would be great if some of you could help with testing.

regards,
malte

Memory Usage - carabalb - 2010-11-11

Hey Malte,

2 things:

1. Memory usage seems kind of high. For my SNES collection every time I select a new new game, it seems to add about 3MB of memory usage to XBMC, so if i scroll through 100 games, then my xbmc memory increases by ~ 300MB! also it never seems to get cleared out even if i close the plugin. It could have something to do with the cache.

2. I can't seem to load videos in the config file.

- malte - 2010-11-11

1) Strange. Can't reproduce it here with Windows 7, Camelot and Dharma beta 2. Will try again on Linux and with beta 4. What is your system?

2) Damn. I forgot to add the imagePlacing optionSmile. You can do this on your own.

Add this to the ImagePlacing element in your config.xml:
Code:
<fileTypeFor name="gameinfosmallvideo">
    <fileTypeForGameList>boxfront</fileTypeForGameList>
    <fileTypeForGameListSelected>title</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
    <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>title</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
    <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>boxfront</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>
    <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>action</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>
    <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerLeft>title</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerLeft>
    <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>cartridge</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>
    <fileTypeForMainViewVideoWindowSmall>gameplay</fileTypeForMainViewVideoWindowSmall>
    <fileTypeForMainViewVideoFullscreen>gameplay</fileTypeForMainViewVideoFullscreen>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoViewGamelist>boxfront</fileTypeForGameInfoViewGamelist>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoViewBackground>title</fileTypeForGameInfoViewBackground>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoView1>hyperspin</fileTypeForGameInfoView1>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoView2>3dbox</fileTypeForGameInfoView2>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoView3>action</fileTypeForGameInfoView3>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoView4>title</fileTypeForGameInfoView4>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoViewVideoWindow>gameplay</fileTypeForGameInfoViewVideoWindow>
</fileTypeFor>

And change the imagePlacing tag in RomCollection to:
Code:
<imagePlacing>gameinfosmallvideo</imagePlacing>

Or just add the two lines to your existing ImagePlacing option:
Code:
<fileTypeForMainViewVideoWindowSmall>gameplay</fileTypeForMainViewVideoWindowSmall>
<fileTypeForMainViewVideoFullscreen>gameplay</fileTypeForMainViewVideoFullscreen>

- OldOne - 2010-11-12

Hi,

can someone help me getting sdlmame to run with the RCB?

I created a config on one example. but the list in RCB is still empty.
I also tried to start with minimal settings and than add more stuff maybe.
Code:
<config>
    <RCBSettings>        
        <logLevel>DEBUG</logLevel>
    </RCBSettings>
    <Consoles>        
        <Console>
            <name>mame</name>            
        </Console>
    </Consoles>
    <RomCollections>
           <RomCollection>
            <name>mame</name>    
                  <emulatorCmd>/usr/games/mame {"%ROM%"}</emulatorCmd>
                  <romPath>/media/Ext1000/emus/*.zip</romPath>
                  <mediaPath type="title">/media/STORAGE/BACKUP/Emulatoren/mame/.mame/snap/%ROM%.png</mediaPath>
        </RomCollection>
    </RomCollections>
</config>

what am I doing wrong?

the logfile says:

Code:
15:37:29 T:2903243632 M:1420132352  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Init Rom Collection Browser: /home/james/.xbmc/scripts/script.games.rom.collection.browser
15:37:29 T:2903243632 M:1420132352  NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 26018
15:37:29 T:2903243632 M:1420132352  NOTICE: /home/james/.xbmc/userdata/script_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/MyGames.db
15:37:29 T:2903243632 M:1420132352  NOTICE: Create Tables
15:37:29 T:2903243632 M:1420132352  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading configuration file: /home/james/.xbmc/userdata/script_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/config.xml
15:37:29 T:2903243632 M:1420132352  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Configuration error. RomCollection must have an attribute name
15:37:31 T:3079079824 M:1419792384   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting ?
15:37:31 T:3079079824 M:1419792384   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed
15:37:31 T:2903243632 M:1419792384  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin onInit
15:37:31 T:2903243632 M:1415729152   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /home/james/.xbmc/scripts/script.games.rom.collection.browser
15:37:36 T:3079079824 M:1395306496  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
15:37:36 T:3079079824 M:1395306496  NOTICE: Saving settings
15:37:36 T:3079079824 M:1395306496  NOTICE: stop all

- olafvs - 2010-11-12

Since the start of this project I was very interested in this project, but I haven't installed it yet because of the many manual adjustedments it needs. I kept on going back to this topic to follow it's progress. Now with the new update (0.7.6) it looks like this is becoming easier to set this up.

