Kodi Community Forum
Night - A Skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - A Skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=70116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- mcborzu - 2010-03-29

Cool or too much?

See in Action - Youtube Link

While scrolling:

After 3 second pause

- hikaricore - 2010-03-29

Looks pretty sweet to me. ^_^
Do you plan on having watched/trailer overlays?
I see the press down for trailer message but I've become a fan of them being more noticeable.
Also where the trailer playback occur? Just curious. Smile

- mcborzu - 2010-03-29

hikaricore Wrote:Looks pretty sweet to me. ^_^
Do you plan on having watched/trailer overlays?
I see the press down for trailer message but I've become a fan of them being more noticeable.
Also where the trailer playback occur? Just curious. Smile

I'm in the opposite boat, I don't like anything obscuring the covers. I always uncheck those options. Though I will do watched overlays. The trailer on the first page shows it in action for one of the views, here are some pics of the trailers:

I wanted to do something along these lines but with different ratios of the trailers I went with that box...the 4:3 trailers really threw the look off

- paul - 2010-03-29

It's coming along very nicely.Big Grin

- hikaricore - 2010-03-29

Fair enough thanks for the watched overlay in advance. Smile
Wow I've not seen that mockup in awhile! Phyek, the most beautiful skin that never was.

- ValiantXI - 2010-03-29

It most certainly isnt to much. Its a great view. Keep it up man.

- Batemann - 2010-03-29

mcborzu Wrote:I'm in the opposite boat, I don't like anything obscuring the covers. I always uncheck those options. Though I will do watched overlays. The trailer on the first page shows it in action for one of the views, here are some pics of the trailers:

I wanted to do something along these lines but with different ratios of the trailers I went with that box...the 4:3 trailers really threw the look off

I'm Liking it. Very much. 1 thing: The borders around the trailer are a bit "too Much" for my taste. It messes with the clean look of the rest of the view. Maybe just removing the name of the trailer? Or is there a reason for showing that?

I Hope you will implement watched overlays... I have a large library, and like to have that kind of info... And you don't HAVE to place them ON the posters... maybe you can place a small icon next to the file tags-line? This way it blends in with the rest of the tags...

- Hijo del sol - 2010-03-29

Batemann Wrote:1 thing: The borders around the trailer are a bit "too Much" for my taste. It messes with the clean look of the rest of the view. Maybe just removing the name of the trailer? Or is there a reason for showing that?.

I second this. Love the sophistication of the skin but the border looks out of place which just draws more attention to it.

This skin is definitely above and beyond the rest! Thank you! Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-03-29

Thx for the replies, yea there is a bunch of stuff like the trailer border that I have the code in place but not in love with the final look...I throw some pics up when I touch them up

- Chubster - 2010-03-29

mcborzu Wrote:Heres my take on fullscreen music playback:

See in action, notice the skin automatically adjusts to whether you have cdART or not, - Youtube Link
In case that version was blocked - Vimeo Link

Fanart version

Really like this......Infact really like the whole concept. Excellent work.....That said I am not to keen on the jukebox view, (personal taste thats all) Will we be able to turn that view off ?

- Chubster - 2010-03-29

Actually....I will take the Jukebox comment back - just watched the youtube vid and can see how that could work well

- xmurrx - 2010-03-29

love the way this skin is looking, infact i just registered at the fourm just to comment on it and ask a few questions.

I love the TV Show views you have now, but i was wondering if u could add a list view like in confluence. Also, in regard to the trailers. What if you dont have any trailers? will there just be a empty space at the top of the screen? just wondering as i dont care for trailers.

Also do u have any idea when this will be coming out? as I can not look at confluence any more after seeing this. When is spring 2010.

- mcborzu - 2010-03-29

Quote:I love the TV Show views you have now, but i was wondering if u could add a list view like in confluence. Also, in regard to the trailers. What if you dont have any trailers? will there just be a empty space at the top of the screen? just wondering as i dont care for trailers.

Trailer window only appears if you activate it...My list view is this, won't look like Confluence since one of my philosophies is no panels...

xmurrx Wrote:Also do u have any idea when this will be coming out? as I can not look at confluence any more after seeing this. When is spring 2010.

lol, reason I say "Spring" as it gives me flexibility. I'm whipping things up at a fast pace. Super Optimistic early May, more realistic End of May...

I think my to do list:

re-do VideoOSD-the screen you get when press 'enter' while playing a video
Finish Setting section and options
2x check font translatability plus put them into strings to translate
Global music 'now playing'
Some Playlist dialogs
Just general cleanup/touchup of stuff like the trailer window

See the 'to do' list isn't that big...

**EDIT**
Funny thing to - The skin is releasing right around the time the addon merge/10.5 release so I hopefully it's not to much to incorporate whatever the DEVS are up too.

- mcborzu - 2010-03-30

update on trailers:

See in action - Youtube Link

No clue why I went with that box, a trailer mod was one of the first things I did...I like the clean look of no border at all, thoughts?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-30

looking good, but even on a PDP its hard to watch the small trailers...

Furthermore it would be great if the animations of this skin were smooth as possible.
Imho thats the key for a good viewing experience.

Greetz
Ubuntuf4n