Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- The-Boxhead - 2010-12-28

and i also get this in debug:

Code:
20:22:46 T:3052538736 M:1421582336    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
20:22:46 T:3052538736 M:1421582336   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.TypeError
20:22:46 T:3052538736 M:1421582336   ERROR: Error Contents: Index out of range
20:22:46 T:3052538736 M:1421455360   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 239, in onInit
                                                self.loadViewState()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1387, in loadViewState
                                                self.setFilterSelection(CONTROL_GAMES_GROUP_START, rcbSetting[util.RCBSETTING_lastSelectedGameIndex])
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1429, in setFilterSelection
                                                selectedItem = self.getListItem(selectedIndex)
                                            TypeError: Index out of range
20:22:46 T:3052538736 M:1421455360    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

- BORIStheBLADE - 2010-12-29

OK, so I'm having some issues here..

So I'm trying to get my NES stuff working and have no luck.

-Setting path to nestopia.exe is easy
-When it ask to Enter the parameters for the emulator I put nothing, because with advanced launcher I didn't need to put anything in. I have also tried %nes%
-Select path of roms.. I point it to my .NES files.
- When it ask "Enter one or more file masks" I have tried .nes, nes and nothing.
- I point it to a folder for art to be stored.

After doing these tasks nothing happens.

I have used these NES games and launcher before so I know they work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

- bluenote - 2010-12-29

This plugin is really brilliant, thank you!

I'd like to see a SMS-filter like feature like there is in movies list, for example, where you spell the movie name?

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to exit ZSNES without picking up the keyboard. I can't seem to find any "QUIT" options or anything like that using the gamepad. Am I missing somethingHuh!

thanks

- Rocky5 - 2010-12-29

bluenote Wrote:This plugin is really brilliant, thank you!

I'd like to see a SMS-filter like feature like there is in movies list, for example, where you spell the movie name?

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to exit ZSNES without picking up the keyboard. I can't seem to find any "QUIT" options or anything like that using the gamepad. Am I missing somethingHuh!

thanks

it's in misc\misc keys you want to assign your key to exit and even reset (good for roms)

- carabalb - 2010-12-29

Try: %Rom%

BORIStheBLADE Wrote:OK, so I'm having some issues here..

-When it ask to Enter the parameters for the emulator I put nothing, because with advanced launcher I didn't need to put anything in. I have also tried %nes%
-Select path of roms.. I point it to my .NES files.
- When it ask "Enter one or more file masks" I have tried .nes, nes and nothing.
- I point it to a folder for art to be stored.

After doing these tasks nothing happens.

I have used these NES games and launcher before so I know they work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

- malte - 2010-12-29

The-Boxhead Wrote:seems to have found a small bug while scanning to database... if i hit cancel
it doesent stop the scanning process but titles goes on. It says Canceling... but it goes on

I tink this is more an XBMC issue than RCB, I have seen similar requests in other addon threads, too. But I will have a look at it.

The-Boxhead Wrote:Also for feature suggestion:
We need to have a way to manually add single roms or delete titles from the database ++
Current development version already has a context menu. So it will be more easy now to add these features soon.

The-Boxhead Wrote:Hrmf launching games stopped working also. it worked yesterday
but today no joy. when i select a game and push the button.... nothing.
Any other changes that you made on your system? From the logs I don't see an RCB related error so far.

The-Boxhead Wrote:Darned and also each time i reboot my xbmc the RCB automaticly starts
itself each time !
This happens if you start games in solo mode and RCB is not able to delete the file autoexec.py on next launch. Can you check if there is such a file in your userdata folder?

The-Boxhead Wrote:and i also get this in debug:
Seems that you somehow messed up your MaGames.dbSmile If you don't want to rebuild it (you can do this quite fast with the local nfo files), you can upload it somewhere and I may have a look at it.

BORIStheBLADE Wrote:OK, so I'm having some issues here..

You should use "%ROM%" in RCB (with "").

BORIStheBLADE Wrote:-Select path of roms.. I point it to my .NES files.
*.nes

bluenote Wrote:I'd like to see a SMS-filter like feature like there is in movies list, for example, where you spell the movie name?
Not really sure what you mean with this one. A search text box?

