Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- Craymel - 2010-10-23

hi,

i've made a logo for the serie Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen 88151 , but i dont know where upload it. could you help me'

thanks

- hikaricore - 2010-10-23

Logos must be bottom aligned.
If the series is currently in the request queue on lockstock you can upload it there (once you fix it)..
Otherwise you will have to wait until we find a way for shows to be added while requests are locked.

- Craymel - 2010-10-23

thanks hikaricore

- hikaricore - 2010-10-23

Also remember folks if you post the info I requested I will make logos for you as long as they are in the request queue.
It will be locked until we get that number down quite a bit so if you want them you need to post what I asked for.
I'll try and tackle some random ones tomorrow but that means just whatever I happen upon.

- Griffith86 - 2010-10-24

hikaricore Wrote:Logos must be bottom aligned.
If the series is currently in the request queue on lockstock you can upload it there (once you fix it)..
Otherwise you will have to wait until we find a way for shows to be added while requests are locked.

I've been meaning to ask this for quite some time, but why is this the accepted/mandatory way to do logos? The reason why I ask is because a lot of people are incorporating logos into their skins now and it makes it really hard to incorporate a logo into a skin when some logos are 400x155 and take up the entire area and then others are actually only 200x155 but you still need to bottom align them leaving that 200px of open space at the top.

And when a new design comes along such as mine:

Unless you modify all of your logos to be centered horizontally (like i had to do myself), using logos is completely pointless since it makes all logos hug the bottom and look like it's positioned wrong. Not to mention that after i re-aligned mine, some newer skins like Shade that use a few logo views look better now because they require them to be centered too or they look out of place (specifically the clearart - showcase view).

- hikaricore - 2010-10-24

This has been answered a number of times and I don't see the point in getting into it again..
You're more than welcome to redo 2,268 logos yourself for your own use, but our rules aren't changing.

hikaricore Wrote:This has been answered a number of times and I don't see the point in getting into it again..
You're more than welcome to redo 2,268 logos yourself for your own use, but our rules aren't changing.

Well, that was a pretty prickish way to answer me, but whatever. It was a simple question. Sorry to have bothered you.

- hikaricore - 2010-10-24

Anytime.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-24

Griffith86 Wrote:Well, that was a pretty prickish way to answer me, but whatever. It was a simple question. Sorry to have bothered you.

Starting on THIS post and maybe continued for 3-5 more posts, me and phil65 have a good discussion on why the rules are what they are...

Simple answer-

Need simple uniformed rules for contributors
Bottom align looks best in a horizontal wraplist

Also I wouldn't see a big hiccup in your mockup if logos are aligned at the bottom along with the 180 episodes line....

mcborzu Wrote:Starting on THIS post and maybe continued for 3-5 more posts, me and phil65 have a good discussion on why the rules are what they are...

Simple answer-

Need simple uniformed rules for contributors
Bottom align looks best in a horizontal wraplist

Also I wouldn't see a big hiccup in your mockup if logos are aligned at the bottom along with the 180 episodes line....

Thank you, mcborzu. And, yeah it may not look so bad in my skin if they are in the normal spot, all I wanted to do was find out why the rules were that way.

- Kode - 2010-10-24

mcborzu, if you want to put together something I'll add a link on the site. Like an explanation of the rules, why bottom aligned etc so people have a reference point instead of asking the same question over and over again, I guess they must struggle searching for answers in over 1400 posts.

ppic i'll have a think about a work around, but if people are completing their own ones theres nothing stopping them manually adding them to their library, they don't *have* to upload them.

What i will probably do is allow moderators to add new series as a work around, but bare in mind, if someone has the ability to create a logo that is of good enough quality to get accepted, but selfishly only create logos for series in order to complete their own collection without contributing in any way to the remaining deficit, the mods will probably (fairly) tell them to jog on.

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-25

Hi Guys,

I just registered on the site. I uploaded 3 new logos for "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century".

I'm assuming there is still no way to upload others that are not currently available??

I have finished

Shogun (x3)
UFO (x2)
Broken Trail (x2)
The Bourne Identity (1988) (x3)
Dead Man's Walk (x1)

Thx.

- Sranshaft - 2010-10-25

Best bet would be to upload them to imageshack or something and post a link to them here. Maybe one of us mods might be able to add them for you.

- hikaricore - 2010-10-25

Probably best to wait for an alternate solution imho.
We shouldn't open the floodgates of people posting images here again if it can be avoided.

- ppic - 2010-10-26

i try to complete those i requested, sorry for the double upload for the same pic for kanokon, and the bad cut in first demonbane upload Sad

would be good to see the eta of image if they've been validated or not ? possible ? maybe with a comment why from the validator to indicate what's wrong ?