Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- hikaricore - 2010-10-11

Your image is the wrong size.. images MUST be to spec.
The first one was a little dark on darker backgrounds but still visable.
If you'd like to upload another version make it the right size and alignment.

- thezoggy - 2010-10-11

hikaricore Wrote:Your image is the wrong size.. images MUST be to spec.
The first one was a little dark on darker backgrounds but still visable.
If you'd like to upload another version make it the right size and alignment.

sorry about that, I thought it had to be a certain size or smaller since it's just transparent area but eats up file size (small but still)..

-- uploaded new one to lockstock

- Only One Haze - 2010-10-12

can someone do the new Fantasy Factory logo?

- Therms - 2010-10-14

thezoggy Wrote:noticed that Law & Order: Los Angeles (168161) can't be added to lockstockmod so here is the logo.png if anyone wants it (I don't have the law and order font installed-- Friz-Quadrata, when I get around to installing it I'll make a better version).

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4908/logoiw.png

Thanks!

- hikaricore - 2010-10-14

Alright, it seems like we're still not making a massive amount of progress on getting people to submit logos (of reasonable quality).
I had an idea that might help and figured I'd share it here. We currently have 407 requests and I'm getting about 10 submissions a week most of which are denied to due poor quality.
Really the hardest part of this process is one of the following:

A) Finding quality artwork to be stripped for logo usage.
B) Properly identifying and matching fonts in cases where A is not possible.
C) Creatively making up a logo for a series that either has none or A & B aren't possible for.

Now what I'd like you folks to do is the legwork here for me, and in turn I will make as many of the current requests as possible as time permits on weekends and days I'm off work early.

A) Find me quality artwork. And I stress QUALITY. ClearLogos are 400x155 pixels, as such the logos on the images you find me will need to be atleast this size but I prefer if they are larger. The larger the better, this makes the cutout work, etc, much much easier. For best results light coloured logos should be on a dark background and dark ones should be on a light background. I know this is not always possible but it's a pain in the ass to cut out a dark logo on a background that almost matches it. >.> Please do your best and find me good art and I will make logos happen. Avoid images like gifs etc unless the quality is amazing. If you find me pngs with transparency of reasonable size I will be able to turn these around almost immediately, hell even you could do so. In addition if you can find me vector art: ai, eps, svg, and sometimes contained in pdfs (but don't count on it) this would be perfect as I can size it however I need without significant loss of quality.
B) As I mentioned in cases where A is unreasonable or even impossible font matching is required and text must be set manually. So what you can do to assist is find me the fonts, either the names of the fonts or even links to font downloads of exact or close matches. There are tons of font sites like fontspace, fontjunkie, etc that have thousands of free fonts some even tailored especially for tvshows by fans. Having to click a link and download a font as opposed to going and figuring out what is what and then tracking the damn things down is time consuming and aggravating and stifles the process while croudsourcing such as I'm attempting distributes the load and saves the artists hassle.
C) Finally in cases where A and B are not possible in any way shape or form. Example shows that don't have a logo (yes they exist) or really old shows where any resemblance of a logo has been long since lost to the fate of time, I'll need ideas of where to start and what things should look like. Links to fan sites, crude mockups, etc will help in these cases and shows that would otherwise sit without logo might have them.

Finally please stick to the 407 shows that are currently in request, I also urge you to stop requesting so many damn shows at a time this endless pile has been building for months and even when we plow through 100 or so 50-80 more pop up in their place.
I'd really like to clear out the current queue entirely and with a little help it can be done.

Lets make this happen.

- Flomaster - 2010-10-14

anyway to close the logo request feature until the current que is made? as soon as I get my unRaid sever up and running and a fresh install of xbmc-live I'll have time to get to working on these logos, as cutting out is easy peazy. its finding quality image to cut the logo from that is the problem.

-=Jason=-

I'll ask Kode the next time I see him online.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-14

The biggest hurdle is out of the 400+ shows I've heard of like 5, heck probably 20 don't even have tvdb artwork thats how rare they are...

This is why I'm asking people to give us the images/fonts/etc we need, if they can't provide them and we manage to whittle it down to 100 or so maybe we just purge the queue at that point. :p If the fans of the series themselves aren't willing to help us help them then maybe they don't need logos. I'm really hoping this experiment works because I have quite a bit of faith in crowdsourcing.

- KOROR - 2010-10-14

Can you make logo for: An idiot Abroad?

- hikaricore - 2010-10-15

What part of quality images was I not clear on? The text in that is not quality..
Now I assume it's an easy for like Arial or something but you still are missing the point.
Provide the info/images as I requested and I will make it.

Incase you're blind:

hikaricore Wrote:Alright, it seems like we're still not making a massive amount of progress on getting people to submit logos (of reasonable quality).
I had an idea that might help and figured I'd share it here. We currently have 407 requests and I'm getting about 10 submissions a week most of which are denied to due poor quality.
Really the hardest part of this process is one of the following:

A) Finding quality artwork to be stripped for logo usage.
B) Properly identifying and matching fonts in cases where A is not possible.
C) Creatively making up a logo for a series that either has none or A & B aren't possible for.

