Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - k3oni - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-03, 21:10)alexjramos Wrote: I am running Frodo Beta 1 (openelec 3.0b1). The scripts starts up and shows my Pandora stations which I can select. However the music never starts. I click the play button and the progress bar doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

(2012-12-03, 22:46)321liftoff Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 21:10)alexjramos Wrote: I am running Frodo Beta 1 (openelec 3.0b1). The scripts starts up and shows my Pandora stations which I can select. However the music never starts. I click the play button and the progress bar doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

I'm using the link from Post #1610, and have the same issue on Raspbmc, which is using Frodo Beta 1. I know earlier versions of the add-on worked for me, but I was using versions of XBMC prior to Frodo Beta 1. I'll check older versions of the Pandora add-on to see if they work.

Without a snippet from the logs i can't see what may be wrong.
Also make sure aacplus is selected on the config page.

Just tested it again on XBMC 11(VM) and i am running 12 Beta 1 on my htpc for some time now and works fine there.

You need to check the logs and see if there are any errors in there.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - zebraitis - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 02:37)artrafael Wrote: Which version of XBMC is this based on? Look in the System/Settings > System info page.

12.0-Alpha6 Git: blah-blah-blah...

So, I'm likely getting the same issue that you had. Thanks for the insight and sharing your experience! Nod

However, my version should change shortly, as Pivos is looking to release Linux XBMC Frodo Beta 2 comparable version... "soon".

I'll follow-up with a next attempt when that is released.

Again, thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - alexjramos - 2012-12-04

Thanks! Love to hear if anyone finds anything. Pandora is the #1 wife app on XBMC in my house.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - LIZARD_CHEEKS - 2012-12-05

I installed pandora on my apple tv under xbmc but when I open it it reads script failed, how can I fix this thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - k3oni - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 01:37)LIZARD_CHEEKS Wrote: I installed pandora on my apple tv under xbmc but when I open it it reads script failed, how can I fix this thanks

Which version of the add-on did you install?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - LIZARD_CHEEKS - 2012-12-05

1.2.10-git is what its showing

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - youngt2 - 2012-12-05

Hello All,

Have running 1.2.10-git Pandora on Frodo Beta 2. I'm currently using win7. Am having a similar issue to alexjramos. I can press enter on any station and it will never actually start any music =( I've posted my log from when I started using Pandora to the end. All else have been working great on my setup!

XBMClogs

Thanks in advance. I miss the Pandora app! It has been great.

I looked through the log a bit and would guess it has something to do with this line:

Code:
20:30:45 T:3776   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandagui.py", line 62, in onClick self.panda.playStation( selItem.getProperty("stationId") )
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 122, in playStation self.getMoreSongs()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 136, in getMoreSongs songs = station.get_playlist()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandora\pandora.py", line 264, in get_playlist songs.append(Song(self.pandora, i))
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandora\pandora.py", line 288, in __init__ self.audioUrl = d['additionalAudioUrl'][self.pandora.audio_format]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - k3oni - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 03:41)youngt2 Wrote: Hello All,

Have running 1.2.10-git Pandora on Frodo Beta 2. I'm currently using win7. Am having a similar issue to alexjramos. I can press enter on any station and it will never actually start any music =( I've posted my log from when I started using Pandora to the end. All else have been working great on my setup!

XBMClogs

Thanks in advance. I miss the Pandora app! It has been great.

I looked through the log a bit and would guess it has something to do with this line:

Code:
20:30:45 T:3776   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandagui.py", line 62, in onClick self.panda.playStation( selItem.getProperty("stationId") )
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 122, in playStation self.getMoreSongs()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 136, in getMoreSongs songs = station.get_playlist()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandora\pandora.py", line 264, in get_playlist songs.append(Song(self.pandora, i))
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandora\pandora.py", line 288, in __init__ self.audioUrl = d['additionalAudioUrl'][self.pandora.audio_format]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

What is the audio format set to in the add-on settings, try set it to aacplus if it is on mp3 or vice-versa.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - youngt2 - 2012-12-05

Well it was MP3-high. aacplus is working. Sorry for asking a simple question like that!

Why the difference??

