Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- mcborzu - 2010-06-30

I was going thru that List that outputs every image and cleaning a few, would've done more but WhattheFont was either not working or when working was running SO slow...

Anyways, prettysoldiersailormoon-75800.png can be deleted. It's supposed to be 78500, I fixed that and uploaded it to the correct show..

Kode Wrote:What do people think of this for an idea?

Basically on the lockstockmods side, in the user area you can create a unique hash. Then you put that hash in an xbmc script and run it, the script collects all the tv series you have and sends them to lockstockmods, then when you go back into the lockstockmods user area theres a section called ClearLOGOS, you click on that and it displays all the tv series you have, and next to them the logo if there is one, text saying pending if theres no logo but its already been requested, and a button to request it if theres none.

If there are multiple logos it could also let you choose your favourite.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea but might be a little complicated for an average user. A easier solution would be for ppic, if possible, when running the script if a show has multiples then the script pauses and the user chooses the one he wants...

Or an inbetween where its a setting to check:
Option #1 - Just download logos
Option #2 - Allow me to choose logo when multiples available

No clue how that stuff works just throwing an idea out there...

- Kode - 2010-06-30

zwat Wrote:"Try to fill as much width/height as possible" guess this is important since it's mentioned twice Big Grin
Oops, i'll fix that
zwat Wrote:can i suggest the thetvdb in "request logos..." as clickable link to thetvdb site?
good idea, done

- Kode - 2010-06-30

mcborzu Wrote:Anyways, prettysoldiersailormoon-75800.png can be deleted. It's supposed to be 78500, I fixed that and uploaded it to the correct show..
Done
mcborzu Wrote:Sounds like a good idea but might be a little complicated for an average user.
True, but thats why its an option for the more advanced user, it wouldn't break anything for the average user, they just wouldn't use it.
Eventually thetvdb are going to allow users to upload info on series/episodes to the thetvdb, at that point the xbmc database query element wouldn't be needed, just the users thetvdb API key. Its just an idea though, if noone else thinks its a good idea, i'll abandon it.
mcborzu Wrote:A easier solution would be for ppic, if possible, when running the script if a show has multiples then the script pauses and the user chooses the one he wants...
I dont think this would be possible without skin support for it

- Kode - 2010-06-30

Also it would be possible to customise the download script per user on the fly.

If ppic agreed basically what i would do is create an ftp area for ppic to upload the files.

Then when a user generated a hash a download option would show up in their user area.

If they clicked on it, it would add their hash value to the python source and zip it all up on the fly and present the user with a download.

- ppic - 2010-06-30

well, not the better that way, i do prefer a hash setting or user setting (hash can be long to write on a htpc Big Grin )

- Kode - 2010-06-30

ppic Wrote:well, not the better that way, i do prefer a hash setting or user setting (hash can be long to write on a htpc Big Grin )

What do you mean? i'm a bit confused, lol.

- ppic - 2010-06-30

i was talking about that :

Code:
Also it would be possible to customise the download script per user on the fly.

what we can do with script embeded in skin is to have a skin setting to set the hash, then wen the skin launch the script, it pass the hash in parameter.

- Kode - 2010-06-30

yeah, whatever is easier, the only reason i suggested that way is because it would mean the user wouldn't have to do any configuration at all, it would be automatic, all they would have to do is download the script from their user area.

*edit* in case i'm not explaining it well, in default.py you currently have

Code:
SOURCEPATH = os.getcwd()
RESOURCES_PATH = os.path.join( SOURCEPATH , "resources" )
db_path = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath( "special://profile/Database/" ), "MyVideos34.db")
BASE_URL = "http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/logos/"
LOGO_TEST_PATH = os.path.join( RESOURCES_PATH , "test" )
DIALOG_PROGRESS = xbmcgui.DialogProgress()

instead you would have
Code:
SOURCEPATH = os.getcwd()
RESOURCES_PATH = os.path.join( SOURCEPATH , "resources" )
db_path = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath( "special://profile/Database/" ), "MyVideos34.db")
HASH_KEY = ""
BASE_URL = "http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/logos/"
LOGO_TEST_PATH = os.path.join( RESOURCES_PATH , "test" )
DIALOG_PROGRESS = xbmcgui.DialogProgress()

Then when the user clicked download it would automatically fill in the HASH_KEY variable, zip everything up and they download the zip

*edit2*

So my thinking was the user flow would go like
* user logs into backend clicks create hash
* user is presented with 2 downloads (downloader script and catalogue script) they download and install on xbmc
* when user logs into backend they are presented with all the shows they have and if there is a logo available etc.

- ppic - 2010-06-30

i'm not really inspired by that Sad

- Kode - 2010-06-30

ppic Wrote:i'm not really inspired by that Sad
Then we wont do it like that Smile

*edit* For now i think we should forget about this, we can revisit it at a later date. For now if you get your download script to work however you think will work best.

I want to get the mod tools done before i look at anything like this anyway Smile

*edit2* we could always put user rating against the logos as well, and they are presented in order of rating

- hikaricore - 2010-06-30

People you really need to stop adding duplicates of series.
And when there already has been a duplicate added don't upload the same image to multiple entries..

- Kode - 2010-06-30

I'll add a mod function to flag a series as a duplicate so that its removed from the main listings and can't be readded (unless a mod removes the duplicate flag)

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-30

The thing about duplicates is that most of them are actually duplicates from TheTVDb.

Take Droids for example. The show is found twice at TheTVDb, once as Star Wars Animated: Droids and once as Droids. Now, one user may have it set up as Droids and another as Star Wars Animated: Droids and not be even aware that the other exists. We need to have both simply for those users.

This is more of a TheTVDb problem that needs to be fixed there first before we can try to fix it here.

- Kode - 2010-06-30

Sranshaft Wrote:The thing about duplicates is that most of them are actually duplicates from TheTVDb.

Take Droids for example. The show is found twice at TheTVDb, once as Star Wars Animated: Droids and once as Droids. Now, one user may have it set up as Droids and another as Star Wars Animated: Droids and not be even aware that the other exists. We need to have both simply for those users.

This is more of a TheTVDb problem that needs to be fixed there first before we can try to fix it here.

Not really, because regardless of how a user has it set up, if a duplicate is found on thetvdb its deleted, in which case we will have orphan entries here.

*edit* plus i'll add it so you can specify what the duplicates original show id is, so if they have it set up as say 123123 but the original is 78888 trying to get the logo for 123123 will return the 78888 logo

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-30

Kode Wrote:Not really, because regardless of how a user has it set up, if a duplicate is found on thetvdb its deleted, in which case we will have orphan entries here.

*edit* plus i'll add it so you can specify what the duplicates original show id is, so if they have it set up as say 123123 but the original is 78888 trying to get the logo for 123123 will return the 78888 logo

That is definitely the way to go here. Simply deleting duplicates would make it harder for those that do fall into that category. Your idea is exactly what I had in mind.

Whether or not duplicates are deleted at TheTVDb is another story all together...

@Kode: You wouldn't happen to be working on the site at the moment? I'm trying to upload a few logos but keep getting booted from the system. (I log in > try to upload > it tells me I need to log in).

Oh, and I like the way you've added the overlays. Nicely done.