- epeters281 - 2010-12-29

Wow! Great Plug-in!! Took me a hot minute to figure out that %ROM% needed the quotes around it to not freak out the launcher.

I'm having some minor difficulties with roms from a series. I imagine I could go through and fix this with manually edited the nfo files, but the scrapers do such a nice job I'd prefer an automated way to pull this off...

Specific NES roms: The Legend of Zelda.nes and The Legend of Zelda 2.nes

The scrapper picks up The Legend of Zelda 2.nes as the Legend of Zelda (and launches it now too Big Grin ) then skips over The Legend of Zelda as it seems to fear it has a duplicate. Same thing happens with Wizards and Warrior series. Is there a file naming format that works well with the scrappers? (2 vs. II, no spaces, etc).

- Rocky5 - 2010-12-30

epeters281 Wrote:Specific NES roms: The Legend of Zelda.nes and The Legend of Zelda 2.nes

The scrapper picks up The Legend of Zelda 2.nes as the Legend of Zelda (and launches it now too Big Grin ) then skips over The Legend of Zelda as it seems to fear it has a duplicate. Same thing happens with Wizards and Warrior series. Is there a file naming format that works well with the scrappers? (2 vs. II, no spaces, etc).

I found this out the hard way, I had to rename 899 Sega and 381 Snes roms manually to there actual game names as the scraper kept think they were dups, when in fact they were a different games.

when 2 is used I usually use II as most games are not 2 there II, III, IV so on.

also if there named correctly it cuts down on scraping time Smile

The Legend of Zelda 2 is actually named Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

- MajorWoody - 2010-12-30

malte Wrote:Seems that you somehow messed up your MaGames.dbSmile If you don't want to rebuild it (you can do this quite fast with the local nfo files), you can upload it somewhere and I may have a look at it.

Speaking of local nfo files...

I updated this the other day and now I get this in the logs:

18:27:18 T:1016 M:965414912 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Configuration error. parseInstruction file C:\Users\lwoo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\scraper\00 - local nfo.xml does not exist.

And sure enough that xml file does not exist, although I am sure it did at one time. Where can I find a copy of that file?

Thanks,
Major

- malte - 2010-12-30

@epeters281, Rocky5: Are you using one of the latest versions (0.7.10 or 0.7.11)? I thought that I improved the matching of sequels since version 0.7.10. If you are on current version could you send me your "scrapeResule_possibleMismatches.txt"? Maybe I can find out what went wrong with these games.

@MajorWoody: Damn, you are rightSmile. I forgot to add this file to svn, so it is not in the repo. You can pick the latest version from the projects site: http://romcollectionbrowser.googlecode.com/files/script.games.rom.collection.browser-0.7.11.zip. This contains the scraper file.

- Rocky5 - 2010-12-30

malte Wrote:@epeters281, Rocky5: Are you using one of the latest versions (0.7.10 or 0.7.11)? I thought that I improved the matching of sequels since version 0.7.10. If you are on current version could you send me your "scrapeResule_possibleMismatches.txt"? Maybe I can find out what went wrong with these games.

Latest version 0.7.11, also here is my list though all games were imported.

- malte - 2011-01-01

EDIT: Damn, I just read your post again after writing all this. You renamed the roms BEFORE scrapingSmile I thought you had to rework all the game infos after scraping them. So the information below is only semi-useful.

@Rocky5: Thanks for the file. I checked it and the games that may be real mismatches should be these ones (maybe some of them are correct, but I am not sure):

