Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] BIG Alaska - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [MOD] BIG Alaska (/showthread.php?tid=70890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- Amra - 2010-07-10

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Hopefully, all will run smoothly and I didn't muck anything up. Don't forget that if you use the Panel or Poster Wrap/Fixed views and they seem sluggish, to re-apply the optional patch in post#1 which removes the cases code and definitely helps on low end systems.

I should also mention, for people who haven't downloaded it yet, that I had to rework the appearance of the main Settings screen to accomodate a 10th icon (Addons). It doesn't necessarily look as stylish as Hitcher had it but you can now see all 10 icons at once and it's not so jerky when moving from one icon to the next.

Also, as per the 2nd post in THIS THREAD, it appears as though Hitcher will not be updating the original Alaska Final anymore. Since this mod is based upon that (NOT Alaska Revisited) I will do my best to keep this updated. Please bear in mind, however, that I am still fairly new to XBMC skinning so things may be a little slow at times, whereas previously I would just include Hitcher's updates when he made them.

- ralob - 2010-07-10

I noticed two small things with the addon additions. First, when you goto the Alaska skin settings and into the Home Screen Style scripts, programs, etc. are still shown to exist when scripts has been removed from the xbmc svn and programs should be renamed to addons.

Also, when looking at new addons, there is no indicator of which addons you currently have enabled/downloaded like there is in Confluence. It would be very helpful to see what is new compared to what you already have.

Just a few things I found. Other than that, this MOD remains one of my favorite. Smile

- tuckbodi - 2010-07-10

One small thing I've run across is using the Stencil theme with Rialto color, the Year and the Rating number is a very light color and barely visible. Not sure if this no-no combination to use for my theme but I thought the color combo looked pretty good.

And thank you for adding back in the video codec flag! I thought that was something I messed up!

- Amra - 2010-07-10

ralob Wrote:I noticed two small things with the addon additions. First, when you goto the Alaska skin settings and into the Home Screen Style scripts, programs, etc. are still shown to exist when scripts has been removed from the xbmc svn and programs should be renamed to addons.
That's probably just sloppiness on my part, sorry. I'll look to fix it for the next release.

Quote:Also, when looking at new addons, there is no indicator of which addons you currently have enabled/downloaded like there is in Confluence. It would be very helpful to see what is new compared to what you already have.

Just a few things I found. Other than that, this MOD remains one of my favorite. Smile
Thanks, I'll take a look at Confluence to see what you mean & what I can change.

tuckbodi Wrote:One small thing I've run across is using the Stencil theme with Rialto color, the Year and the Rating number is a very light color and barely visible. Not sure if this no-no combination to use for my theme but I thought the color combo looked pretty good.
That will happen when trying to mix the color themes. It's usually best to keep the theme & the color the same.

Quote:And thank you for adding back in the video codec flag! I thought that was something I messed up!
No, I messed up previously. It was a capitalization thing with Linux that I never knew about until I built a dedicated XBMC Live machine a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I noticed it then! Rolleyes

- mcborzu - 2010-07-10

ralob Wrote:Also, when looking at new addons, there is no indicator of which addons you currently have enabled/downloaded like there is in Confluence. It would be very helpful to see what is new compared to what you already have.

Should just be a simple ListItem.Label2....

- Amra - 2010-07-13

mcborzu Wrote:Should just be a simple ListItem.Label2....
Thanks, mcborzu. I'll mess around with that tonight.

FYI to anyone looking for the most recent version download link. I've temporarily removed the link in anticipation of posting a new download that includes Hitcher's official updates to the Original Alaska. Previously, he had indicated that it would not be updated but thankfully, he changed his mind. So, look for a BIG Alaska update soon.

Thank you very much Hitcher for updating the original Alaska, it definitely helped me. Big Grin

- meridius - 2010-07-15

hi amra nice work but i would like to know how or could you tell me how to add the media info view into your alaska version from the your big alaska becasue i love that view but ithe rest is abit big for me and would love if i could add it to the alaska normal skin at the right size same for the episode folders to

is this possable

thanks

- joebrady - 2010-07-15

Hey, just switched over you your Big Alaska mod due to getting a bigger living room. Loving it so far. One questions maybe you know off the top of your head. Where to re-size the Home Style 2 icons and font? Seems everything is bigger except this...

