Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- ruins - 2011-02-26

ruins Wrote:I use xbmc-live on a small acer aspire revo. To use the new Alaska is there a repository that is this up to date? Or should i compile xbmc from source and install?

I ended up compiling the source and installing. Alaska is back to normal.

t2ffn Wrote:I'm told 10.1 isn't available for Live... well thats a bummer, I will have to go get the old Alaska Revisited back Huh

I was in the same boat, i compiled and installed the latest version from git and Alaska is back to normal. The version im running now is actually called PRE: 11.0 or something like that. If you are not good at compiling or installing things from source though i wouldn't recommend this.

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-26

Updated German language file (2.8.5): Added "Random Play" strings

- meridius - 2011-02-27

Hi all
can anyone tell me how to delete the thumbnail video cache not the movies or tv show lib cache.

the reson is that i want the videos to use banner.jpg for the seasons and folder.jpg in the lib of tv shows and movies

is this possable as i have xbmc remote and it keeps getting the larger thumbs instead of the banners as i have loaded some of them up when in thta state and i can not change them as i need to delete the cache somehow

can anyone help me as i use alaska skin and can not seem to find it

thanks

- Hitcher - 2011-02-27

Delete the Textures.db.

- Tompie - 2011-02-27

I might be obvious for some (it wasn't for me), but by adding the following line in the favorites.xml file and choosing it in the customization screen, you can place a shutdown shortcut on the homescreen:

<favourite name="Shutdown">xbmc.shutdown()</favourite>

This definitely avoids the typical question when newbies play with my xbmc: how do I turn it off!

- proson - 2011-02-27

Hi Hitcher,

Found a small bug: Hide music files sub menu dosn't work.

Corrected this by changing CustomSettings.xml line 1200-1201

Code:
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Hidemusiclibrary)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(Hidemusiclibrary)</selected>

to this

Code:
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideMusicFiles)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(HideMusicFiles)</selected>

Cheers

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-27

I don't see the "Media Totals" in the main menu.

Bug?

- furii - 2011-02-27

Tompie Wrote:I might be obvious for some (it wasn't for me), but by adding the following line in the favorites.xml file and choosing it in the customization screen, you can place a shutdown shortcut on the homescreen:

<favourite name="Shutdown">xbmc.shutdown()</favourite>

This definitely avoids the typical question when newbies play with my xbmc: how do I turn it off!

i'm a little confused, exit/shutdown/reboot/hibernate are all submenu options on the settings home item, why would you need this? they are all options when you hit S as well now that i think about it. this just seems like unnecessary work unless i'm missing something.

- Hitcher - 2011-02-27

TomPiXX Wrote:I don't see the "Media Totals" in the main menu.

Bug?

Missed adding them when I rewrote the home screen and I can't for the life me get them working in the new one properly so it looks like I'll have to remove the feature altogether.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-28

furii Wrote:i'm a little confused, exit/shutdown/reboot/hibernate are all submenu options on the settings home item, why would you need this? they are all options when you hit S as well now that i think about it. this just seems like unnecessary work unless i'm missing something.

agreed. especially when you can shutdown directly from your remote/keyboard using a key press.

- Cranial - 2011-02-28

I'm running Alaska Revisited on my ATV2, and me being me, I updated without reading the warnings...

So, how do I revert to a pre 2.8 version of Alaska Revisited?

- hoobyjuice - 2011-02-28

furii Wrote:i'm a little confused, exit/shutdown/reboot/hibernate are all submenu options on the settings home item, why would you need this? they are all options when you hit S as well now that i think about it. this just seems like unnecessary work unless i'm missing something.

On a related note, can someone please tell me how to edit that S screen to have both 'quit' and 'shutdown' as options?
Smile

- Muskyinoz - 2011-02-28

Cranial Wrote:I'm running Alaska Revisited on my ATV2, and me being me, I updated without reading the warnings...

So, how do I revert to a pre 2.8 version of Alaska Revisited?

me too Sad

by the way, I'm LOVING the horizontal view Nod

- littledog - 2011-02-28

Great theme, very well designed. Would love to see an Exit button on the top level of the menu and perhaps moving the square graphic on the submenus to the left on things like iPlayer so you can id long title quicker, that said, great work Hitcher.

- Tompie - 2011-02-28

@furii: everything we ever do is increasing the wife acceptance factor !