Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-02-24

odt_x Wrote:I'm having the same issue, running my own git build from 10 days ago. Gonna compile from current git just now, cause I noticed this in the debug log when loading:

10:01:16 T:5048 M:2462879744 INFO: Loading colors from C:\Users\oliver\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\colors\caelatum.xml
10:01:16 T:5048 M:2462863360 INFO: Loading fonts from C:\Users\oliver\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Font.xml
10:01:16 T:5048 M:2457960448 INFO: load new skin...
10:01:16 T:5048 M:2457960448 INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml
10:01:16 T:5048 M:2457899008 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: HiddenButton
10:01:16 T:5048 M:2457784320 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
10:01:16 T:5048 M:2457784320 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 3
10:01:17 T:5048 M:2457440256 INFO: Loading user windows, path C:\Users\oliver\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p

10 days ago is too old and why I recommended the official nightlie build from 21/2/11.

- dillinger - 2011-02-24

Hi Hitcher

Just wanted to register and say thanks for the great work you've done. I've been on sick leave for the last week and I've spent my time setting up XBMC and your skin. Still got a bit to go before I'm totally satisfised (haven't figured out how to enable the lyrics button etc), but browsing these forums is of big help. I noticed that the newest version enables custom items on the main menu, which I loved! As others have noted though, my images for each category was missing, so I reverted back to an older version. Hope to see the new version working soon. Again, thanks for all your effort put into this skin!

- Hitcher - 2011-02-24

You need this version of XBMC to be able to use the new home style.

Lyrics will work 'out of the box' unless you want to use a different lyric script than the default in which case simply set it in Alaska's settings.

- dillinger - 2011-02-24

Thank you, the menu works perfectly now. My problem with the lyrics is that I cannot find the button itself. From what I understand a lyrics button is supposed to show up in the OSD, like subtitles do for movies (subtitles work by the way). But when I start a song and press "M" I still just get the regular buttons. I've tried using two different lyrics scripts. I'm sure I'm missing something VERY basic...

- ruins - 2011-02-24

I use xbmc-live on a small acer aspire revo. To use the new Alaska is there a repository that is this up to date? Or should i compile xbmc from source and install?

- Hitcher - 2011-02-24

dillinger Wrote:Thank you, the menu works perfectly now. My problem with the lyrics is that I cannot find the button itself. From what I understand a lyrics button is supposed to show up in the OSD, like subtitles do for movies (subtitles work by the way). But when I start a song and press "M" I still just get the regular buttons. I've tried using two different lyrics scripts. I'm sure I'm missing something VERY basic...

Press ENTER when in the visualisation screen.

- t2ffn - 2011-02-24

How do i turn auto update off? I looked but couldn't find the setting in time, now I have no icons Undecided

I will reinstall the previous version, but want to disable auto-update

- paul s - 2011-02-24

Hi Hitcher,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but here I go anyway! I've been running XBMC for a few weeks and have been using Alaska Revisited (which is awesome btw). Twice now I've had a problem where the skin has returned to Confluence with no intervention and also the repository added from the zip file has also disappeared. Have you got any ideas?

I should add that I'm using Windows 7 with Dharma release. The first time it happened to coincide with me connecting via VNC, however this time I was not using VNC at all.

Thanks

Paul

Enabling Custom Item.... - Chubster - 2011-02-24

Hi....I am trying to add Iplayer as a custom item to my home menu. I have it working but the Iplayer Image isnt showing on Home page so not sure I am doing it totally correct.

What I did.

Enable Custom Item
Select Add on
Get More - Iplayer
Then selected Iplayer from the Media Sources List

It then asks for Name, fair enough - Typed Iplayer, then image. Obviously because I dont have one then "No Thumbnail" is being shown

Realise if I download the image then all will probably work but is the way I have done it "correct"

I would assume I would just choose IPlayer and it (XBMC) would do the rest

Should Iplayer be a "favourite" Huh

- Chubster - 2011-02-24

paul s Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but here I go anyway! I've been running XBMC for a few weeks and have been using Alaska Revisited (which is awesome btw). Twice now I've had a problem where the skin has returned to Confluence with no intervention and also the repository added from the zip file has also disappeared. Have you got any ideas?

I should add that I'm using Windows 7 with Dharma release. The first time it happened to coincide with me connecting via VNC, however this time I was not using VNC at all.

Thanks

Paul

I believe this is because XBMC is auto updating...each update wipes the skin

You can Press left/right or up/down when in Add-Ons Screen to get to the screen to turn this off

- Chubster - 2011-02-24

t2ffn Wrote:How do i turn auto update off? I looked but couldn't find the setting in time, now I have no icons Undecided

I will reinstall the previous version, but want to disable auto-update

Goto Addons screen in settings then press left arrow key. You should now see options to turn auto update off

- WheresWaldo - 2011-02-24

Cashtro Wrote:Hello Hitcher,

Nice work on version 2.80 i like the Caelatum theme but can't u change the color of the player mode? Its transparant . Maybe change it to steel look ?

I hope i hear from u soon

Regards
Cashtro

Show me a screenshot with explanation of what you are looking for and I will think about how it can be changed

- paul s - 2011-02-24

Thanks Chubster, I'll give that a go.

- Chubster - 2011-02-24

Chubster Wrote:Hi....I am trying to add Iplayer as a custom item to my home menu. I have it working but the Iplayer Image isnt showing on Home page so not sure I am doing it totally correct.

What I did.

Enable Custom Item
Select Add on
Get More - Iplayer
Then selected Iplayer from the Media Sources List

It then asks for Name, fair enough - Typed Iplayer, then image. Obviously because I dont have one then "No Thumbnail" is being shown

Realise if I download the image then all will probably work but is the way I have done it "correct"

I would assume I would just choose IPlayer and it (XBMC) would do the rest

Should Iplayer be a "favourite" Huh

Sorted it by browsing home folder...

I REALLY do love this theme. Cheers Hitcher !

- t2ffn - 2011-02-25

I'm told 10.1 isn't available for Live... well thats a bummer, I will have to go get the old Alaska Revisited back Huh