- Amra - 2010-07-15

joebrady Wrote:Hey, just switched over you your Big Alaska mod due to getting a bigger living room. Loving it so far. One questions maybe you know off the top of your head. Where to re-size the Home Style 2 icons and font? Seems everything is bigger except this...
Thanks and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one finding the larger text & images helpful. Big Grin Nerd

The code for Home Style 2 is in the Includes.xml file. If you search for "<include name="Home_MenuIcon">" you'll go right to it.

About 15 lines down, you'll see the following code:
Code:
<itemlayout width="300" height="341">
                <control type="image">
                    <width>171</width>[color=black]
[/color]                    <height>171</height>
                    <posx>50</posx>
                    <posy>91</posy>
                    <texture fallback="homeicons/fallback.png">$INFO
[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                </control>
            </itemlayout>
            <focusedlayout width="341" height="341">
                <control type="image">
                    <width>341</width>
                    <height>341</height>
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <animation type="Focus" reversible="false">
                        <effect type="zoom" center="171,171" tween="back" easing="out" time="500" start="50" end="100" />
                    </animation>
                </control>
            </focusedlayout>
Mess with the numbers there to change the icon sizes.

As for the font (I'm not sure if we are talking about the same font since the Home2 labels already stretch across the screen), you can edit font.xml and search for "Font_MainMenu" then modify the "size" number.

- Amra - 2010-07-15

meridius Wrote:hi amra nice work but i would like to know how or could you tell me how to add the media info view into your alaska version from the your big alaska becasue i love that view but ithe rest is abit big for me and would love if i could add it to the alaska normal skin at the right size same for the episode folders to

is this possable

thanks
If I understand your question correctly, you want to copy the "Media Info" views from BIG Alaska to the Original Alaska (NOT Alaska Revisted). Is that correct?

If so, I would like to test that it is a somewhat easy process tonight when I get home (at work now, shhhhh... Wink) and then if so, I'll let you know how to do it. I can tell you now, though, that it will involve modifying at least one other xml file and then copying the Media Info xml file over as well as a few image files.

I'll let you know.

- joebrady - 2010-07-15

Amra Wrote:Thanks and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one finding the larger text & images helpful. Big Grin Nerd

The code for Home Style 2 is in the Includes.xml file. If you search for "<include name="Home_MenuIcon">" you'll go right to it.

About 15 lines down, you'll see the following code:
Code:
<itemlayout width="300" height="341">
                <control type="image">
                    <width>171</width>[color=black]
[/color]                    <height>171</height>
                    <posx>50</posx>
                    <posy>91</posy>
                </control>
            </itemlayout>
            <focusedlayout width="341" height="341">
                <control type="image">
                    <width>341</width>
                    <height>341</height>
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <animation type="Focus" reversible="false">
                        <effect type="zoom" center="171,171" tween="back" easing="out" time="500" start="50" end="100" />
                    </animation>
                </control>
            </focusedlayout>
Mess with the numbers there to change the icon sizes.

As for the font (I'm not sure if we are talking about the same font since the Home2 labels already stretch across the screen), you can edit font.xml and search for "Font_MainMenu" then modify the "size" number.

Great, thanks!

Yea, the font was just a bit smaller than the previous version of Alaska I was using, where that font actually ran off the screen just a bit...I just got used to it, now it looks to small to me. Big Grin

- Amra - 2010-07-15

joebrady Wrote:Great, thanks!

Yea, the font was just a bit smaller than the previous version of Alaska I was using, where that font actually ran off the screen just a bit...I just got used to it, now it looks to small to me. Big Grin
Funnily enough, that was probably the only font size I actually reduced because of that fact. If memory serves me correctly, the original font size was 220 & then I reduced it to 200. Not sure though. Huh

- meridius - 2010-07-15

Amra Wrote:If I understand your question correctly, you want to copy the "Media Info" views from BIG Alaska to the Original Alaska (NOT Alaska Revisted). Is that correct?

If so, I would like to test that it is a somewhat easy process tonight when I get home (at work now, shhhhh... Wink) and then if so, I'll let you know how to do it. I can tell you now, though, that it will involve modifying at least one other xml file and then copying the Media Info xml file over as well as a few image files.

I'll let you know.

cheers mate thats what i am trying to do as i just can not figure it out, its just that i like the font size on the alaska original and the rest of it but i do like your media info view as i think its the best view i have seen shame its not added to the revisited version as i like it maybe you can contact the designer of it and maybe he will add that view to teh new builds to ?

cheers

- meridius - 2010-07-17

any joy ?

- ralob - 2010-07-17

Any update on the release you were planning? Unfortunately, I lost the temp. update when I was forced to reinstall my OS.