Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-10-11

They should appear above the fanart image in place of the title but something's changed so I'll have a look later and see if I can fix it.

- vzey - 2011-10-11

Hitcher Wrote:They should appear above the fanart image in place of the title but something's changed so I'll have a look later and see if I can fix it.

...so it's not possible to get a logo 'grid' of just logos but no fanart?

- a6unx - 2011-11-04

I luv the skin on Apple Tv2. Seeing the screenshots and demo videos I can see the Movie icon in the homescreen and the TV show icons are dynamic and displays the movie/tv show fan art as an icon in the homescreen. I cant get to do that. I only see the default static icons for Movies/Tv shows/Music. Played around the setting to try and find a way to activate this cool feature but not possible. Any help will be appreciated. Thx again for the gr8 skin ;-) I downloaded the TV banners and fanart using the manual scrapper using the alaska settings too. Using the latest nighty build from your repo (I just bought my ATV2 2 days back)

- live4ever - 2011-11-08

I'm running OpenELEC Eden-nightly (from the weekend) and the sub-menus for Default Home 1 only are allowing me to press one down once to see the first and second menu item. This occurs on all the icons (Apps, Video, Movies etc.) even the ones that have no custom sub-menus.

I've deleted guisettings.xml reinstalled Alaska Revisited 3.0.10 etc. - anyone else have this happen with the newer nightlies?

- mugencivic - 2011-11-12

Hi,

the link to the Alaska Repo is broken.
can you fix it please?

Thanks

- JonSnow - 2011-11-12

Hi Mate

I'm trying to set up the Cinema Experience but the link for the 2.7.6 is broken.

Is there anywhere else I could download it from?

http://xbmc-repo-hitchers.googlecode...ited-2.7.6.zip

Cheers

- bandelguy - 2011-11-12

@Hitcher: Does the alaska svn support tv show logos, artist logos? Do you have plans to update the skin in line with eden dev?

which is the most recent version- svn or the repo?

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-11-13

hi Hitcher,

I would like to make some changes in alaska.

This dialogfullscreeninfo.xml I have, on screen, plot, director, year, etc. infos and the media cover.

If a movie is playing, there is the cover box. If a tv show is playing, it is the episode thumbnail. I would like to have instead the tvshow folder.jpg or season0x.tbn.

But I don't know how to make the changes.

Can you help me?

w2w

- craigd - 2011-11-14

I've finally started moving to pre eden after using an old version I modded of alaska for past year or so but I'm having problems with the new versions home menu items.

I've installed 3.0.10 from hitchers repo on a win7 pc and an openelec box and both have same behaviour where submenu items are not shown.

I'm running builds from november on both but on home menu when I press up I see all the recently added items but when pressing down I see the first button to play random but other submenus labels do not change. If I press down 3 times for example it will still show "play random movie" but will open genres when pressed.

If I add custom items they display properlly bbut the labels for predefined submenu items don't show, this happens the same on all home menu items.

Anyone else had this or know what would cause it?

- Hitcher - 2011-11-15

a6unx Wrote:I luv the skin on Apple Tv2. Seeing the screenshots and demo videos I can see the Movie icon in the homescreen and the TV show icons are dynamic and displays the movie/tv show fan art as an icon in the homescreen. I cant get to do that. I only see the default static icons for Movies/Tv shows/Music. Played around the setting to try and find a way to activate this cool feature but not possible. Any help will be appreciated. Thx again for the gr8 skin ;-) I downloaded the TV banners and fanart using the manual scrapper using the alaska settings too. Using the latest nighty build from your repo (I just bought my ATV2 2 days back)
Settings > Alaska > Home Artwork
live4ever Wrote:I'm running OpenELEC Eden-nightly (from the weekend) and the sub-menus for Default Home 1 only are allowing me to press one down once to see the first and second menu item. This occurs on all the icons (Apps, Video, Movies etc.) even the ones that have no custom sub-menus.

I've deleted guisettings.xml reinstalled Alaska Revisited 3.0.10 etc. - anyone else have this happen with the newer nightlies?
Never used it so I can't help you sorry.
mugencivic Wrote:Hi,

the link to the Alaska Repo is broken.
can you fix it please?

Thanks
Works fine - http://skin-alaska-revisited.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
JonSnow Wrote:Hi Mate

I'm trying to set up the Cinema Experience but the link for the 2.7.6 is broken.

Is there anywhere else I could download it from?

http://xbmc-repo-hitchers.googlecode...ited-2.7.6.zip

Cheers
Had to delete it, sorry.
bandelguy Wrote:@Hitcher: Does the alaska svn support tv show logos, artist logos? Do you have plans to update the skin in line with eden dev?

which is the most recent version- svn or the repo?
TV logos (look in the settings to enable) but not artist. Probably not - too busy on other things.
wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:hi Hitcher,

I would like to make some changes in alaska.

This dialogfullscreeninfo.xml I have, on screen, plot, director, year, etc. infos and the media cover.

If a movie is playing, there is the cover box. If a tv show is playing, it is the episode thumbnail. I would like to have instead the tvshow folder.jpg or season0x.tbn.

But I don't know how to make the changes.

Can you help me?

w2w
Check here for all the different image labels.
craigd Wrote:I've finally started moving to pre eden after using an old version I modded of alaska for past year or so but I'm having problems with the new versions home menu items.

I've installed 3.0.10 from hitchers repo on a win7 pc and an openelec box and both have same behaviour where submenu items are not shown.

I'm running builds from november on both but on home menu when I press up I see all the recently added items but when pressing down I see the first button to play random but other submenus labels do not change. If I press down 3 times for example it will still show "play random movie" but will open genres when pressed.

If I add custom items they display properlly bbut the labels for predefined submenu items don't show, this happens the same on all home menu items.

Anyone else had this or know what would cause it?
Never used it so I can't help you sorry.

- mugencivic - 2011-11-15

Hitcher Wrote:How to install

- Download xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip and Install
- Then Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Hitcher's Repository > Skin > Alaska Revisited
- Select 'Install'

Thanks, i found it in your Siganture.
But the link in the first Post is broken...

- Hitcher - 2011-11-15

Fixed, thanks.

- mugencivic - 2011-11-16

I have to thanks.

I love the Alaska Skin. Its my absolut favorite.

- fatal. - 2011-11-16

Hey Hitcher,

Very new to xbmc and loving this theme, just have a questions about how the theme stays updated.

I've added your repository to the xbmc addons and installed/enabled your skin...but how does the skin itself stay updated?

Does XBMC update the repository automatically? If so, does this only happen if you restart xbmc? What if your HTPC is always on and you never close/shutdown the htpc?

live4ever Wrote:I'm running OpenELEC Eden-nightly (from the weekend) and the sub-menus for Default Home 1 only are allowing me to press one down once to see the first and second menu item. This occurs on all the icons (Apps, Video, Movies etc.) even the ones that have no custom sub-menus.

I'm also running openELEC nightly (generic build/pre-eden) and do not have this issue, I am able to scroll through all sub-menus (custom or not) by pressing down/up etc.

Take Care

- Hitcher - 2011-11-16

XBMC will update the repos every 6 hours, if there's something new you'll get updated automatically (if you've enabled it) if not you'll get a message telling you there's an update.