Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-08-29

Check the first post for Banner and Landscape support.

As for Logos, you can download them through the Alaska Settings.

- meridius - 2010-08-29

Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried all the combinations listed at the bottom of this ticket?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9578

Hi mate its seems to have fixed the problem i just put this line in

<restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask>

and that was it it worked but what does this do what would the best setting be for this.

do you think this is why big alaska worked was this line added in that skin and not in alaska revisited ?

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-08-29

No it's nothing to do with the skin and all to do with your graphics card.

EDIT: That was the reason I couldn't reproduce it and no-one else report the same problem.

- meridius - 2010-08-29

Hitcher Wrote:No it's nothing to do with the skin and all to do with your graphics card.

what does it do to the gfx card ? i have the latest 5770 card, i see mine is the next version up to yours as you have the 4xxx sereis ?

what would be the best setting for this as i dont know what the numbers mean as i have tried 4 and 5 .

is it a bug in the xbmc or just a compablity problem ?

seems they said it was just the intel gfx cards doing it but it looks like the new atis are doing it to

cheers for pointing out that bug report to hitcher

- User 68127 - 2010-08-29

Hitcher Wrote:Check the first post for Banner and Landscape support.

As for Logos, you can download them through the Alaska Settings.
Thanks, I already had them scraped and they were showing up in other skins, didn't realise I'd have to download them again.

I already have the logos downloaded, was just wondering if it was possible to use them instead of the banners.

EDIT: Never mind, answered my own question! Just need to resize them a bit.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-29

You're really better off posting on the trac ticket.

It's different textures for different cards.

- meridius - 2010-08-29

Hitcher Wrote:You're really better off posting on the trac ticket.

It's different textures for different cards.

just posted on that link you gave me

cheers

- HushTheCrowd - 2010-08-30

How can I get my music to display just my artists such as it does when I look in library mode?

- xbmcliveuser - 2010-08-30

I'm having two issues with Alaska Revisited, both related to the screen that has these five options:

Show Cast
Information Refresh
Get Fanart
Get Thumb
Play Trailer

The first problem is that unless you know and can remember the magic key sequence, this screen is nearly impossible to find when using a remote. One one hand it's easy - when a movie is highlighted press Info, then the right arrow button (of the ring surrounding "OK") - but there are no on-screen cues to indicate that. To my way of thinking, this menu should also be accessible when you press the Guide button - call it Additional Movie Options or something like that, but at least give people that don't know the magic key sequence a way to find this menu (by the way, are there any other hidden "Easter Eggs" like this one?). And, I think there's also a bug here, because once you have found this hidden screen, then any future presses of Info over a selected movie may take you right to that screen, skipping the actual info screen (seems to happen if you back out of that menu screen without selecting anything, which is likely to happen if you have the issue I'm about to describe).

The second problem is more serious, and I've seen it on at least two different systems, and it's an issue that only affects Alaska Revisited, not original Alaska. The problem is that in the above-mentioned menu, if you move over one of the selections and click OK on the remote, it appears to try to perform the selected action and then immediately abort, putting you right back at the same menu screen. We think it's seeing a double click of OK, but it only happens on that screen, and only in Revisited. If a keyboard is connected to the computer and you press Enter, then it works as intended, but if you only have a remote (MCE compatible in this case) then none of the selections work. It's mystifying why such a problem would exist only in this screen, but it does and it's very frustrating, particularly if you're trying to get fanart or a thumbnail. It's this second issue that prompted me to post this. I hope you can figure out what is causing this problem!

(Despite my handle, I'm no longer using XBMC Live, just the latest XBMC under Ubuntu Karmic).

- meridius - 2010-08-30

Hi hitcher

my ticket has been closed, i was toled that my gfx card might not support that type of texture option which I can not understand as your older model ati works with it and I would of thought my newer ati would work just as well.

I am woundering if this setting is in the big Alaska and if so what files would it be placed in as u know I had no problems with that skin.

The option I added fixes it but can not see what it does to the skin As it looks the same all the textures are there ? Do u know what that option does.

Still wounder if this is a ati gfx driver problem might try and update it later.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-31

meridius Wrote:Hi hitcher

my ticket has been closed, i was toled that my gfx card might not support that type of texture option which I can not understand as your older model ati works with it and I would of thought my newer ati would work just as well.

I am woundering if this setting is in the big Alaska and if so what files would it be placed in as u know I had no problems with that skin.

The option I added fixes it but can not see what it does to the skin As it looks the same all the textures are there ? Do u know what that option does.

Still wounder if this is a ati gfx driver problem might try and update it later.
  • We've now proved this problem has nothing to do with the skin
  • Saying it works in Big Alaska is like saying it works in Confluence
  • The fix does nothing to the skin but changes the way your graphics card handles the textures
  • If it now works then why worry about it?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-31

xbmcliveuser Wrote:I'm having two issues with Alaska Revisited, both related to the screen that has these five options:

Show Cast
Information Refresh
Get Fanart
Get Thumb
Play Trailer

The first problem is that unless you know and can remember the magic key sequence, this screen is nearly impossible to find when using a remote. One one hand it's easy - when a movie is highlighted press Info, then the right arrow button (of the ring surrounding "OK") - but there are no on-screen cues to indicate that. To my way of thinking, this menu should also be accessible when you press the Guide button - call it Additional Movie Options or something like that, but at least give people that don't know the magic key sequence a way to find this menu (by the way, are there any other hidden "Easter Eggs" like this one?). And, I think there's also a bug here, because once you have found this hidden screen, then any future presses of Info over a selected movie may take you right to that screen, skipping the actual info screen (seems to happen if you back out of that menu screen without selecting anything, which is likely to happen if you have the issue I'm about to describe).

The second problem is more serious, and I've seen it on at least two different systems, and it's an issue that only affects Alaska Revisited, not original Alaska. The problem is that in the above-mentioned menu, if you move over one of the selections and click OK on the remote, it appears to try to perform the selected action and then immediately abort, putting you right back at the same menu screen. We think it's seeing a double click of OK, but it only happens on that screen, and only in Revisited. If a keyboard is connected to the computer and you press Enter, then it works as intended, but if you only have a remote (MCE compatible in this case) then none of the selections work. It's mystifying why such a problem would exist only in this screen, but it does and it's very frustrating, particularly if you're trying to get fanart or a thumbnail. It's this second issue that prompted me to post this. I hope you can figure out what is causing this problem!

(Despite my handle, I'm no longer using XBMC Live, just the latest XBMC under Ubuntu Karmic).
I've been meaning to update the info screen for some time now and today I finally got around to doing it.

- AaronD - 2010-08-31

Very nice! Couldn't see it on your repository - has it been added yet?

No pressure, just curious.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-31

On it's way now.

- AaronD - 2010-08-31

Ain't add-ons great! Got a notification while watching the latest "Lie to Me" that there was a new Alaska Revisited add-on available Smile Love it!

The screen looks cool, however I notice that the word "THUMB" doesn't appear on any of mine - movies or TV Shows. I just get a hypen character instead?!?

So for example, with TV Shows I get "PLAY CAST REFRESH -". Can can arrow over to it, select it and the thumbs screen appears.