Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-06-22

You'll see that $INFO[ListItem.Icon] appears in several image control group but you only need to change the ones that have <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible> in them as well.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-22

furii Wrote:quick question about studios. when v2 of tmdb went live so did the ability to have multiple studios for a release. since the skin (i believe) looks for a .png file that matches what is in the studio cell in the video database many movies come up unknown for the studio. for instance "20th Century Fox / Bazmark Films" for batman begins. is it possible to have the skin truncate the name at the slash? so instead of looking for "20th Century Fox / Bazmark Films.png" it would just look for "20th Century Fox"

personally i've just been editing the Includes_MediaFlags.xml to remove the studio altogether, but i think having them is a nice touch and would like it to work if possible.
I can't see any studio info at tmdb and even if there was I'm sure XBMC would only use the first one listed. If it added more then it would stop studio images from working because the path wouldn't work as '20th Century Fox / Bazmark Films'.

- furii - 2010-06-22

Hitcher Wrote:I can't see any studio info at tmdb and even if there was I'm sure XBMC would only use the first one listed. If it added more then it would stop studio images from working because the path wouldn't work as '20th Century Fox / Bazmark Films'.

that's exactly the point i was trying to get across.

i'm running r31280 and that is from a fresh scrape of 30 or so movies. if a movie listed only has one studio it works fine. however if a movie has multiple studios listed there is a slash separating them. in order to see the studios on tmdb you need to be logged in and click the pencil next to movie facts and there will be a production company tab listing the studios.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-22

In that case Studio flags will be broken for multiple entries for all skins from now because they'll only work with one studio.

- furii - 2010-06-22

Hitcher Wrote:In that case Studio flags will be broken for multiple entries for all skins from now because they'll only work with one studio.

yea, that's what i figured. i just wasn't sure if there was a workaround for this at the skin level. i wonder if i should make a trac ticket for this.

edit: nope, no point. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75143 seems i'm back to editing out the studio from the xml. i'm way too lazy to update the database for 200+ movies Smile

- Hitcher - 2010-06-23

That's why I use EMM.

- joshaube - 2010-06-24

Hello, new user and a new fan of your revision of Alaska.

I know that this version is for personal usage, and is mainly unsupported, but I had a question that doesn't really require anything other then some knowledge of past versions. I had a previous build of XBMC and of this skin, likely around 2-3 months ago. On that build and skin version, I was able to use various viewtypes when navigating through both the REVISION3 and Apple Trailers plugins. However, when I load them using current versions of XBMC and Alaska Revisited, I can only use the 'file' viewtype. Did you remove the other viewtypes because you don't use them?

If so, is there a specific .xml file from a previous release I could copy over to re-enable these viewtypes in the plugins?

Thanks. Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-24

That would probably have something to do with the way plugins are now accessed. The devs changed a bunch of stuff regarding them and as such, things are bound to go a bit funny.

- joshaube - 2010-06-24

Oh, that makes sense. Oh well... I can live without the other viewtypes. I wonder if downgrading to an earlier XBMC version would help, or do more harm?

Another question... is there a way to disable Pictures, Weather and etc from Home Style 1? I took a look at the code, but all I could do was remove submenus, the images, or delete the square option altogether - although it left quite a large empty space, and the empty space was still selectable.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-24

It is possible to remove them from the default Home style but it requires numerous visible and include conditions which ultimately slow things down.

- joshaube - 2010-06-24

Thanks for the response Hitcher, in that case I won't bother removing the modules entirely. Could you, however, highlight which .xml file would need to be edited to change the 'IPLAYER TV' and 'IPLAYER RADIO' text in the submenus?

I am trying to switch the IPLAYER TV under TELEVISION SHOWS to instead direct to the Revision3 plugin. I have successfully changed the logo to the revision3 logo, and it now redirects to the correct plugin, but I cannot for the life of me find out how to change the IPLAYER text to read something akin to 'REVISION3'

- Hitcher - 2010-06-24

Language/English/strings.xml

- joshaube - 2010-06-24

Perfect! Is the actual tab names also held within that xml file, or in another? Instead of removing Pictures and Weather, I altered them to direct to Hulu (launcher) and Revision3 respectively. But I cannot edit the titles, they still are labeled as Pictures and Weather.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-24

They're fetched from XBMC's own language string. If you look here for the label's id you want to change then simply replace it with a new one that you then add to skin.alaska.revisited/Language/English/strings.xml.

- furii - 2010-06-24

just pulled r14 and noticed a bug

this happens on all view types. poster, files, landscape, etc.