My question is: am I right? Is it easier to set this up? Is it possible to just select my roms dir and select my emulators and go? Or is it still lots of manual editting xml, config, etc. files?

I'm not looking for advanced configuration options. I just want my games in a basic library kind of layout where I can browse, click and play.

Thanks for your response.

- malte - 2010-11-12

@OldOne: Your first config looked like a 0.6.1 config that was automatically converted to the new 0.7.x format but it had some errors (e.g. you did not specify a file mask for your rom files). The current config is a minimal 0.6.1 config that is not valid with 0.7 anymore.

If you are already on 0.7.6, you should rename or delete your current config.xml and try to create a new one with the wizard. It will ask some questions (path to emu, path to roms and artwork, ...) and creates a valid config file for you.

@olafvs: I hope it is. Like explained above it should be easy to create a working configuration with the new version. But there may be some special tasks where you still have to look into the config file (e.g. rom collections that use the foldername as gamename etc.). Current version is still work in progress and needs some more testing and documentation (you can check the progress in the Preview doc in the wiki) but is already very stable on my system.

- ali2k1 - 2010-11-12

1 question what if a emulator has no arguments what do I put there if that exists. When I drag a rom over the emulator it launches straight to full screen but failing for some reason in rcb. I like rcb, launcher works but I want rcb. I'm still not giving up man %rom% this that!!lol! Il upload the nes cover by morning and sorry I have no gba covers.

- hikaricore - 2010-11-12

If you don't know how to use an emulator or it's cli options I suggest you read its manual.
And again for the 3rd time it's "%ROM%" exactly like that and that goes under arguments..

- malte - 2010-11-13

@carabalb:
I tried to reproduce this memory issue again, but it does not happen on my systems. Tested with Camelot, Dharma beta 2 and beta 4 on Windows 7 and with Camelot on Linux (Suse). Always tried different views, with debug, without debug etc. Memory consumption has always been as expected.

Could you give me some more details about your system (OS, XBMC) and configuration (RCB version, log level, ...)?

Does anyone else have this issue?

Memory Issue - carabalb - 2010-11-13

@malte:

I set up my config again and it got rid of the memory error. I must have done something weird but it seems to be fixed now.

- ali2k1 - 2010-11-14

Thanks man it's working turns out I had a space before "%ROM%".

Links for boxart.

http://hotfile.com/dl/62372635/ae805b2/NES_Box_Art_-_Complete.zip.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/62372634/a2702f6/Neo_Geo_Box_Art_-_Complete.zip.html*

http://hotfile.com/dl/62372636/14a4f62/Nintendo_64_Boxart_-_Complete.zip.html

- OldOne - 2010-11-14

malte Wrote:@OldOne: Your first config looked like a 0.6.1 config that was automatically converted to the new 0.7.x format but it had some errors (e.g. you did not specify a file mask for your rom files). The current config is a minimal 0.6.1 config that is not valid with 0.7 anymore.

If you are already on 0.7.6, you should rename or delete your current config.xml and try to create a new one with the wizard. It will ask some questions (path to emu, path to roms and artwork, ...) and creates a valid config file for you.

Hi,

thnx for the hint. I removed all old files and installed 7.6.
RCB imports and starts fine, but i get an emplty screen and cant see any of my 3 items, How can i debug this?

well somehow i got it to show me one of the 3 items, i also unchecked the "do not import if" stuff, but a reimport still give me only one item.

- malte - 2010-11-15

You could do a reimport and check xbmc.log for errors or warnings. Or upload the log file and I will have a look at it. If you only have 3 items, it may be better to delete MyGames.db first and do a clean import.

- jimyx17 - 2010-11-17

Hi malte,

first of all, Thanks! You have done a really good job! Now the bad news, I think I found a bug in dbupdate.py or gamedatabase.py files. When I try to import the full romset of N64, I get an exception with this message:
Code:
"IntegrityError: columns name, romCollectionId are not unique".

I got another exception when I try to run any of my loaded roms but, I think this is related to the first problem or a configuration problem. The error says:
Code:
"RCB_ERROR: unhandled Error in onAction: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'"

If I have enough time, I'll try to find the solution by myself.

Thanks a lot again

xbmc.log

- carabalb - 2010-11-17

@jimyx17: It seems like the scrapers have issues with sequels and unsupported characters. For example, I sometimes get an error or a mismatch because my rom names include the region which contains a parenthesis (eg. (USA) ). Also some sites don't have sequels which may cause it to think that you are looking up the same game twice.

@malte: I'm looking into adding my own scraper/parser, how should i format the parser to go through an xml file with multiple games. I tried to copy your local nfo parser but it only recognizes the first entry.