Code:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Genesis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Space Bastards: Sudden Justice, Bastard!!
Disney's Aladdin in Nasira's Revenge, Aladdin
Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt!, Awesome Possum
Battle Mania Daiginj&#x14D;, Battle Mania
Brian Lara Cricket '99, Brian Lara Cricket
Commandos: Strike Force, Commandos
Virtual Corporation, Corporation
E-SWAT: Cyber Police, E-Swat
Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land, Exodus
Codemasters 2 in 1: Fantastic Dizzy + Cosmic Spacehead, Fantastic Dizzy
Tongue of the Fatman, Fatman
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Harry Potter
International Rugby Challenge, International Rugby
Joshua & the Battle of Jericho, Joshua
Tougi Ou: King Colossus, King Colossus
NBA Action '94, NBA Action
Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation : Hiragana Katakana Kakechata!, Pocket Monsters
Ivan &#x22;Iron Man&#x22; Stewart's Super Off Road, Super Offroad
The Faery Tale Adventure: Book I, The Faery Tale Adventure
Haunting Ground, The Haunting
Wiz 'n' Liz: The Frantic Wabbit Wescue, Wiz 'n' Liz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SNES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hagane: The Final Conflict, Hagane
Destroy All Humans!, Humans
Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle, Ranma
Strike Gunner S.T.G, Strike Gunner
At least all sequels that contain numbers seem to be matched correctly. Main problem is the subtitle matching that searches for partially matching strings. Results like "Space Bastards: Sudden Justice" --> "Bastard!!" are wrong for sure, but "E-SWAT: Cyber Police" may be a subtitle of "E-Swat", so this would be correct. There is no chance to get the correct result automatically.

What I will try to add in the future: Add an option that you can turn subtitle matching on/off and an option to let RCB ask the user for every possible mismatch. With these options users can do a first automatic scrape with subtitle matching turned off and a matching ratio of 1.0. This should import the majority of the game collection without asking and I guess < 1% mismatches. On the second run subtitle matching and asking for mismatches can be turned on to complete the collection.

Are there any games missing in this list that you had trouble with?

- Rocky5 - 2011-01-01

The Humans gets scraped as Destroy all Humans! lol wasn't even on this platform.

- ShadeBlack - 2011-01-04

I find scraping works a lot better if I remove all but "thegamesdb" scraper.
that way, I can control what gets imported by adding to its website, which will also have screenshot support in the future.

I'm really enjoying this script.
so far i can get, nes, snes, genesis, and n64 roms.
but gameboy games (using mednafen) seem to be getting completely skipped when trying to import them. after double checking everything, i can't find the reason why it's skipping it.

n64 roms also appear to have sluggish audio, but I think that's down to my Revos cpu. I might try the emu solo selection to see if it makes a difference. my question there is if it's possible to enable solo mode with just that Rom collection, so it only does it with the n64 roms?

update... after looking at the debug when scanning for gb and gba roms, i noticed:
Code:
02:06:38 T:2783918960 M:2671996928  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: unhandled Error in onAction: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 28-30: invalid data
this is because I had pokemon as Pokémon with the accent. as soon as it found this, the scanning stopped. I renamed it and hey-presto everything's fine.

- Xedar - 2011-01-04

Hi, i cant get it to work, script just halts with an error in right lower corner, is it due to my build? "PVR"
Ubuntu 10.10.

Code:
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706273792  NOTICE: XBMC Revision not available - Version String: 10.0 rDharma+pvr~odk48
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706273792    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706273792   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706273792   ERROR: Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'Settings'
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706273792   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py", line 52, in ?
                                                import gui
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 8, in ?
                                                import dbupdate
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/dbupdate.py", line 19, in ?
                                                class DBUpdate:
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/dbupdate.py", line 24, in DBUpdate
                                                Settings = util.getSettings()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/util.py", line 263, in getSettings
                                                settings = xbmc.Settings(RCBHOME)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Settings'
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706273792    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3705765888   DEBUG: xbp_dlopen loading python lib /usr/lib/xbmc/system/python/python24.zip/collections.so. flags: 2
10:10:32 T:3020887936 M:3705765888    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogKaiToast.xml
10:10:32 T:3020887936 M:3706019840   DEBUG: Load DialogKaiToast.xml: 1.80ms
10:10:32 T:3020887936 M:3706019840   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
10:10:32 T:3020887936 M:3706019840   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 0.01ms (0.00 ms skin load)
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706019840   DEBUG: Loading: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/collections.so
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706019840   DEBUG: RegisterExtensionLib, adding collections.so (0xb0102d70)
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706019840   DEBUG: xbp_dlsym - load symbol initcollections
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706019840    INFO: Python script stopped
10:10:32 T:2780842864 M:3706019840   DEBUG: Thread 2780842864 terminating
10:10:32 T:3020887936 M:3706019840   DEBUG: python thread 1 destructed

Regards