Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Juno - 2011-04-26

Damn. All original Alaska and first Alaska mods have polish diacritical marks.
Now, Your latest mods have not. :/
I need to find original Alaska Revisited and copy fonts to proper place.
I hope its easy. Smile

- Tiny Clanger - 2011-04-27

WheresWaldo Wrote:Why not just use the unstable ppa here: ppa:team-xbmc/unstable

Thanks — I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to be working. Looking at the repository, it's got builds for natty, maverick and lucid — but this XBMC Live install is on Karmic.

I hope they're not going to drop Karmic support completely — upgrading a Live install is going to be a drag, if only because I don't just have XBMC on this box Sad

- furii - 2011-04-29

seem to have encountered a bug. enabling "Hide 'New Movies' Status" disables the New Movies submenu entry on the default home screen. hopefully this can be fixed. the reason i went to disable the new movie status icon is that it's a bit superfluous to have them show up when looking at recently added movies. enabling "Hide 'New Episodes' Status" does not disable the New Episodes submenu entry. i believe this should be the expected behavior.

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

Thanks for spotting that; I inadvertently used the same label for both settings.

- GJones - 2011-04-30

Hitcher, love the skin, find it terribly useful. I have two questions:
  • Would it be possible to have the play disc home item be available for disabling? I never play directly from the drives but they might not be empty. Sometimes it shows up even when the drive is empty (I know, XBMC's fault, not Alaska Revisited).
  • An option to not play TV Themes even if they are present? I use unRaid. Browsing through my library does not spin up the disks unless it looks for the theme.

Thanks for all the hard work. The way XBMC looks with Alaska Revisited makes me want to buy a more expensive TV.

- Hitcher - 2011-04-30

Not sure why XBMC is showing it when it's not empty.

Just disable the TV Theme addon should do the trick.

- sialivi - 2011-05-01

Hitcher,
Resurrecting this Bug/Request, it seems it *is* up to the skin to handle this after all by providing a close button. Here's the ticket with the dev comments. I'm guessing XeeBo also is missing this.

Quote:[Bug?]
Not sure about this, but I think the new "Please insert the following disc:" dialog for offline movies is supposed to have a cancel option. Right now there's only an "Eject/Load" option and the only way to cancel is to press 'esc'

Hitcher Wrote:Nothing to do with the skin.

- Hitcher - 2011-05-02

I still don't really see that it's up to the skin when there's a button (ESC) that closes it and it looks like in the future BACK will also work.

As for XeeBo, that's not for nightlies anyway.

- sialivi - 2011-05-02

Not all remotes have an esc button.

But I agree that it seems like this should be handled by XBMC and not the skin, so feel free to raise your voice before it's set in stone.

- GJones - 2011-05-02

Hitcher Wrote:Not sure why XBMC is showing it when it's not empty.

Just disable the TV Theme addon should do the trick.

I disabled the themes, which drastically improved browsing times. My TV Shows are spread out over four drives, one or two of which are almost always asleep.

For the drive showing up, I will check to see if I can get XBMC to just ignore it altogether.

Thanks, as always, for a great job.

- Hitcher - 2011-05-02

sialivi Wrote:Not all remotes have an esc button.

But I agree that it seems like this should be handled by XBMC and not the skin, so feel free to raise your voice before it's set in stone.

Back will be mapped to close them -

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11438#comment:7

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-05-03

Hello,

A don't understand why I can have backdrops on homescreen if I turn on the default home screen.

Can you help ?

Thank you

- Hitcher - 2011-05-03

On the default home style you see the 'Artwork' in the windows.

- sialivi - 2011-05-06

[Bug]
When "Scroll Plot" is enabled, not only the plot is scrolling on the Movie Info screen but the list of actors is as well.

Request
When using the Panel Square viewtype for Artists, it would be nice if the biography was show below the fanart, just like how the Review is shown below the fanart for Albums.

- pHo - 2011-05-07

Would it be possible to make an amendment to the includes_mediaflags.xml file to add the following:

Code:
<visible>!substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) + !substring(listitem.filename,hd tv) + !substring(listitem.filename,web-dl) + !substring(listitem.filename,dvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,bluray) + !substring(listitem.filename,blu-ray) + !substring(listitem.filename,bdrip) + !substring(listitem.filename,.iso,Right) + !substring(listitem.filename,.ifo,Right) + !substring(listitem.filename,divx) + !substring(listitem.filename,sdtv) + !substring(listitem.filename,.img,Right) + !substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,hd-dvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,dvhs) + !substring(listitem.filename,dtheater)</visible>

and

Code:
                        <control type="image">
                            <include>PosterMediaFlagsVars</include>
                            <texture>flags/source/hdtv.png</texture>
                            <visible>substring(listitem.filename,hd tv)</visible>
                        </control>

?

All it does is add support for the 'HD TV' tag that Sick Beard uses in it's episode renaming. For some reason they're adamant that they won't switch out to 'HDTV' which is logical, so currently it means every time Alaska updates I have to edit that file by hand. I can't think of a reason that it would affect users other than people who use SB. Cheers.