Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- Kode - 2010-10-19

ppic Wrote:i'll also add an advertisement on the script for contribution Wink

could be good if there was a link to this topic on lockstockmods

I can add a link, that's no problem. Though it's very unlikely anyone will end up requesting logos on lockstockmods without coming through this forum in the first place though.

Will add the contents of the post to a help file on the site as well though as posts can get buried.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-19

Kode Wrote:I can add a link, that's no problem. Though it's very unlikely anyone will end up requesting logos on lockstockmods without coming through this forum in the first place though.

Will add the contents of the post to a help file on the site as well though as posts can get buried.

I was thinking the same thing but the Devs always say that the majority of the user base doesn't even venture into the forums and on that note I put a note to visit lockstockmods.net near my logo button so if thats true many could be finding the site that way...

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-19

I'm in the process of doing some - all older shows though. Not sure if they're on the wanted list or not?? Had to do them for my own system - and I'm fussy as well.

You're right, most of the time is spent trying to find good artwork to work with. I'll get registered and upload some when I get a chance.

PS - What software do you guys use? I use Photodraw Shocked , but there are lots of things it can't do and is seriously RAM hungry. I'm looking for a replacement and was looking at PSElements9 (still can't figure the whole layer thing they use though.) The learning curve is always the thing that puts me off. I can make PD do the things I want - AND...who has the time to learn new S/W when there is so much artwork to keep up with!

- Kode - 2010-10-19

mcborzu Wrote:I was thinking the same thing but the Devs always say that the majority of the user base doesn't even venture into the forums and on that note I put a note to visit lockstockmods.net near my logo button so if thats true many could be finding the site that way...

Good point, I'll add a link to the discussion tonight.

*edit*

@KidKiwi: I know hikaricore uses GIMP and I'm pretty sure Sranshaft uses Photoshop.

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-19

Kode Wrote:@KidKiwi: I know hikaricore uses GIMP and I'm pretty sure Sranshaft uses Photoshop.

Thx. I got both those programs. Photoshop is 5.5 though - quite old now. Trouble is...I don't know how to use either of them Eek

- Kode - 2010-10-19

Lol, photoshop is pretty easy, not really used the GIMP much though.

What don't you understand about layers btw?

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-19

Kode Wrote:Lol, photoshop is pretty easy, not really used the GIMP much though.

What don't you understand about layers btw?

I understand what layers are and stuff - use them all the time in CAD. What I get confused about is when you load an image the program makes it the background - and you can't seem to work with this image. Not sure how to manipulate it from there.

In Photodraw, everything is just there and really easy to manipulate. Don't really need layers and there is NO background thingee. You can adjust the stacking of an object by pushing it forward/backward.

All the other prog's I've used have this background thingee that seems to be locked. Guess I need to spend more time trying to suss them Huh

- Flomaster - 2010-10-19

KidKiwi Wrote:I understand what layers are and stuff - use them all the time in CAD. What I get confused about is when you load an image the program makes it the background - and you can't seem to work with this image. Not sure how to manipulate it from there.

In Photodraw, everything is just there and really easy to manipulate. Don't really need layers and there is NO background thingee. You can adjust the stacking of an object by pushing it forward/backward.

All the other prog's I've used have this background thingee that seems to be locked. Guess I need to spend more time trying to suss them Huh

if you duplicate the background layer, or unlock the background layer it becomes workable.

gimp is very difficult to use for me as I've been using PS for the past 10 years.

-=Jason=-

- hikaricore - 2010-10-19

I've been using gimp and photoshop since the mid-90s and have never really seen why people have so much trouble between the two.
As with everything there's a learning curve but once you sit down and figure where everything is it becomes a non-issue.

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-20

Thx for the pointers.

@Flomaster I'll look for those options. Thx.

You know how it is. You decide to sit down and try and use your new photo s/ware. Trying to achieve things takes so long that it becomes an effort in frustration. So you go back to your old S/W and have the project done in no time flat. I'm going to give PSElements 9 a try. 1.3Gb d/l is pretty huge though Shocked I need to make the break from PD though.

@hikaricore. I feel the same about CAD. I can make the S/W do pretty much everything I want in 2D. Makes a difference when you have be doing something for 20 years Nod

- ppic - 2010-10-21

kode!

little problem reported by a user!

he made some logo to complete his collection, but can't upload them because you can't upload if serie is not in request, and as you can't request, he can't upload, could it be possible to upload even if serie not requested Wink

- hikaricore - 2010-10-22

And still no proper requests here?
I guess I'll just make whatever I feel like this weekend.
These people clearly don't want any logos in particular.

- ppic - 2010-10-22

i've started to watch for some i requested, don't have lot of time, i'm scripting for you when i've got free time Big Grin

- GJones - 2010-10-22

ppic Wrote:kode!

little problem reported by a user!

he made some logo to complete his collection, but can't upload them because you can't upload if serie is not in request, and as you can't request, he can't upload, could it be possible to upload even if serie not requested Wink

I have the same thing...about 10 logos I made to complete my collection. They are of fairly good quality but I am sure that others could do better. Do we have to wait for someone to request them in order to be able to upload?

- hikaricore - 2010-10-22

I'm sorry that this is causing an issue but with over 400 requests and almost nobody contributing we had to disable requests.
Hopefully Kode will be able to make a workaround soon but requests won't be coming back right away.