Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- AaronD - 2010-09-01

Just checked my NFO for "300" which I had rescraped using EMM and your suggested settings. I get:

<mpaa>Rated R for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.</mpaa>

So I can certainly see why I getting the text that I am. I assume you add the first RATED in the skin, and XBMC is truncating the rest of the text. I'll have to go re-look at my settings in EMM, but it doesn't appear to be working as I expected.

- meridius - 2010-09-01

same here

Updated just now to 1.4.4 and I just get "RATED RATE..." for each movie

- krish_2k4 - 2010-09-01

to fix the ratings, If you using EMM heres what the settings should look like, it works perfectly for me, hope this helps.

EMM Settings
Note: for US ratings change certification ratings to USA.

Movie Data
Note: nothing should be in the "MPAA Ratings Description" box. if you have the same settings as me then it should not scrape it.

All works for me and should look like

- grey - 2010-09-02

hey guys

is someone running this skin on an appletv ?

thanks

- meridius - 2010-09-02

@Hitcher sorted the rating out yet ?

- Hitcher - 2010-09-02

Still not working then?

- meridius - 2010-09-02

not if your using xbmcbuilt in scaper its now says RATED RATE for every film

- WheresWaldo - 2010-09-02

meridius Wrote:@Hitcher sorted the rating out yet ?

I made a small edit to my setup because I didn't want to rescrape the 400+ movies on my NAS. Here is what I did.

1. SSH into my xbmc box
  2. Navigated to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English
  3. edited strings.xml
  4. changed the following line:
    • <string id="40234">RATED</string> to <string id="40234"></string>
  5. save file and reboot box
It appears that string 40234 is only used in Video Info, although I did not check every single screen. Now if I can figure out how to autoscroll that part of the line I will have the rating as well as the rating description on the info screen.

You also have the option to change /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisted/720p/DialogVideoInfo.xml. In that file around line number 73 change <label>$LOCALIZE[40234] $INFO[ListItem.MPAA]</label> to <label>$INFO[ListItem.MPAA]</label>.

It was an arbitrary decision on my part to change the strings.xml file I just went under the assumption that the strings.xml file changed less often on a skin update than any of the files in the 720p directory

- Hitcher - 2010-09-02

I'm waiting to find out the official standard for the MPAA rating field and once I do I'll fix it one way or the other.

Personally I hate the long descriptions and prefer a simple label.

- WheresWaldo - 2010-09-02

Hitcher Wrote:I'm waiting to find out the official standard for the MPAA rating field and once I do I'll fix it one way or the other.

Personally I hate the long descriptions and prefer a simple label.

I do not really like the long description either, but that was how EMM scraped them. SO some movies have a description and others just the rating.

BTW if it is just the rating then it displays perfectly, if it has a description it will look something like Rated PG-13 for ...

I just suggested my fix as a temporary solution as I am sure an Alaska Revisited update will wipe out my change. Happy to wait and see how you will eventually address this.

- krish_2k4 - 2010-09-02

really dont know what the problem is, if you have the same settings as posted on the previous page is wont scrape the extra ratings description. dont need to mess about with the code.

skin works perfectly for me and everything displays correctly.

- meridius - 2010-09-02

krish_2k4 Wrote:really dont know what the problem is, if you have the same settings as posted on the previous page is wont scrape the extra ratings description. dont need to mess about with the code.

skin works perfectly for me and everything displays correctly.

but thats if you use emm but if you use the inbuilt scraper of xbmc it does not work.

- meridius - 2010-09-03

also hitcher would be great if you could add trailers to the info screen would be a nice touch next to the play button.

do you just scrape the info using emm and nothing ealse or do you use it to get the posters and fanart ? i noticed wiht emm you can now set the rating as in xbmc it would not get teh rating at all for some reason well even emm will not do it and you have to set it manualy

i noticed you dont use it for tv shows is it becasuer the xbmc has the best tv show scraper ?

- Hitcher - 2010-09-03

'Trailers' button is on the very right (scroll to the end or hit left).

- Hitcher - 2010-09-03

OK, you now get two flavours of MPAA ratings -

EDIT: And in case you hadn't noticed you can close the info screen by simply pressing up or down.