Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-01-05

Added: Option to use Random Items instead of Recently Added - pending updated script
Added: Option to use Albums instead of Songs for recently added/random items - pending updated script
Fixed: Logo/Label problem in Panel views
Removed: Now Playing window when using Background Visualisation
Removed: Double entry in Settings
Updated: Spanish strings.xml (thanks to CyberXaz)

Updated: Recoded Home default style visible conditions to include conditions to speed things up
Updated: Alaska Settings to be more user friendly
Changed: Some texture names for easier modding
Changed: Some colour names for easier modding
Added: Option to use large Actor images for Video Info
Fixed: Home Weather postion when hiding Pictures

Changed: Home default style hide conditions and added ability to hide Music
Fixed: Hide Plot for Info List in Episodes
Fixed: Arrows in Custom Settings typo
Added: Matte diffuse to colours XML

Fixed: Fullsceen Video Info alignment problem
Changed: Original fonts to be default (for this version only)

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-05

Hitcher Wrote:2.2.5

Added: Disco ball!

Laugh

Awesome work, as always, sir!

- meridius - 2011-01-05

is there a way to hide the tv shows in a 2nd profile as i dont use tv shows in my 2nd profile ?

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-05

Ok, I'll bite... I noticed you left out that you added "Night.XML" into the colour palette, and I believe it has everything I would like to see - almost. Since your filters are all still the same - very white with a pink tinge in the corner - what setting did you change to get the dark blue hue behind them? Edit: ACK. So frustrating. I know there's probably one single line that makes the 'greeny blue' there - I just cant seem to nail it!

- Hitcher - 2011-01-06

<color name="Background">0xFF001b24</color>

I was just experimenting with it but forgot to remove it from that build.

- chewitt - 2011-01-06

Hitcher Wrote:Have a look at your guisettings.xml for HomeReturnOff and check it's false.

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.alaska.revisited.homereturnoff">false</setting

It's set to false, and still shows me the multi-level return. I also note that it's showing me the black/white/red icons from /homeicons during the interim levels, even though I have manually overwritten these with smaller versions of the icons in /homelist (and then XBMC has been restarted). Are there any caches in XBMC that can be cleared?

Christian

Is it possible? - Tophicles - 2011-01-06

Firstly, *great* job on this skin. I've used it from it's early days and it gets nothing but better with every revision!

I have one small request... is there anyway to have the information of a movie displayed to the left of the cover while in "INFO LIST" view?

If I were a braver soul I'd delve into trying to work it into the skin on my own, but I (clearly) have no idea what I'm doing Smile

Anyway, just a thought, I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-06

chewitt Wrote:
PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.alaska.revisited.homereturnoff">false</setting

It's set to false, and still shows me the multi-level return. I also note that it's showing me the black/white/red icons from /homeicons during the interim levels, even though I have manually overwritten these with smaller versions of the icons in /homelist (and then XBMC has been restarted). Are there any caches in XBMC that can be cleared?

Christian
Only thing I can suggest now is switching to another skin, uninstalling Alaska Revisited, and then reinstall it. If that doesn't work it's an XBMC problem.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-06

Tophicles Wrote:Firstly, *great* job on this skin. I've used it from it's early days and it gets nothing but better with every revision!

I have one small request... is there anyway to have the information of a movie displayed to the left of the cover while in "INFO LIST" view?

If I were a braver soul I'd delve into trying to work it into the skin on my own, but I (clearly) have no idea what I'm doing Smile

Anyway, just a thought, I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

The plot show when you pause on a Movie.

- drtechnolust - 2011-01-06

HITCHER YOU ARE THE MAN - but i think you know that already - I am loving the new update. Since I'm running the new version what ever updates you have made to cleaning the code gave me an improvement in performance. Prior to the update when I hold the arrow key to scan through my list of movies it would lag or turn white with no image. Now its smooth as butta.. Also the addition to the Night theme and Home art fixes are superb. GREAT JOB - expect a small donation from me shortly..

- George - 2011-01-06

Hitcher Wrote:<color name="Background">0xFF001b24</color>

I like it. Could you please leave it where it is?

- chewitt - 2011-01-06

Hitcher Wrote:Only thing I can suggest now is switching to another skin, uninstalling Alaska Revisited, and then reinstall it. If that doesn't work it's an XBMC problem.

I did some more testing and this works if I use the default home screen layout - I'm taken from library level straight back to the home screen. If I use the icon, horizontal or vertical layouts in the skin (I've been using vertical) I have to step-up through the other nodes to reach the home screen again. I'm wondering if you're only using/testing the default layout, hence in your test it works? Huh

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-06

Hitcher Wrote:<color name="Background">0xFF001b24</color>

Ok. Wow. Am I *ever* dumb!

Oo

I made a 'colour map' in my favourite graphics package, and I've been trying to determine what all the colours are in the XML files, so I could fix them up and make my own. Here's the rub: I was copying the hex values and pasting them in, getting realllly funky colours. Well, as it turns out, I was pasting all EIGHT characters, of which (I figure out now) only the last SIX are proper.

This begs the question, what are the previous TWO characters for? I notice most (if not all) are either "00" or "FF", so I'm guessing they denote either a 'white' or 'black', but how are they used? Furthermore, how is the "0x" used in the 'Background' tag, from above?

My last question is this - I realize all of the colours are going to be affected by the filters, which - for the most basic themes - are white with some pink in them. Is there a flag to turn them off? (I seem to recall reading something like this - even recently - but my poor short-term memory is preventing me from finding it again.)

Thanks again! I'll get this working someday!

Nerd Rofl Wink Nod

- Sebo - 2011-01-06

DurhamDev Wrote:Ok. Wow. Am I *ever* dumb!

This begs the question, what are the previous TWO characters for? I notice most (if not all) are either "00" or "FF", so I'm guessing they denote either a 'white' or 'black', but how are they used? Furthermore, how is the "0x" used in the 'Background' tag, from above?

They are alpha, meaning transparency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGBA_color_space

"The "0x" prefix is used to identify a number as hexadecimal in C notation." So the 0x just states that the value is indeed in HEX and not DEC. Usually colors displayed in this format are thought to be HEX by default. I've never used the 0x, but it is the "correct" way. If you would program C, then the values "95" and "0x95" would be completely different numbers. First one is 95 in DEC and the second is 95 in HEX, which is really 149 in DEC.

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-06

Sebo Wrote:They are alpha, meaning transparency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGBA_color_space

"The "0x" prefix is used to identify a number as hexadecimal in C notation." So the 0x just states that the value is indeed in HEX and not DEC. Usually colors displayed in this format are thought to be HEX by default. I've never used the 0x, but it is the "correct" way. If you would program C, then the values "95" and "0x95" would be completely different numbers. First one is 95 in DEC and the second is 95 in HEX, which is really 149 in DEC.

Ah. I think I see. So, the previous "0xFF" defines the amount of transparency in the base graphic. If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like "0xFF" means 100% opaque, which would make sense for a background graphic.