Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-01-04

Tracked it down to a typo - I missed closing a bracket.

- htpc guy - 2011-01-04

Anyone:

I'm modifying the Pandora Script to fit in better with your Alaska theme. I'm trying to make the default font dark gray, like in Alaska and I can't figure out the color codes. I checked the Wiki and It just gives me a light gray, white and green. Any help here? I tried looking checking out how you do it but its packaged up good and tight and I don't have the software to unpackage it.

Never mind...found it.

- htpc guy - 2011-01-04

I have created a mod for the Pandora Addon that I would like to share.

You can find it here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=681142&postcount=312

*EDIT (forgot to mention this when I posted last night. It was late and I was a bit tired)
Forgot to mention that the Pandora Addon Mod was done with Alaska Revisited in mind. The previous Pandora skin was black with white writing and didn't fit in well with Alaska and felt tacked on. That has been remedied with my mod.

- chewitt - 2011-01-04

chewitt Wrote:Also, how do I go about removing the subtle pink/red blush on the theme background?. I've got fanart disabled for speed on an AppleTV which makes it more visible, and it's constantly reminding me of the colour bleed you get on a CRT screen when it's been left near unshielded speaker magnets! Big Grin

Ignore that, I've found the /extras/filters folder and used Photoshop to B&W the .png images there. No more brain tricks.

p.s. I also shrunk the icons in /homelist by 70% - they look much better on-screen with some extra whitespace around them as the icon is more clearly associated with its text. Before the spacing between them is quite even and it all seems to visually run together.

Christian

- kjuu - 2011-01-04

Hello Hitcher,

Thanks for adding the info view and the other new gorgeous views, really like it!

I try to update quite often but every time I do. All my own quirks in the xml files are gone. Are there any clever way of doing an addon for a skin so my changes to revisited wont get effected on an update? Or maybe a new poster view of my own?

This would be a thing I alter on every update:
http://www.dropmocks.com/mOCpv

I also update language to swedish but I haven't submitted it to you since I don't use music/pictures and some other stuff and have therefor not translated them. Do you want a partially translated swedish file anyway?

And lastly Smile
Noticed that you removed the subtitles-skin and it now looks like a confluence popup when I bring it up, any good reason that I don't get? I'll transfer it from a old revision so its no big deal.

Big thanks for all the work!

- Hitcher - 2011-01-04

Best thing to do would be create a patch - just don't ask me how. Wink

I wasn't happy with the subtitle (and lyric) views and now other scripts are available decided to remove them.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-04

chewitt Wrote:I'm running v2.2.2 from the repo on the release version of DHARMA, and the temperature display next to time/date appears to have disappeared from my home screen. Deliberate? ..or did something bork on my end?

i've also noticed that the RSS feed editor isn't navigable. I can see the outlines of the editor and any buttons, but none of the text is visible (or it's showing as black text on a black background).

CH
I didn't add that feature to Alaska Revisited and the RSS Editor is obviously missing font and colour controls - nothing to do with the skin.

- Malexx - 2011-01-04

the new Updates look really nice.
Happy to use this skin again.
Thanks for your work.

- chewitt - 2011-01-04

Possible bug in v2.2.3. If I navigate from the top level into TV shows I go directly to the content. When I go back up a level I'm presented with genres/title/year/actors/studio options, then I have to go up again to moves/tvshows/recently_added/etc. and then up again to reach the home screen. This is different to the behaviour of original Alaska which went from the content view directly to the home screen.

There's an option in settings > home options > to 'disable return directly to Home from library sources' ..which sounds like it enables the current behaviour. However, disabling this option doesn't alter anything. Bug?

It would be less confusing to have the previous alaska behaviour as the default and text saying 'disable direct return to Home screen' ..or the current behaviour with 'enable direct return to Home screen' - that way you're not turning off a disable option in the word logic of the feature.

Christian

- Hitcher - 2011-01-04

Have you tried rebooting XBMC because it works as it should for me?