Now what I'd like you folks to do is the legwork here for me, and in turn I will make as many of the current requests as possible as time permits on weekends and days I'm off work early.

A) Find me quality artwork. And I stress QUALITY. ClearLogos are 400x155 pixels, as such the logos on the images you find me will need to be atleast this size but I prefer if they are larger. The larger the better, this makes the cutout work, etc, much much easier. For best results light coloured logos should be on a dark background and dark ones should be on a light background. I know this is not always possible but it's a pain in the ass to cut out a dark logo on a background that almost matches it. >.> Please do your best and find me good art and I will make logos happen. Avoid images like gifs etc unless the quality is amazing. If you find me pngs with transparency of reasonable size I will be able to turn these around almost immediately, hell even you could do so. In addition if you can find me vector art: ai, eps, svg, and sometimes contained in pdfs (but don't count on it) this would be perfect as I can size it however I need without significant loss of quality.
B) As I mentioned in cases where A is unreasonable or even impossible font matching is required and text must be set manually. So what you can do to assist is find me the fonts, either the names of the fonts or even links to font downloads of exact or close matches. There are tons of font sites like fontspace, fontjunkie, etc that have thousands of free fonts some even tailored especially for tvshows by fans. Having to click a link and download a font as opposed to going and figuring out what is what and then tracking the damn things down is time consuming and aggravating and stifles the process while croudsourcing such as I'm attempting distributes the load and saves the artists hassle.
C) Finally in cases where A and B are not possible in any way shape or form. Example shows that don't have a logo (yes they exist) or really old shows where any resemblance of a logo has been long since lost to the fate of time, I'll need ideas of where to start and what things should look like. Links to fan sites, crude mockups, etc will help in these cases and shows that would otherwise sit without logo might have them.

Finally please stick to the 407 shows that are currently in request, I also urge you to stop requesting so many damn shows at a time this endless pile has been building for months and even when we plow through 100 or so 50-80 more pop up in their place.
I'd really like to clear out the current queue entirely and with a little help it can be done.

Lets make this happen.

We'll take a quick look a the crap you posted (I've zoomed this image without any enhancements to show the horrid nature of the best)
Now lets just ignore for the moment that the font face is completely and entirely wrong and that you could have seen this along side the other 50 images in the google search you found it from.. But look at the quality from the compression of the image. See that pixelated crap around the text? Yea that's a big no. In my next post I will list and example of how you should have asked especially since I just made a massive post telling you how to do so there's really no excuse unless of course you are legally blind in which case you could probably avoid the logo issue entirely because you couldn't see worth a damn.

Here's an example how the recent request should have been presented to this thread.

Quote:Series: An Idiot Abroad
Artwork Link(s):
http://static1.sky.com/feeds/obu_skyone/An_Idiot_Abroad/Wallpapers/1_1600-1200.jpg
http://static1.sky.com/feeds/obu_skyone/An_Idiot_Abroad/Wallpapers/2_1600-1200.jpg
http://static1.sky.com/feeds/obu_skyone/An_Idiot_Abroad/Wallpapers/3_1600-1200.jpg
Font: Unknown
Additional Info: Sorry these are the best and highest res images I could find where the text was clear and undamaged by image compression, thanks in advance for making this!

At which point I would have looked and seen that the images while not perfect show clearly the font used for this logo (incase i can't properly extract it from any of them) and then make an attempt to make a logo from it in one way or another. Also as this series is currently in queue for a logo I would definitely have jumped right on it, had it not it would have been ignored by me.

It's also worth mentioning at this point that there were already 2 logos for the series you asked for on lockstock..
This is the first place you should have checked instead of wasting our time here in the thread.

- Flomaster - 2010-10-15

hikaricore, whats the best way to extract a font, what file type is needed, I would assume a jpg or png would not be possible. would posting an image at a font forum asking what font was used be useful in determining the font used for said show?

-=Jason=-

If you're only looking to identify the font you can use pretty much any image of reasonable quality.
A lot of this is done by eye (looking at a font and saying "hey that looks like cooper") or by researching, for example many fan sites will tell you the font used in the logo of their favorite series and some will even provide a download of the font or a similar one.
Aside from that there are sites such as What The Font, where you upload an image and by means of OCR recognition their system gives you font suggestions based on font characteristics. It should be noted however that such sites are often skewed towards commercial fonts and ignore their free alternatives possibly even to the point of providing false matches.

If you need more info on this topic let me know and post it when I get home.

- zwat - 2010-10-16

not that it would help much, but i made a wrong request that can be removed. the show is Comedy Central's Last Laugh.
other note. as u seen i'm not good at making logos. 2 out of 4 got accepted. should i keep trying or just make the logos i need for my own usage? will be less work for u at least.