Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- feerlessleadr - 2010-06-14

I thought about putting this in a new thread for fear that this will get lost in the shuffle in this one, but I will try here first.

I have a problem where xbmc will studder and freeze when browsing my TV shows since my HDD's will have to spin up in order to show the tv logos.

Is there anyway to cache these logos in the db similar to fanart/posters so that my hdd doesn't have to spin up and spin down everytime I scroll through my library?

Thanks guys.

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-14

the new SVN versions cache the images. I'd suggest upgrading to at least the the stable nightly build (30898),

- Freek - 2010-06-14

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make a dark logo stand out on a dark background (preferably using gimp) please. I've got a few logo's like the one below but they aren't much use if you can't see them. Thanks.

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-14

I would add a 2 pixel white border. Also, the Dinosaur King needs a serious edge trimming.

- hikaricore - 2010-06-14

In gimp i do a series of 0,0 drop shadows (white in this case)
Usually at 6/3/1 blur. It gives a nice effect with most images.

Sranshaft Wrote:the new SVN versions cache the images. I'd suggest upgrading to at least the the stable nightly build (30898),

Is there anything special I need to do to get the logo's to cache?

I am on rev 31102 and the logo's are not being cached.

This is the code I am using in the skin to get the logo to show:

Code:
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <width>600</width>
                    <height>130</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
                    <bordertexture border="8">ThumbShadow.png</bordertexture>
                    <bordersize>8</bordersize>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>8</posx>
                    <posy>122</posy>
                    <width>584</width>
                    <height>114</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture flipy="true" diffuse="diffuse_mirror2.png">$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
                </control>

I have also tried refreshing the show information for a show and then changing the logo.png to no avail.

- ppic - 2010-06-14

first of all use largeimage instead of images.

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-14

It doesn't matter if you use <image>. In fact, you should use image instead of <largeimage> as <largeimage> has been deprecated. You do need to use <texture background="true"> though.

Sranshaft Wrote:It doesn't matter if you use <image>. In fact, you should use image instead of <largeimage> as <largeimage> has been deprecated. You do need to use <texture background="true"> though.

you sir, are a genius...thank you 1million times over

- zwat - 2010-06-15

these logos makes xbmc skins so damn sexy Tongue two requests tho. logos for:
Game Over
Father Of The Pride

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-15

zwat Wrote:these logos makes xbmc skins so damn sexy Tongue two requests tho. logos for:
Game Over
Father Of The Pride

- mcborzu - 2010-06-15

lol, you can get those so quick. I looked those shows up, searched google, and came back and there done and perfect also...

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-15

mcborzu Wrote:lol, you can get those so quick. I looked those shows up, searched google, and came back and there done and perfect also...

hehe Most of the time I do a quick search, get an idea what they look like and draw them up by hand. Easy peasy and no fussing with the magic wand / lasso! Laugh

- mcborzu - 2010-06-15

Yea while making my skin my eye for fonts has improved, but still can barely distinguish many of them. I knew that "Father of the Pride" was an pretty common one but I started out not much of a font guy so it still takes a while....Big Grin

- numbly953 - 2010-06-15

I wanted to make a few requests that I didnt see.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians
Kourtney and Khloe take Miami
Mortal Kombat Conquest
The Mountain