I'll reword it but unless you turn that on you'll skip all the other levels.

- h3llsp4wn - 2011-01-05

Hi Hitcher,

thanks for the big update - just a short question. In Hitchers Standard view I now can hide some of the menu items - all - except the tv series? Will you add that one to or do I have to dig into the home default include? I`m just asking as I was using the Home Old version till now with adjusted positions there and in the animations include.

Cheers,

h3ll

- Hitcher - 2011-01-05

h3llsp4wn Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

thanks for the big update - just a short question. In Hitchers Standard view I now can hide some of the menu items - all - except the tv series? Will you add that one to or do I have to dig into the home default include? I`m just asking as I was using the Home Old version till now with adjusted positions there and in the animations include.

Cheers,

h3ll
That was only ever a stopgap until I could get it working properly -

Hitcher Wrote:There it's a hide option for those three selections though; they're only available in the other Home styles.

It seems I can't win with the original Home style so here's a little history lesson for those of you who haven't followed this from the beginning -

Alaska - no hide options at all.

Alaska - someone came up with a lot of conditional zooms, animations and slides so you could hide everything but Music, Movies and TV Shows.

Alaska Revisited - no hide options at all.

Alaska Revisited - I tried many, many times using a standard list to add hide options but failed.

Alaska Revisited - after J Marshall added separate multiimage controls to the non-focused list items I managed to come up with the option to hide any section. This however wasn't 100% perfect because of the quirkiness of the movement and the fact that the images changed to a different set when focused. And of course I got complaints about it.

Alaska Revisited - while waiting for GetLabel() to work with multiimage controls (the only way I think to fix the changing image problem) I decided go go back to original Alaska's hide method (conditional zooms, animations and slides) in a hope to balance the problems with both styles.

If, and I mean if, I get time or can be bothered I'll look into working out all the conditions for hiding the other three sections but it'll be no easy feat. If someone cares to look into it for me then I'll be most grateful.

You can't hide Movies either by the way.

Logo Display bug... - Pr.Sinister - 2011-01-05

When using the logos in the Panel Tall view, if no logo.png is found, the name of the show isn't displayed.

Part of the visibility condition just doesn't make sense :

Quote:<visible>!Window.IsActive(2) + [[!Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + !Container.Content(episodes)] | [Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + !Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]] | [Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]]]</visible>

Bolded part says if the setting is on AND off...

I tried to fix it but i am super rusty... what i did is give the image an id and then used getlabel for that id but it's not working... what am i doing wrong?

Here is my attempt at a fix that is not working (Size and position of the logo was changed as i find it looks much better there) :

Quote: <control type="image" id="6969">
<posx>275</posx>
<posy>-100</posy>
<width>400</width>
<height>120</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]logo.png</texture>
<aspectratio align="left" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]</visible>
</control>
<control type="fadelabel">
<posx>10</posx>
<posy>-22</posy>
<width>810</width>
<height>50</height>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<scrollout>false</scrollout>
<pauseatend>600</pauseatend>
<scrollspeed>20</scrollspeed>
<font>Font_Panel_Main</font>
<textcolor>LandscapeTitle</textcolor>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
<visible>!Window.IsActive(2) + [[!Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + !Container.Content(episodes)] | [Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6969)) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]] | [Skin.HasSetting(TV_Panel_Logo) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]]]</visible>
</control>

- Javizun - 2011-01-05

Downloaded the alaska revisited repo file. Followed the instructions to load it.
add on etc. It now shows on my add ons list but when i click to go inside the repo i dont see anything is blank. So i cant update the or install the new skin.

Where can i download the skin zip file so that ican just drop it on the skins folder?

- Mike8913 - 2011-01-05

Hitcher Wrote:I've just coded in the ability to hide Music as well but I think I'll stop short of hiding Movies and TV Shows as well simply because of the amount of different condition combinations involved. Adding this alone involved nearly 100 lines of extra code.

Do you plan on adding this hide functionality back? It is critical for some of us. Thanks for the updates otherwise tho. it is beautiful.