Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-01-18

Rocky5 Wrote:New version works great also my skin still functions correctly (with context menu)
Great! Interested in sharing your skin? Maybe I could integrate it as an optional view and I am sure I could learn from it.

Rocky5 Wrote:you may also want to add a toggle for the background image and any plain black images use a 4x4 image stretched, as the way its done the now kills my revo.
I don't really understand this correctly. I should use 4x4 stretched black image instead of background?

- sereal - 2011-01-19

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome work that has been done on this plugin. A good interface for emulators and roms is essential to me for my HTPC.

I have a couple of questions,
Is it possible to run the latest testing version with out getting rid of the current sable?

Is there a irc channel for this plugin? - I might be interested in contributing. I'm comfortable in python, but have no experience writing xbmc plugins.

What platform are the majority of people running this plugin on?

- malte - 2011-01-19

sereal Wrote:Is it possible to run the latest testing version with out getting rid of the current sable?
On Dharma not without some extra work. You can extract the test version to an extra folder in your addons dir but you have to edit the addon.xml file and change the addon id to have a unique one.

But it is not really necessary to do this in my oppinion. Only thing you should do if you want to play with test versions is to make a backup of your MyGames.db and config.xml. There is no relevant data in the addons dir, so you can flush it without problems and just reinstall the older version if you have trouble with the newer one. Maybe you need to restore your old Db and config if there have been changes to the data structure with the version you tested.

sereal Wrote:Is there a irc channel for this plugin? - I might be interested in contributing. I'm comfortable in python, but have no experience writing xbmc plugins.
Great! You got PM.

sereal Wrote:What platform are the majority of people running this plugin on?
If I should guess I would say Ubuntu or XBMC Live (is this build on Ubuntu, too?). But there are also a lot of Windows users.

I myself are developing on Windows 7 but my HTPC is build on Suse Linux (a decision that I regret every day). I also have it running on Xbox.

- Rocky5 - 2011-01-19

I will get it uploaded later tonight.

I haven't done Game info lol (I never use it) but its fully functioning with out it.

OK here it is all done. (context menu doesn't have a windowclose animation (doesn't work))

Download Sleek Skin

Cannot choose Folder - Thrasher666 - 2011-01-21

Hello my Proplem is, that there is only my dvd drive in the list?

Solution: Goto Main Directory where is shown all your Media (VIDEOS, Movies, Pictures, Profgrams, System) goto - system-datamanger - add volumes here

Greets

- kubax - 2011-01-22

Hi,

i'd like to use your RCB on Linux Ubuntu.

But got problems.

First i got problems with the missing pysqlite2 module.. but this problem is fixed now (i think so)

Now, when i'm trying to launch RCB my xbmc.log tracks this error...

Code:
15:09:40 T:140127107856128 M:1738784768    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
15:09:40 T:140127107856128 M:1738784768   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
15:09:40 T:140127107856128 M:1738784768   ERROR: Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'Settings'
15:09:40 T:140127107856128 M:1738784768   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py", line 52, in ?
                                                import gui
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 8, in ?
                                                import dbupdate
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/dbupdate.py", line 19, in ?
                                                class DBUpdate:
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/dbupdate.py", line 24, in DBUpdate
                                                Settings = util.getSettings()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/util.py", line 263, in getSettings
                                                settings = xbmc.Settings(RCBHOME)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Settings'
15:09:40 T:140127107856128 M:1738784768    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
15:09:40 T:140127107856128 M:1738784768    INFO: Python script stopped

any suggestions?

- malte - 2011-01-22

Looks like a problem with determining the revision (for Dharma/Camelot check).

Did you try the latest test version? I changed this part so I hope this will solve your problem.

- Weizenfeld - 2011-01-22

Hi everybody, its good to see you Smile

i have installed the setupTestScenario under Ubuntu. The roms are all shown in xbmc, but the problem is, i dont know how to start the games or rather how to config the xml file to start sdlmame. Here my config.xml file.

Code:
<RomCollection id="1" name="Amiga V1">
      <emulatorCmd>/usr/games/sdlmame</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>{-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/home/xbmc/Downloads/Testdata 0.7.x - local data\Collection V1\roms\*.adf</romPath>
      <romPath>PathToTestData\Collection V1\roms\*.ADF</romPath>
      <mediaPath type="title">/home/xbmc/Downloads/Testdata 0.7.x - local data\Collection V1\cover\%GAME%.jpg</mediaPath>

So the line "emulatorCmd" , what is the right code to start the roms with mame.
In windows its no problem, there is just the path to the .exe file. In the testData there are the paths to the windows emulator, how is the code for starting programms in ubuntu?

thank you!!!

