Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- ppic - 2010-05-16

stoli Wrote:Does anyone have a different one for True Blood other than the one in the download pack:

Thanks,

need a little bit more, it seems unreadeable on clear background.
you should add a shadow.

- Maxoo - 2010-05-16

Actually he ask for a new one.
The one he posted is the one in the pack.

- ppic - 2010-05-16

lol, my mistake sorry Big Grin

- ppic - 2010-05-16

ok here is one :

- fonzie - 2010-05-16

Here are a few more:

The Critic

Breaking Bad (Alternate Logo)

True Blood (With Outline)

Wonders of the solar system - Wouser - 2010-05-16

Hi there,

I created a little pic for the BBC show Wonders of the Solar System.
It's my first so any feedback is welcome.

- fonzie - 2010-05-16

Wouser Wrote:Hi there,

I created a little pic for the BBC show Wonders of the Solar System.
It's my first so any feedback is welcome.

Good, except you need to either add a drop shadow or a dark stroke to make it stand out in case you have a light backdrop in your skin.

- Wouser - 2010-05-16

fonzie Wrote:Good, except you need to either add a drop shadow or a dark stroke to make it stand out in case you have a light backdrop in your skin.

Like this you mean?

- t2ffn - 2010-05-16

A few requests please Big Grin

CSI New York
Ice Road Truckers
Prototype This
Without a Trace
ER

- hikaricore - 2010-05-16

Wouser Wrote:Like this you mean?

Exactly like that. ^_^

ubuntuf4n Wrote:a few more...

Most of these are really really bad.. I'm sorry but you need to work a lot on your quality.
On the rare occasion that I've made similar logos I've just not posted them here at all.

lebowski Wrote:Hi I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here but being an anime fan myself I made some logos for a couple of anime. some of them turned out better then others. Anyway if anyone wants them i've uploaded them to megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZNE9GL72

Megaupload seems to have blocked access to your file, could you reupload these somewhere?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-17

hikaricore Wrote:Most of these are really really bad.. I'm sorry but you need to work a lot on your quality.
On the rare occasion that I've made similar logos I've just not posted them here at all.

Watch it on your HDTV-Set, its enough because even on a beamer you won't see each pixel (the logos are taken not much space compared to the whole screen).

I checked it, its good enough.

Furthermore thats all hard to find logos, especially 'the flash' and 'superman adventures'.

Newer are easier to do , like this example.

Regards,
ubuntuf4n

btw, feel free to upload replacements.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-17

hikaricore Wrote:Megaupload seems to have blocked access to your file, could you reupload these somewhere?

I got all those and they seem good, I'm going to try and get caught up on this thread tonight or by tommorow...

- hikaricore - 2010-05-17

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Watch it on your HDTV-Set, its enough because even on a beamer you won't see each pixel (the logos are taken not much space compared to the whole screen).

I checked it, its good enough.

Furthermore thats all hard to find logos, especially 'the flash' and 'superman adventures'.

Newer are easier to do , like this example.

Regards,
ubuntuf4n

btw, feel free to upload replacements.

I'm not saying that there isn't some room for hard to find logos, but these just aren't good.
This was the biggest pitfall of clearart when people just started churning out garbage...

For example Fastlanes and Aliens in America.. these are just terrible.

My Lois and Clark cleartitle isn't perfect but it's about the best available image (i've looked) so I released it. Yours just isn't up to par. If you want to make a better one I suggest finding a vector Superman crest and overlaying it with a slimmed version of Times (I believe this is what they use for the logo). If you put a little bit of time into it you'll far surpass anything you could accomplish with a low res image like you've used.

Keep in mind that people will be using these on a number of resolutions and even if they don't look like shit on a massive screen they still may look as such on a smaller one. Good enough does not cut it. We need to strive past that. I think mcborzu would agree with me for the most part here.

P.S. Folk if the only title available for a show is god awful, consider finding the proper font face and remaking it from scratch.
I did this on several of my logos using the original as a guideline and going over them in either inkscape or a new layer in gimp.