Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- User 63881 - 2010-03-23

rossoneri711 Wrote:Thanks for the help, i will give it a go. What size do you resize your images? Are these the .tbn files located in the xbmc folder? 1280x720? Do you have the same problem? Also can you point me a source on how to map my remote?

Thanks in advance

From the zip, the folder MCE Remote is the solution for remapping, it is needed to understand how it works.

About resizing I meant the backdrops sets (XBMC\skin\Alaska Revisited\media\backdrops\) on the home screen each of menu (TV Shows, Pictures...), The recommended size (resolution is important not so bytes) I wrote you already. The default backdrops are ok, but you wrote you set up your own set which is changing repeately on home screen and slow down the XBMC.

- rossoneri711 - 2010-03-23

BrAtKo Wrote:From the zip, the folder MCE Remote is the solution for remapping, it is needed to understand how it works.

About resizing I meant the backdrops sets (XBMC\skin\Alaska Revisited\media\backdrops\) on the home screen each of menu (TV Shows, Pictures...), The recommended size (resolution is important not so bytes) I wrote you already. The default backdrops are ok, but you wrote you set up your own set which is changing repeately on home screen and slow down the XBMC.

Oh sorry i wasnt clear on the images. What i mean to say is how do i make fanart faster? Thats whats slowing down.

- Hitcher - 2010-03-23

rossoneri711 Wrote:Oh sorry i wasnt clear on the images. What i mean to say is how do i make fanart faster? Thats whats slowing down.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70313

- grupy - 2010-03-23

Hitcher Wrote:
3) Maybe this is too drastic a change, but I cant see any way to remove Programs entirely from the homescreen. That would be good. I dont use xbmc for tv library either, (just movies). -wish I could remove homescreen items basically.

It takes a lot of code to do that for the main style home in Alaska and one of the things I wanted to do with Revisited was keep the code down so I could run it on my Xbox as well.
[/i][/COLOR]

Hitcher: I wanted to ask you how well it runs on the XBOX as Im still using the XBOX as my media centre. Any issues or does it run quite easily on the XBOX, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Dannydeman - 2010-03-23

Downloaded the RAR twice, but when I extract it, it says the file "media/filter.png" is corrupted. Therefore, it won't extract that file, and the skin is broken.
I tried to force it to extract, but the image is very broken and unusable. Guess you uploaded a broken version?
(Downloaded the file from the SVN though, but for other users it can be a problem)

edit: tried the skin, but it seems that the TV banner view is broken. I see no images when I select this view.

- rossoneri711 - 2010-03-23

Dannydeman Wrote:Downloaded the RAR twice, but when I extract it, it says the file "media/filter.png" is corrupted. Therefore, it won't extract that file, and the skin is broken.
I tried to force it to extract, but the image is very broken and unusable. Guess you uploaded a broken version?
(Downloaded the file from the SVN though, but for other users it can be a problem)

edit: tried the skin, but it seems that the TV banner view is broken. I see no images when I select this view.

here

Quote:For the combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -

* Have the scraper set to download Posters.
* Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively.

- ValiantXI - 2010-03-23

Is there anyway to get the fonts used in Alaska Revisited to use for the regular version of Alaska?

- ValiantXI - 2010-03-24

Or is there a way to change the color scheme, mainly the reddish tint background in all the views, to something more like the regular alaska? This is the solution I would prefer...if its something simple just let me know. I tried changing around the color scheme like in the regular alaska but none of that seemed to work.

- semprini - 2010-03-24

Great looking skin!

One problem I'm having, though. I don't have the white "transparent" overlay on the screen; I have a black background when no fanart is present, and when fanart IS present, it's completely unobscured...the text is unreadable. There is a white bar at the top of the screen that large enough for the text there, but everything is black below that.

I didn't download the Textures file because I'm running this on my HTPC, not Xbox. I wondered if I actually need that file for it to look like the screenshots posted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Darkcloud28 - 2010-03-24

Hitcher Wrote:As some of you may have seen (video) I've been working on a personal version of Alaska that's a mix of Duncan's original vision and my own. As many of you have requested a copy I'm releasing it here but be warned it's far from being a complete skin (I've only coded the parts I use) and I wont be offering any real support either.

More detailed video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBIuEQv2C8

For the combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -
  • Have the scraper set to download Posters.

• Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively.

Downloads -
*Textures.xpr for Xbox use only (delete the contents of the media folder and extract it here)

Enjoy.

hello, is there any way to add my Favourites in home screen 2 ? this is the only think with stop me from having this skin ...have 1117 movies and 64 Tv series and it will be so nice to just se my Favourites on the main screen(in home 2) so its lees to look when i need to find my movie ....please , please please please , alaska its seriesly the most Art-mode skin i ever used , thank You so much for so much time You spend , You are a great Artist !!! please please....favoutites in home style 2 .

- Arg0t - 2010-03-24

pmsl @ people unable to understand the meaning of 'unsupported'

Thanks for releasing this Hitcher.

- Darkcloud28 - 2010-03-24

Arg0t Wrote:pmsl @ people unable to understand the meaning of 'unsupported'

Thanks for releasing this Hitcher.

unsupported ?

- Hitcher - 2010-03-24

It wouldn't help if I added Favourites to the home screen anyway because it's not even coded.

- grupy - 2010-03-24

grupy Wrote:Hitcher: I wanted to ask you how well it runs on the XBOX as Im still using the XBOX as my media centre. Any issues or does it run quite easily on the XBOX, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hitcher: do you think you can answer my question here? pls

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-24

I think this skin is not made for the original xbox, therefore I would say that it would not run.
I read somewhere that the xbox has a limited RAM, so that should be the reason.
##############
Edit: I saw that hitcher said on the first post
Quote:*Textures.xpr for Xbox use only (delete the contents of the media folder and extract it here)

So it might work.