Its good to have a place like this Smile

- kubax - 2011-01-22

malte Wrote:Looks like a problem with determining the revision (for Dharma/Camelot check).

Did you try the latest test version? I changed this part so I hope this will solve your problem.

THX, now it works. Great!!!

- malte - 2011-01-22

Weizenfeld Wrote:i have installed the setupTestScenario under Ubuntu. The roms are all shown in xbmc, but the problem is, i dont know how to start the games
The test scenario does not contain real games. There are just placeholder files to show how the script is configured. If you want to play them, you must replace the dummy files with real roms.

Weizenfeld Wrote:or rather how to config the xml file to start sdlmame.
For mame support you should also use the latest test version. You can create a new Rom Collection with the wizard and point it to your mame roms. RCB will scrape all required infos and artwork and uses special mame views to display extra artwork like cabinets and marquees.

Weizenfeld Wrote:So the line "emulatorCmd" , what is the right code to start the roms with mame.
In windows its no problem, there is just the path to the .exe file. In the testData there are the paths to the windows emulator, how is the code for starting programms in ubuntu?
You must change "emulatorCmd" and "emulatorParams" to fit your environment.

I guess emulatorCmd must be: /usr/bin/sdlmame and emulatorParams just "%ROM%". In the wizard you can navigate to the sdlmame binary and you will be asked for the emuParams ("%ROM%" is already offered as default).

More info about emu configuration can be found in Angelscrys great Wiki.

- waag - 2011-01-24

I didn't read every post in this thread but considering I have RCB 0.8 running I think it's safe to say that my findings are current.

What I'm talking about is the pysqlite2 problem that was solved earlier by bundling some libraries. This didn't work for me, so I did some research and have modified all python files that previously imported from pysqlite2 to instead import from sqlite3.

Code:
from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
now becomes
Code:
from sqlite3 import dbapi2 as sqlite
This makes the bundled libraries unneccessary and it also avoids the problem of pysqlite2 not being found. I'm not sure if this is a solution that would work for everyone but I wanted to put it here.

- malte - 2011-01-26

Thanks for the finding and the investigation.

I did not have these problems with the current version (Dharma and Camelot on Windows and Linux, prebuild and compiled by myself - the last one needed the bundled libs). What system (os and xbmc) are you on?

Maybe your distro already ships with sqlite3 and thats why it worked for you like this and not the other way. But anyway the download of the libraries should have worked also. I don't think that I will upgrade to sqlite3 until it is officially shipped with XBMC, so it may happen that you have to change your files again with the next update.

- waag - 2011-01-26

I'm running Gentoo Linux, so I probably have newer libs than many other distros. XBMC version is 10.0.

The problem I encounter using the bundled libs is about undefined symbol Py_InitModule4. This actually happened for both pysqlite2 and pylzma, so I ended up using my system version of pylzma as well. I guess this has something to do with my python environment here, but I'm not familiar enough with python to know what the problem is.

- jimyx17 - 2011-01-26

waag Wrote:I'm running Gentoo Linux, so I probably have newer libs than many other distros. XBMC version is 10.0.

The problem I encounter using the bundled libs is about undefined symbol Py_InitModule4. This actually happened for both pysqlite2 and pylzma, so I ended up using my system version of pylzma as well. I guess this has something to do with my python environment here, but I'm not familiar enough with python to know what the problem is.

mmmm, Are you compiling xbmc from portage or using the binaries? If you are compiling xbmc from portage, I can ensure it's your system environment. In gentoo every single USE flag can add or remove a symbol and the error you have is the one which appears when a binary python module try to resolve all symbol reference and there is someone that can't.

Sorry, but your best try by now is to compile those libraries by yourself, if you need some help doing so, let me know Wink

- waag - 2011-01-27

I figured it was something about my environment Smile Good to know what that error means anyway.

As I mentioned earlier I got RCB to work by using my systems versions of sqlite and pylzma instead so I'm good. Thanks for the offer though Smile