Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Elbert - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Done for next update -

Thanks a lot for that!

Also have a question, when an addon is running, let's say 'Apple Movie Trailers lite', only the default viewtype 'Files' is available. Would it be difficult to let the addon also use the other viewtypes that are normally available under movies/tv?

- Malard - 2010-07-16

Hitcher, on the fanart.png file, which gets used as a backdrop when switching skin or updating the skin, you have the time printed into the backdrop.

If you want to update the skin, it looks wierd when you have a different time than what the fan art has, i.e i think the fan art was captured at around 23:00~ but if i look at it at 9 am, there is a ghostly number 2 in the background, reading 29:23 etc,

I hope i'm making sense i will try and screengrab it tonight to show you what i mean, but perhaps photoshopping out the the time would make it look better?

Thanks

- meridius - 2010-07-16

hitcher is there anyway of adding some new view types to your skin ? i realy do like the mediainfo view form the big alaska but the fonts are to big in thta one as i like the size hof your skin and it even works well with teh tv series episodes.

is there naynew views in your skin ?

i ahve tried to mod your skin but i jsut dont know what i am doing to be honest trying to figure it out but not teh best at it

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

quebert Wrote:Thanks, but I must be blind I don't see this, or anything similar. I went thru all the options in the settings trying to find it. If it's supposed to be in the video settings I'm either totally blind or my Revisited is b0rked. I guess I'll keep looking, now many settings menus in this skin so I don't see how I could be overlooking something.

Then you clearly don't have the latest version (1.1.2). Follow the instructions in the first post.

- Weavus - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Then you clearly don't have the latest version (1.1.2). Follow the instructions in the first post.
Maybe I'm missing something but 1.1.2 does not seem to be in svn http://code.google.com/p/skin-alaska-revisited/source/list, however 1.1.2 is available as a package from your repository.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

Always update through the Add-on repo (that's what it's there for after all) as the SVN is just my personal back-up.

- k1282 - 2010-07-16

hi,
i am currently running the most recent xbmc nightly build but i somehow am not able to upgrade to the newest alaska revisited version. i choose the zip file and it still shows me that i can download/install v1.0.3. how can i install the most recent version? do i have to delete or uninstall specific things?

- quebert - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Always update through the Add-on repo (that's what it's there for after all) as the SVN is just my personal back-up.

Well this makes sense, I thought because I was updating the SVN multiple times a day I had the latest version. The option/button is now show up - beautiful!

Question to anyone else who might know, I think this is probably an XBMC thing and has nothing to do with this skin. But, when I selected the install add-on from zip, the only drive it would let me access is my virtual CD (Magic ISO) no biggie as I just make an ISO with xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip in it, mounted it and installed from there. I'm just curious why I couldn't access any of my 3 HD's.

- Reginald - 2010-07-16

quebert,

I was able to select it from one of my hard drives, that seems odd to me.

Reg

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

k1282 Wrote:hi,
i am currently running the most recent xbmc nightly build but i somehow am not able to upgrade to the newest alaska revisited version. i choose the zip file and it still shows me that i can download/install v1.0.3. how can i install the most recent version? do i have to delete or uninstall specific things?
Try 'Force Refresh' on my repo.
quebert Wrote:Well this makes sense, I thought because I was updating the SVN multiple times a day I had the latest version. The option/button is now show up - beautiful!

Question to anyone else who might know, I think this is probably an XBMC thing and has nothing to do with this skin. But, when I selected the install add-on from zip, the only drive it would let me access is my virtual CD (Magic ISO) no biggie as I just make an ISO with xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip in it, mounted it and installed from there. I'm just curious why I couldn't access any of my 3 HD's.
Try adding a drive using the file manager.

- k1282 - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Try 'Force Refresh' on my repo.

Try adding a drive using the file manager.

where do i "force refresh"?
in xbmc? if yes, what's the default key for force refresh? sorry, i am lost here

EDIT:
just found it, i was trying to find force update in another context menu...

- efty.edge - 2010-07-16

Hello Hitcher,

i would like to thank you for the nice idea with the play icon in the video information screen. Great!

For the german strings.xml i did following translation of the 'disable icon' menu entry. Here it is ...

Code:
<string id="40028">'Play'-Symbol in den Video Informationen ausblenden</string>

Please add it to the repo.

Hope it helps!?
Efty

- salival - 2010-07-16

Hitcher,

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm using the Home Icon layout with some custom items and icons and when I update from the repository it doesn't show these custom icons. The icons are present in the home icons folder and when I update with the svn everything is fine.

Do you have any idea what could cause this? My guess is that it uses the icons in the texture file, but how to get around this i wouldn't know.

Thanks.

- Malard - 2010-07-16

quebert Wrote:Well this makes sense, I thought because I was updating the SVN multiple times a day I had the latest version. The option/button is now show up - beautiful!

I had this issue also, i wonder if we need to add a ticket to trac?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

efty.edge Wrote:Hello Hitcher,

i would like to thank you for the nice idea with the play icon in the video information screen. Great!

For the german strings.xml i did following translation of the 'disable icon' menu entry. Here it is ...

Code:
<string id="40028">'Play'-Symbol in den Video Informationen ausblenden</string>

Please add it to the repo.

Hope it helps!?
Efty
Thanks, in for the next update.
salival Wrote:Hitcher,

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm using the Home Icon layout with some custom items and icons and when I update from the repository it doesn't show these custom icons. The icons are present in the home icons folder and when I update with the svn everything is fine.

Do you have any idea what could cause this? My guess is that it uses the icons in the texture file, but how to get around this i wouldn't know.

Thanks.
Ah, didn't think of that. What I can do is remove them from the media folder to the skin folder so they don't get added to the texture.xbt and you can change them easily.