I don't think MP3-high is actually available anymore.. I will take it out next time i am looking at the add-on..
(2012-12-05, 03:29)LIZARD_CHEEKS Wrote: 1.2.10-git is what its showing

From where/which page did you downloaded the add-on?
Also we may need to see some logs to find out why it is failing.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - richdreiman - 2012-12-05

Wanted to share my Pandora "research" and will get my log files on here shortly.

First, I had the same issue most folks are describing here on:
--Windows 7
--EDEN, XBMC Alpha, and Beta 1, Beta 2
--Official Repository Supported Pandora plugin & both the "fixed" plugins (posts "1546" and the like).
NOTE - Did not try any of the "fixes" that called for modifying the python scripts.

For the most part, I believe I could have probably solved the issue in any of the earlier versions, but it took me until yesterday to at least come to one conclusion, which was the following:

1) Switching back to Full Screen mode vs Windowed mode greatly improved the chances that Pandora would continuously serve up new songs, however...
2) After the plugin played the first song in what I'll call the main plugin window (stations on the left, album art on right with buttons below) it then went to "semi full screen mode", meaning that the visualization was running in the background, but the menu was overlaid. The good news is that it served up the next song.
3) When the next song was be loaded it went to "full screen mode", visualizations, but no menu overlay.
4) When 3rd song concluded, plugin stopped serving up songs
5) Made no changes at all and opened Pandora plugin again and started up a station. This time it stayed in the man plugin window and continued to serve up songs continuously. However, an issue for me is that I really need XBMC in Windowed mode, wife watches shows on HDTV and I use computer on a standard monitor at same time. Full Screen mode causes XBMC to lose focus (shows desktop).
6) Seemed Pandora plugin was working fine, so switched back to Window mode. Now back at square one, plugin plays one song and quits.

Theory: There could be code in the plugin that references XBMC window (screen) properties such as, size, position, location, etc. I make that assumption, because the plugin's core function appears to execute and play songs, but just seems, at least in my case, to have it's behavior modified between success and failure all based on XBMC Video Output settings.

Current Setup:
XBMC: Frodo Beta 2
Output: Panasonic HD TV 1080P Resolution & Dell 21" monitor

I have to head to work now, but will read up on how to provide log files when I get home this evening.

Now that i've got it working with aacplus, I'm running into the 10 minutes then shut off issue as others have. I tried turning the screen saver to 'none' and that doesn't seem to help.

I've posted a log from the end section of my XBMC log. Looks like there is a lot of spam as I'm seeing the same thing over and over, especially towards the end.

XBMClogs

Let me know if there are any suggestions

(2012-12-05, 20:40)youngt2 Wrote: Now that i've got it working with aacplus, I'm running into the 10 minutes then shut off issue as others have. I tried turning the screen saver to 'none' and that doesn't seem to help.

I've posted a log from the end section of my XBMC log. Looks like there is a lot of spam as I'm seeing the same thing over and over, especially towards the end.

XBMClogs

Let me know if there are any suggestions

Did it play this song: 13:23:28 T:2940 NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Three Little Birds or it stopped before playing it?
I can't see anything from your logs that could cause pandora to exit or that it exited actually so it may be that there's more in that log that didn't get posted.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - youngt2 - 2012-12-06

Yes. I think it played all 4 songs it lists (below), then that is all. Its like its getting all the songs ahead of time, playing them, and then not getting any more songs.
Does pandora fetch songs ahead of time all at the same time "13:23:28" and then play them and not fetch more? The last line below seems to close pandora session, although it remains open on my screen, just not playing anything.

Code:
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Three Little Birds
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Exodus (Deluxe Edition)', 'artist': u'Bob Marley', 'title': u'Three Little Birds'}
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Two Coins
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Bang Bang', 'artist': u'Dispatch', 'title': u'Two Coins'}
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song All For You (Live)
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Before The Amplifiers', 'artist': u'Sister Hazel', 'title': u'All For You (Live)'}
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Real World
13:23:28 T:2940  NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Yourself Or Someone Like You', 'artist': u'Matchbox Twenty', 'title': u'Real World'}
13:23:56 T:1320   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-51.dll)
13:23:56 T:1320    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://audio-dc6-t1-2.pandora.com (easy=05BDF428, multi=0007E8F0)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - jimbo2008 - 2012-12-06

Is there one version of this that is better then other floating around or is it whatever works on your particular system.