Kodi Community Forum
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS (/showthread.php?tid=70603)

- RockDawg - 2010-05-05

Cheeshead Wrote:no i didn't rename old one....i cleared it out and rescraped all the info...I don't have a lot on my test box so it doesn't take long.

OK. Same difference then.

Quote:i just don't see on the Mysql control panel that a xbmc db was created and the watched flags aren't synced.

I'm not well versed at all on mySQL, so i couldn't say for sure. I just know on mine it created a folder named xbmc-video (like I specified in advancedsettings.xml) and it was filled with files that made up the db. Try checking a debug log in XBMC. That will show whether or not it connected to the db. Is the machine you want to host the db on Linux or Win?

- Cheeshead - 2010-05-06

Ok...so figured out that I was missing the <advancedsetting> tag in the xml file Confused

So now it is actually working off mysql...but does having the mysql option disable the "library view"?? I can't get xbmc to scrape anything new. The only way that I can access anything is from file view.

Am I missing something again?

Update: Think I got it figured out...gotta use network path, not drive path Smile

- WisdomWolf - 2010-05-06

Ok so I finally got around to setting this up and the first thing that I realized was...Wow it's really slow. Startup of XBMC is slower and accessing the database now takes a ridiculous amount of time. I'm not sure if this is because I'm on wireless or perhaps something to do with the build I'm running (29697). Is this normal?

- RockDawg - 2010-05-06

Your wireless may be the culprit, but I noticed some weirdness with speed and all my stuff is wired gigabit. When I first set up my main XBMC box with the central db, I hosted the db on a Windows 7 computer. XBMC in general and especially the library was very slow. It took ~20 seconds for XBMC to open the movies library. So I moved the db to a Linux server I had running and bam all of the sudden it was fast. Pretty much just as fast as when the db was local to XBMC. Maybe a split second slower opening the libraries.

So I move on to try setting up the central db on my second XBMC box in the bedroom. It's accessing the db from the same Linux server the other machine is and it's really slow! Like ~45 seconds to open the movies library. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it's different at all let alone such a huge difference in speed. They're both gigbit ehternet and the router they are connected to are gigabit. I checked what Linux had to say about the settings on each network card and they both seemed to be set up the same to me. So I'm not sure. I can't see any reason why the first box was so slow with the db on the windows machine either

What's weird for me was it goes beyond just the libraries. All of XBMC seems slower and navigating in files view was also very slow which makes no sense to me. If you figure out the problem, please post what you did to fix it.

- bmillham - 2010-05-07

I can't get this working with R29865. The advanced settings seem to be read, because XBMC is creating a local database named xbmc_video.db. It's not creating it on the mysql server.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>192.168.0.200</host>
  <name>xbmc_video</name>
  <user>root</user>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

There are no errors in xbmc.log.

I know I've overlooked something simple...

Brian

- bmillham - 2010-05-07

Found my problem. I missed the postings about this not working for root. Added an XBMC user, and everything looks OK now.

- RockDawg - 2010-05-07

I don't know about the build your on, but I do notice that your advancedsettings doesn't include a password.

- bmillham - 2010-05-07

RockDawg Wrote:I don't know about the build your on, but I do notice that your advancedsettings doesn't include a password.

I did try with just

Code:
<user>root</user>
<pass></pass>

and that didn't work. I just added an xbmc user with xbmc password like all the examples, and now it works fine.

- Cheeshead - 2010-05-07

Still trying to wrap my head around all this....think i've got thumbs almost figured out, but I can't seem to figure out why aspect ratios are not displayed correctly. When I use internal, its OK...I verify with Ember MM and it's OK, but when I use the MySql its incorrect....most movies that are widescreen show up as 4:3.

Any reason for that to happen?

- lestat1977uk - 2010-05-08

Hi guys been working fine until today when all of a sudden my tv shows wont resume, i just get blank screen, i even get blank screen on any tv ep i have started before, even if i start from beginning?

- charrua - 2010-05-08

lestat1977uk Wrote:Hi guys been working fine until today when all of a sudden my tv shows wont resume, i just get blank screen, i even get blank screen on any tv ep i have started before, even if i start from beginning?
It's a bug in XBMC I discovered some time ago, when you change zoom amount or aspect ratio in mkv files, stop the playback and then try to play the file again.
To avoid it: open the zoom amount/aspect ratio settings window (pressing enter while playing the file when the black screen is showing) and set the zoom amount to 1 (the default), you'll instantly recover the video image.
Please let me know if that solved your problem.

- jmarshall - 2010-05-08

Has said bug been reported?

- charrua - 2010-05-08

jmarshall Wrote:Has said bug been reported?
Not by me. I'm feeling lazy lately Smile
I preferred to try to solve the problem by myself (without touching the code).

- jmarshall - 2010-05-08

Well, it isn't going to be fixed until it's reported or you fix it yourself by touching the code Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

- lestat1977uk - 2010-05-08

Charrua.

that worked, i think it was cause i had set a custom zoom. that was driving me nuts!

I thought it was to do with the resume and was about to try and clear resume settings, thanks mate you have saved me a lot of hassle.

Should we report this then?